CCPP - The RESULTS

I wasn't able to do CCPP this time around. I woke up feeling just awful and my throat felt like I was swallowing glass :(:( I will try to get mine done next week when my energy returns.

I still really loved reading about how everyone else did and the special-ness of each workout. Way to go everyone!!!!
{{{{{Mary}}}}} Let us know when you do the workout and I'll send lots of squeezy hugs and PP vibes your way, and a couple of prayers, too! SMOOCH!

Tanya - That you worked out with us today REALLY hit me hard. You and I have been through a lot together in the past year, haven't we, and I KNOW how much this workout means to you. I couldn't hold back my tears when I read your report. I still have that photo of you running and I put it up where I could see it, and it brought real joy to my heart to think of you participating in something that you've been missing for so long. I know your dad and granddad were smiling upon you today. ;) Now you take care of that ankle, young lady!!
16.gif

Sweetie you and I have been to h$## and back lately! But we have survived it. I'm so touched you still have my photo up. You know that was taken on the original PP Day don't you? Not sure if I ever told you that. Hmmm maybe I should put it as my avatar on here... Your tears show me how well you know the pain I've been through. :( It's never nice knowing someone else knows that pain. :(

Mary: I am so sorry you woke up feeling just awful. I hope you feel better soon.

Gayle: I'm glad you could understand what I meant with those feelings. It's too hard to try and put words to it.

Jo: I'm so glad I got you in the right mood for PP. And OMG! You do THAT many KB swings? :eek: I'd be lucky to do 30!

Jodi Thank you for all your lovely thoughts. They sure helped me get through a tough day.

Nancy I now feel even more honoured being the "Tanya from Australia" :) I'm so glad I could join in with you guys. I know Sean has a real soft spot for all the Cathe girls and continuing the PP tradition.

My thoughts are with everyone doing it tough or who are helping people through tough times.

Last edited:
Well, all of you girls enable me to buy all kinds of neat stuff on this board. And, you have all enabled me to push thru PP today. It was one of those days where I was thinking.....it's too late......I don't want to work that hard today.....maybe today will be my rest day and I'll make it up tomorrow. Then I starting thinking, but then I won't be able to go on the boards and join you all.....at least not with any pride.:( So, I just did it!!!:D So, THANK YOU all!! Now I won't feel as guilty sitting on the couch drinking a couple of beers and watching the game.:p

All of your stories are sooooo inspiring. WTG Tanya....glad to see you here.:) You know Michele, when I hear Sean talking about his #1, I always think he's talking about YOU.:cool: Jane - welcome to PP Saturday. And to the rest of your girls....you all rock!! Thanks for the inspiration as I really NEEDED it today.

Feeling exhaused and accomplished.........ahhhhhhhhhhh Oh, how I LOVE Sean.;)

Angie

Well, all of you girls enable me to buy all kinds of neat stuff on this board. And, you have all enabled me to push thru PP today. It was one of those days where I was thinking.....it's too late......I don't want to work that hard today.....maybe today will be my rest day and I'll make it up tomorrow. Then I starting thinking, but then I won't be able to go on the boards and join you all.....at least not with any pride.:( So, I just did it!!!:D So, THANK YOU all!! Now I won't feel as guilty sitting on the couch drinking a couple of beers and watching the game.:p

All of your stories are sooooo inspiring. WTG Tanya....glad to see you here.:) You know Michele, when I hear Sean talking about his #1, I always think he's talking about YOU.:cool: Jane - welcome to PP Saturday. And to the rest of your girls....you all rock!! Thanks for the inspiration as I really NEEDED it today.

Feeling exhaused and accomplished.........ahhhhhhhhhhh Oh, how I LOVE Sean.;)

Angie

I know just what you mean, Angie. Isn't it great?!:D

Angie, ditto to what Nancy said! BTW thanks for the welcome. Good on you for overcoming your tiredness and doing the workout anyway. You can definitely hold your head up real high.

I think we all love Sean too... ;)

Tanya - {{{{{Tanya}}}}} Yes, you told me that the photo was taken during the original PP event. That makes it even more special! And yes, we have survived, and I think we've both come out stronger.

You know Michele, when I hear Sean talking about his #1, I always think he's talking about YOU.
LOL!!! No, no, no! I am NOT Sean's A#1. That distinction belongs to another -- a truly lovely person and someone I'm proud and happy to call my friend. She's not a member of Cathe's forums, though. ;)

Finished up yesterday but no time to post...plus I was a bit wiped out!! While I was working it, DD (9) had her first "date" :) As soon as I was finished, I had to eat and then leave and pick her up. It is so inspiring every month to read this thread and the results.

Tanya - I am just so happy to see you here. I hear your name every month. Awesome workout you had. I could FEEL your energy through your words.

