CCPP - The RESULTS

Got me hooked

Okay guys

I decided to check out CC after all the hype on here. I tried CC2 yesterday. I run 6km about 3 times a week steady state with two massive hills in the middle but it is always the same route. I did the CC2 on the treadmill and it was a blast. I did feel a little hokey when he was talking about the band of tribes people watching you finish the last hill but rhythm and his voice were great motivators. I had no idea how hard to go or what kind of incline was suitable and of course my heart rate monitor is on the fritz. I ran at 6.0mph and ranged the hills between 7 and 5 on the treadmill. I was a bucket of sweat at the end. It was a STS day (not legs) so it was the perfect length too. I was expecting some sprinting but it was all resistance... are most of them like that?

Thanks for sharing Cardio coach!
Heather

Heather - if you go to the site, it describes the challenges in each CC workout. CC#2 is largely hills. CC#1 is hills; sprints; hill/sprint combos(treks). CC#3 is sprints; hills; sprints. CC#4 is sprints/hill/sprint; hills/sprint; hill/sprint/hill/sprint. CC#5 is hills; sprints; hill/sprint combos (treks). CC#6 is hills/sprints; sprints; hills. CC#7 is sprints/treks; hills/sprints; whatever it takes - sprint/hill/trek. CC#8 is mostly hills - sprint/hill; treks; hills. They all are divided into the 3 challenges. Hope this helps. The duration of the workouts ranges from about 30 min to about 60 min. Go to cardiocoach.com for more info regarding details on challenges and length of workouts.

Oh my goodness, so much has been posted since I last checked in! What a fun thread to read and SO inspirational!!!

Shanna -
OMG girl, you totally rocked PP!!! And I can hardly believe you REPEATED that challenge for ME!? You made me cry, seriously. Thank you!
34zn0n5.gif
I think we should have a PP party at your house and we can do musical cardio machines! :eek: :D

Carola - You know I can't get through PP without thinking of you, especially when I hear Sean utter the words that occupy your sig line. You rocked it, too!! You went over 8 miles! :eek: That's AWESOME!!! You are such an inspiration to me, you have no idea!

Becky - It sounds like you had glorious weather for an outdoor run! I have never been able to make it through PP without crying. It gets me every.single.time. And I love that last bit of commentary from Jim at the end of the workout. I don't shut down my elliptical until after they launch the rocket :D. How was your DD's graduation? I see your friend, Angela, joined us this time!! WOO HOO!!!!! :D

Judi - 6 1/2 miles sounds awesome to me!!! I only get about 5 on the elliptical without the bonus challenge. I just never seem to be able to get better in terms of distance, but I am stronger in that I can use greater resistance and my aerobic capacity has greatly improved... but I'm still slow as molasses! Oh hey, thank you for your reply to my question about the Valor Squat Stands! Your workout room is beautiful!! My stands came yesterday and my DH is trying to put them together as I type. He says the instructions are terrible and he's having a hard time with it. Any tips? And when you use it for bench presses where do you rack the bar -- on the top or on the lower doohickey's? I'll be using them with a standard weight bench.

Dania - I hope you'll join us next month for PP Saturday!! Have you tried any of the other Cardio Coach workouts?

Nancy - You did GREAT!!! Press Play still just about kills me and I've been doing it regualrly for, well, ever since it was released in January of 2007. I mean FIVE challenges!!! Holy cow!!!

Heather - Welcome to Cardio Coach Land!! Shana gave you good advice. I've been doing CC workouts for almost 3 years and I still check the website for a complete breakdown of the workouts when I'm trying to decide which one I want to do. I recommend a perusal of the Quick Start Guide, too. It has a lot of useful information on heart rates zones and perceived exertion, and how to use his system of levels and zones. http://www.cardiocoach.com/Quickstart.php
I had the same reaction the first time I did V2 but now I look forward to the tribe waiting for me :p :D. The later volumes have less of that sort of thing ;). They're all good, though, and most people who buy one to start usually end up getting all of them. Just thought I'd warn ya. :p

Last edited:
Michele - you are so sweet! No need for tears, my dear, but I bet your DH may be crying abour right now putting your new toy together!! And everyone is welcome to CCPP here as long as they clean up their own sweat :p

Michele

"...And when you use it for bench presses where do you rack the bar -- on the top or on the lower doohickey's? I'll be using them with a standard weight bench..."

