Cathlete's Gettin' to Goal Sept.27-Oct.3

jacqued

Cathlete
Hi everyone! I can't believe I'm starting the thread this week! I had to double-check to make sure there wasn't one already there and I just didn't miss it.:D Hope you're all doing well this weekend.

I'm back to check-in.:D I just finished eating a leftover piece of birthday cake from my DD's birthday party.:( Why can't I just say no?:confused: I even ordered to cake from Safeway (instead of having my friend bake it) because I don't like their cakes that much and I wouldn't be tempted to eat the whole thing.:eek:

Today is a rest day. I didn't get a workout in yesterday. I had my DD's birthday party and spent the whole day cleaning, decorating, playing hostess, and cleaning up. I was pretty spent when it was all over.

I hope everyone else is having a great weekend (what's left of it anyway).:)

Thanks for starting us, Jacque. Today's a rest day for me and I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing this week I guess I'll decide by tomorrow. LOL

I still have cake here, too. Why won't they eat it already! :eek:

Be back in a bit.....:D

Cathletes Gettin' to Goal Check-in

I am alive and well in Texas and basking in the afterglow of Zumba love! LOL! Here is a summary of my workouts since I checked in last Sunday--Zumba, Zumba, Zumba, Zumba, and more Zumba! We had an awesome Zumba class in the ballroom downtown Monday night. It was fun, fun, fun to the max! My Zumba teacher choreographed my dream dance with all kinds of mambos, cha chas, pivots, and spins! This class was the best one so far! After a lifelong love affair with food, I am on the verge of a miraculous breakthrough. I am on the edge of declaring that I love Zumba more than food! I am not there yet, but I told my teacher that she can totally push me over the edge with a couple more classes like that one! How many more Zumba classes can I join before y’all stage an intervention? LOL! I would Zumba my butt off twice a day if I could! Oh, I joined the Wednesday class too. I had a blast at a Saturday morning Zumba fundraiser for a local Christian school. The gym was full! My church is starting FREE Christian-flavored Zumba classes next Sunday! The class will be for women only with dancy Christian music. My Zumba teacher choreographed a dance to a song from the new David Crowder CD. Fun, fun, fun! I am doing the happy dance! Did I mention that I feel good?! Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! :)

Cathe posted Travel Fit pictures today! I am looking forward to this one! I need a little more balance in my rotation, but I just want to Zumba all day!

Jacque, this was a rest day for me too.

Rhondalyn, I do not know what I am doing this week either other than Zumba! LOL! I do not even know what my goal is anymore, but I sure am enjoying the journey! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God” (1 Corinthians 10:31 NIV).

Sunday

Jacque and Rhondalyn -- throw that cake away! Or send it to me. ;)

Heather, please tell us how you like Zumba.:D It's so great that you've found something that gives you such pleasure. Enjoy!

This ended up being a rest day for me. My husband offered to help me reorganize some cupboards and clean out the pantry, so I took him up on it (no fool here!). That took all afternoon and into the early evening. But a day well spent! I need to check back on the other thread to see what I missed. But I do remember...

Linda, good luck at work tomorrow!

Monday...

Good morning!!

Like everyone else so far, yesterday was a rest day for me too. In fact, I didn't even leave the house!! :eek: It was cold and windy yesterday so I opted for the couch, a blanket, and On Demand moives. :p

Tonight I'll be doing KS Fat Burning Workout. I'm trying to stay positive about what I can and can not do. :eek: I kept track of my food all last week and over the weekend. I'm hoping for some good news from my scale tomorrow morning! ;)

Jacque: You probably burned off all those calories preparing for and cleaning up the party! :eek:

Rhondalyn: Did you figure out what your workout routine will be this week? I haven't planned beyond today. Now that I really only have 3 workouts to pick from, I can pick "on the fly". ;) Did your family eat the rest of that cake yet? :D