Everyone else - awesome workouts too :)

Here are my results: Warm-up and Challenge 1 on TM - hills at 15% incline and 4mph, sprints at .5% and 7mph, steady at .5% and 4mph - 2.01 miles. Challenge 2 on stepmill for 1.01 miles and 48 flights. Steadies and Challenges 3&4 on arc trainer for another 1.01 miles. Challenge 5 on TM, alternating b/w 7 and 8% incline, 4mph for .40 miles. Then my added challenge was the instrumental CC#8, Challenge 2 on the stepmill for 2.10 miles and 103 flights and FINALLY, I did the same challenge over again on the bike for 5 miles for dear Michele b/c she is such a cheerleader to me and to all of us, and without her, I would not be doing CC or be in the shape that I am today. I totally credit Cardio Coach for giving me a love for cardio work, and it has greatly improved my endurance, my asthma is just something that lurks in the background now b/c my lungs have been trained so well, and my legs - in fact my entire body -can do work that they would have laughed at a year ago!!

Calorie burn was 1150, workout was 118 minutes, avg HR was 151, max HR was 177.

Great workout everyone. Checking in late this time around. I took a rest day yesterday so I did PP this morning.

I was dedicating this workout to Shannon's friend, everyone who or whose loved ones are going through a hard time and especially to my kids Samuel and Tristan who are going through a difficult time right now.

The dogs and I did 8.15 miles, my bonus challenge(s) were challenge 1 from vol. 1 and challenge 2 from vol. 8, 1193 calories burned according to my Nike+ iPod. After that I was ready to fall in the lake that I was running around and not move for the next hour :eek:

Great to see you checking in here, Tanya and congrats on your accomplishment!!! I was thinking about you when he mentioned Tanya in Australia and it put a smile on my face!

Have a fantabulous day everyone!

Hi all. I finished this morning around 11:00. Carola, I was wondering where you were... it's so cool that we were doing Press Play about the same time. :D

It's been a very emotional weekend for me with my daughter graduating high school yesterday. I actually almost started bawling the second Jim started speaking. And when Sean said "Tanya in Australia" my heart just pounded faster wanting to take off. Tanya, it's so great to see you here!

Today's workout was perfect. The weather was perfect. The air was perfect. The flowers, the mountains, the birds... all of it. And with every challenge, I thought of all of the people here (especially for B-Man) and pushed through harder than I usually do. I didn't do an extra challenge but pushed my hardest through every single challenge. I wore my Nike + (which I LOVE btw) and clocked 7.56 miles and burned 778 calories.

I was crying at the end. My favorite part is when Jim says, "Once the rocket's been let out of the cage, then it gets easier. You make the choice, now let's move forward." And then the rockets take off in your ears. Wow!! I feel so overwhelmed with so many emotions.

To all of you, I thank you for this group. I agree with Michele that this is the greatest check-in group.

Becky

Sorry to be so late to the party:( I did PP this morning on my "dreadmill" which I haven't used in over 2 months. I kept my pace a little slower but was still happy with just under 6 1/2 miles. No challenge since it was my first time running in awhile.

Shout out to all my PP Saturday buddies. You are an awesome bunch and I'm honored to be connected with such a great group of people!!

Until next time.....................

Sorry to be so late to the party:( I did PP this morning on my "dreadmill" which I haven't used in over 2 months. I kept my pace a little slower but was still happy with just under 6 1/2 miles. No challenge since it was my first time running in awhile.

Shout out to all my PP Saturday buddies. You are an awesome bunch and I'm honored to be connected with such a great group of people!!

Until next time.....................

Nice going, Judi!

Thank you to everyone for your warm welcomes here :)

Jodi, so cool to see you here and doing the PP workout. I am in awe of everyone who burned over 1000 calories, that is truly amazing :eek:

Thank you to everyone for your warm welcomes here :)

Tanya- I loved reading about your experience and how it was emotional and uplifting at the same time. I know what a long road it has been for you with your ankle condition and I pray it didn't give you too much trouble after your run. I look forward to doing our next Saturday PP workout together:)

Forgive my stupidity, but what does CCPP stand for? I just googled it, and it came up as:

Composite Capabilities/Preference Profiles
The Center for Cosmology and Particle Physics
Citrus Clonal Protection Program

:D:p:D:p:D:p

Thanks!
Dani

Hey Dani - no stupidity!! No way to know, really, unless you had read it here before...it is Cardio Coach Press Play, a Cardio Coach mp3 workout that a group of us do the last Saturday of the month. You purchase it from chooseliving.com. It is very inspirational :)

Hey Dani - no stupidity!! No way to know, really, unless you had read it here before...it is Cardio Coach Press Play, a Cardio Coach mp3 workout that a group of us do the last Saturday of the month. You purchase it from chooseliving.com. It is very inspirational :)

Thanks Shana! I'll check it out.:D

Awwww...Thanks Nancy! How did you do?

It was great. I'm still a toddler when it comes to the distances of most of the PPers. I'm not ready to add on any challenges and my current goal is to break 5 miles. I usually get about 4.5.

It was great. I'm still a toddler when it comes to the distances of most of the PPers. I'm not ready to add on any challenges and my current goal is to break 5 miles. I usually get about 4.5.

Way to go!! Remember, it is not important how far you go but rather that you go at all;)

Nancy, that distance sounds pretty similar to me!! The most important bit is that we did the workout.

Thanks Jodi! My ankle stuff feels never ending, but the joy of being able to do some exercise again is amazing. I'm looking forward to doing PP with you at the end of this month.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.