I'll put my $.02 in here. For bench presses I take the lower doohickey's off completely -- makes the top doohickies lower and easier to use the stands. Otherwise, they get in my way.

I feel for your husband in trying to follow the non-instructions in putting them together. I think all of us ended up putting the lower doohickies on backwards the first time through. And there is general agreement that the so-called wrenches that come with it are, for lack of a better term, crap. I hope he has "real" tools to use to make it so much easier.

I am so very happy with my stands. And I can't imagine how I would be able to do Meso 2 (I'm into week 3 for the first time [6-mo version]) without them for chest work. Or back work for that matter, since I use them for pullups and chinups.

And there is general agreement that the so-called wrenches that come with it are, for lack of a better term, crap. I hope he has "real" tools to use to make it so much easier.

LOL! My DH suggested a variety of uses for them, but not anything related to assembling the squat stands. :p

LOL! My DH suggested a variety of uses for them, but not anything related to assembling the squat stands. :p

Mine ended up cutting one of them up and making a tool he needed for something or other in putting one of his '60s-something Mustangs back together. So I guess all was not lost!

Mine ended up cutting one of them up and making a tool he needed for something or other in putting one of his '60s-something Mustangs back together. So I guess all was not lost!

That's very creative -- mine just used it to open a paint can.

Nancy and Kristi!!! Oh yeah, I thought I heard some swearing coming from my workout room yesterday. :p :D :D :D

DH made a couple of trips to the garage for tools, and when the stands were finally assembled there were a few parts left over. :eek:

What are those little black caps for? BTW, I got the BD-8 stands -- not sure which model you guys have.

Michelle -- congrats on having them assembled. I have the BD-3s, so I don't know what the caps are for. The only caps mine had are the covers for the ends of the feet. Enjoy!!! I'm about to use mine for the last chest and back workout in Meso 3.

Michelle -- congrats on having them assembled. I have the BD-3s, so I don't know what the caps are for. The only caps mine had are the covers for the ends of the feet. Enjoy!!! I'm about to use mine for the last chest and back workout in Meso 3.

Ditto. Or I would just say "Ditto" if this silly program wouldn't keep telling me that wasn't enough characters.

Hey everyone - better late than never, huh?

I just read through all of your posts, and as always after I do that, I'm just really happy! It sounds like we had some truly awesome workouts. Thanks so much to all of you who dedicated yours to my friend. I told her about this group and CCPP, and she was really grateful for our dedications to her.

Sorry I didn't check in earlier. I don't have internet service at home, and the week at work started out a little hectic. Not terrible - I just didn't have time to post.

I had a really, really good workout. It felt great, and let me tell you, I worked hard. I got sort of choked up when Jim was saying "don't ask why" in the intro, because my friend and I have been doing a lot of that lately. But he's right. You have to choose to make the most of each day, with what you're given.

There are so many of you who joined in, and soooo many posts that I won't attempt personals this late in the game. :) I just want to tell you all GOOD JOB!!!

See ya in the (next) workout!

I finally did my CCPP this morning! Better late than never :p

I did C5 2x as my bonus challenge. I thought about all of you and how your workout went last week. I was very encouraged (once again) listening to Jim and Coach Sean talk about making the choice to live our lives each day and taking ourselves off auto-pilot! I might need to re-listen to this again tomorrow, lol :D

Have a great day!

Mary!!! - ^^^ 5's to you for managing to squeeze the workout in this week!!! Sean and Jim always make my day a little better. I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out which workout your signature quote is from. I love it!

CUZ!!! - I missed your workout report! ^^^ 5's to you, too! I've been wondering how your friend is doing? Is there anything new to report? She has been on my mind and in my prayers.

Hi there Miss Lee :) My sig quote is actually from one of the Coach's Notes. I am not even sure myself, but maybe Vol. 1 :confused:
Thanks Mary! I love the Coach's Notes and I almost always listen to them. Now that you mention it, it sounds familiar and I think you're right -- it's from Vol 1 -- I'm pretty sure it is. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.