Nancy: Hey, I noticed you updated your ticker with a big loss!! CONGRATULATIONS!! WOO HOO!!
Are you enjoying your newly cleaned and organized pantry?:D I love organizing-makes me feel in control and sane about something; even if it's just a drawer or a closet!! :eek:

Heather: You're probably busy Zumba-ing right now but I wanted to say "hello" anyway. :eek::eek::D

I check back in tomorrow with my weigh in results!! :D

Last edited:
Happy Monday everyone! I'll try this again. This the 3rd time I've tried to post this. I'm typing on my laptop and I keep hitting a button (not sure which one it is I just know it's by the backspace key) that takes me from this page and I lose everything I've typed!:mad:

Today is my DD's birthday. I can't believe she's 5 already. Where did the time go?:confused: I'm making (dare I say it?:eek:) cupcakes for her preschool class.

A TB workout is on tap for today. I think I'll do MIS. I haven't done that workout in a long time.

Rondalynn: Have you checked the rotations forum? Maybe something there will jump out at you.

Nancy: Congratulations on the big loss! I love organization. Clutter stresses me out.:confused:

Lisa: Hope you recorded a loss this week. I'll be crossing my fingers for you. I lost one pound but it just put me back to where my ticker is so it doesn't really count.:(

Heather: So let me get this straight. You like Zumba?:p Just want to make sure I'm reading that right.;) I'm so happy for you that you've found something (fitness wise) that you love so much.

Linda: Hope your first day back to work is a great one!

Talk to you later.:D

I heard a rumor that there was someone on our check-in that liked Zumba!!!! :eek::eek::eek: I don't know if it's true or not. I'm just saying........

I'm doing 4DS this week. Today was HI Step/back and chest. I have to work for DH tomorrow so I won't get a w/o in but hope to get in a nice walk in the afternoon.

Happy Birthday to your DD, Jacque!

Nancy and Lisa, I threw the cake away!:eek:

I need to check your ticker, Nancy. I haven't looked but congrats!

Monday, Monday

Lisa, I'm very proud of you for staying positive about your workouts and what you can and can't do right now. That's got to be tough, but you're hanging in there. Are the effects of the shot still holding? How observant of you to notice my ticker! I realized after I had shut down the computer that I hadn't mentioned my WI. It was a big loss this past week because I decided to start a reduced carb diet that was a success for me a number of years ago but I got away from during a bout with gum surgery and never made it back to. It's called Protein Power by Drs. Mike and Mary Dan Eades (husband and wife). To get me jumpstarted into the program I picked up their brand new book called The 6-week Cure For the Middle-aged Middle. That sure caught my attention! It's a pretty dramatic regimen for the first four weeks, so it's not for everyone. And, frankly, I wasn't sure whether I would make it through the first two weeks as it calls for three protein shakes a day and only one meal. But I've made it through 9 days now without too much trouble. I'm surprised at how easily it's gone, actually. The shakes are filling and the suggested meals (recipes provided) are delicious. So, long story short (too late, I know!:p) is that accounts for my big loss this past week. I just feel so much better with a higher protein diet. Much as I love carbs -- and boy do I! -- they really mess with my energy level and my need to just keep eating them. Enough about me! I have my fingers crossed for you with your WI tomorrow. Good luck!

Jacque, I was quite startled when I walked into the kitchen this morning and caught sight of the pantry -- it looked like someone else's! But I love it. As Lisa said, it feels great to organize things. How did your workout go?

Rhondalyn, I had to giggle about your Zumba rumor confirmation:D. I really like the 4DS workouts. Have fun with them this week. And ^5s on throwing that cake away! I confess that I haven't paid a lot of attention to the tickers, but has yours moved a bit, too?

Today's workout for me was CLX Burn Circuit 1. I got a much better workout this week than last since I had a better idea what to expect with CLX in general. I followed with the hill interval work and upped the intensity a little bit. Keep up the great work, everyone!

Sounds like this has been a great week for everyone!

Nancy: Congratulations on the weight loss! I know what you mean about the carbs and your energy...it also affects my emotions!

Rhondalynn: Yay for throwing away the cake! I have done the same thing before...I have even squirted mustard all over it in the trash just to make sure I wouldn't go back for a taste!...just joking everyone...well...maybe!

Jacque: the more I find out about you, the more we have in common! Clutter makes me crazy, too! My big job this weekend was organizing my girls sock and underwear drawers...they look so nice now!

Heather: OK, you have finally sparked my curiosity enough...I will Google Zumba and see what the heck it is! Back when I first found Spinning, I was equally excited...I so miss it...the only classes around here on base are during the day while I'm at work!

Lisa: I'm envious of your day on the counch watching movies! That sounds awsome! I did take some time for myself on Sunday and went to the mall, strolled around with a non-fat Misto from Starbucks....and burned up my husbands credit card!!ha ha Saw the chiropractor yesterday...its amazing how literally 2 minutes can make such a difference!

Now I am going to ask a question I'v have been wondering ever since we started this...It will show my technical non-savviness...but her goes...what do the letters stand for that y'all use for your family members...for example DD...I am assuming that means daughter...but whats the other D for? I know, I'm a dork:rolleyes:

I have evening meals planned all week that include meat and veggies..perhaps this will make up for my cheese dip fiasco this weekend...I don't know what it is but I have to go eat queso dip once a month, or life's just not worth living! What I would give at times for a Rubios bean burrito...luckily mexican food is not too big here on the East Coast. Less than 2 years to go and it's back to Southern California (with any luck and kindness form the Marine Corps, that is...)

Todays workout will mainly be jogging and walking for an hour during my daughter's soccer practice. Gotta get ready to shop for a dress for the Marine Corps Ball Nov 13!

If it's Tuesday it must be Fall in Minnesota!!

Woke up to 34 degrees today!! :confused: So not ready for cold weather-mentally or wardrobe-wise. Luckily, I have a 30% off pass for Kohl's!! :eek::eek:

For today's workout I chose my walk 1 mile with WATP, followed by the 30min. SS Cardio Sculpt. SS CS is actually a very good workout.

I am going to check out a fitness center & pool after work tonight. They are one of the 2 fitness center that offer water aerobics in my area. :rolleyes: I just cancelled my membership at another gym that I really like but they have no pool at all; hopefully I'll like this new place just as much.

Well, I am down 1 pound! It still never ceases to amaze me how quickly weight comes on and how slowly it comes off!! :eek::confused:

Nancy: Thank you. I have to stay positive or I would be a big 'ole mess and feeling sorry for myself. I had one crying episode at the PT office about a month ago and after that, I decided to buck up! Afterall, I am able to walk, talk, and work...I'm not that bad off! Might even be better off if I didn't have to work... ;)
Yep, my cortisone shot is still working. Yesterday and today have been the best days so far. I go to my chiro tomorrow for a little hip adjustment and I'm counting down the hours!! Like Lacy said, it's amazing how 2 minutes can make such a difference!! :D
Anyway...I am going to google that new book/plan you're having so much success with!! It must feel good to be able to follow a plan and actually like it! :eek: And it's great that you actually feel better. Sometimes I wonder if gluten free or sugar free might be the way to go. :D
Glad CLX is going well this week. It does make a difference when you know what to expect from a workout-you can focus and work even harder! :cool:

Rhondalyn: Kudos to you for tossing out that cake!! I've been known to do such a thing too, only instead of mustard, Lacy, I usually use a scoop full of dog food to cover up the temptation!! :eek: :eek: :p
Enjoy 4DS this week!! HIS is so fun!!
I hope your husband doesn't make you work too hard today!! :)

Jacque: I hope you have better luck with that laptop today--how frustrating! How'd those cupcakes turn out? :D I'm sure your DD and her class loved them!!
How was MIS? That is a favorite of mine. It's a solid TB workout for sure!

Lacy: I'm lacking in technical savvy too, but I *think* the first "D" stands for "dear" or "darling"???
Very cool that you have your dinners(or is it supper?) planned out for the week. :cool:
I bet that cheese dip was good! I feel the same way about frosting-sometime I HAVE to have it or I will die! :eek: :eek::eek:
The Marine Corps Ball sounds awesome. Are you shopping for a fancy gown? What have you found so far? Shopping is wonderful, isn't it??! :eek:

Heather: Still Zumba-ing? ;)

Linda: How was your first day back at work? Ready for another vacation!? :eek:

Melissa: Hope you had a great weekend and are having a good week!

Uh oh...some just filled up the candy jar here at work. I heard the bag being emptied! I think it's M&M's--the plain kind!! :eek::eek: Gotta be strong.... :confused:

Uh oh...some just filled up the candy jar here at work. I heard the bag being emptied! I think it's M&M's--the plain kind!! :eek::eek: Gotta be strong.... :confused:

More later. Just had to post on this. Lisa, just think about everyone else's germy fingers being in that jar with the unwrapped candy. That should help! :confused:

Well, everything is packed. That has been counting as my workout for about a week now. It has just been crazy here. We moved in to my in-laws on Saturday and it has been wonderful so far. We are 99% unpacked here. I still have some pantry items packed and my winter coats that need to come out of the box and then we are totally unpacked here. That was a huge workout.

Our new house has a radon problem. The level was really high. A mitigation system can be put in to lower the level. The seller has to decide if he wants to do that. If he doesn't we will walk away from the deal without any consequence. I would be disappointed but there would be other houses.

It is great to read how everyone is doing. I hope to be able to check in again in a few days. Do a few extra reps for me!!

More later. Just had to post on this. Lisa, just think about everyone else's germy fingers being in that jar with the unwrapped candy. That should help! :confused:

Thanks, Nancy! I didn't see your post until after work, BUT I did NOT eat the M&M's (my spidey-like candy senses were right)!! I decided that I didn't want to meet the fitness center people with M&M breath!! :eek::eek:

Tomorrow I will keep reminding myself that the M's are covered with germs and one of those germs might be H1N1!!! :eek::p

Hi Melissa! I'm happy to hear that things are going well at your in-laws. Hope the issues with your new house get worked out!

... :)

Happy Tuesday everyone! (what's left of it anyway:D)

I didn't get my workout in yesterday.:( My mom called and wanted to take my daughter and me to lunch then while we were eating lunch my DH called and wanted me to come into work. By the time I got home it was time for dinner. We wanted to spend some family time together (especially since it was DD's birthday) so I couldn't break away and workout. We watched Disney's Earth. Has anyone seen this? It was actually pretty good. My DD especially liked the baby polar bears.:D

I decided to switch up my rotation today. I'm doing FF's Get Ready for Summer 2008 rotation (a modified version anyway). I use the stated workouts as suggestions rather than the rule. I pretty much follow the generic version though. Today's workout was LowMax premix 4-7.

I took DS to the Dr. today. He's still having problems with his ankle. (He sprained it at the beginning of football season) His trainer is afraid he might have a stress fracture now. He had x-rays taken today. I guess we'll find out tomorrow if he's able to continue playing. If there's a fracture he won't be able to continue but if it's just sprained then he needs to decide whether he wants to continue playing through the pain. The season's already halfway over. They only have 5 more games to go (unless they make the playoffs).

Well, I need to get to bed. I'll be back for personals in the morning.
Good night everyone!~

Hello all!

Today's w/o was BC/B & T from 4DS.

I'm going to Louisville tomorrow. It's where I go when I need to shop and don't want to have to look all over town for it. The mall is about a 45 minute drive. Not that bad really. We do have a mall in my town but it doesn't have a lot to offer. I got shoes for the wedding the other day but I'm still not sure. They have a higher heel than I wanted so I'm going to look a little more and I need to find something for my DM's (dear Mother's ;)) birthday.

I'm supposed to weigh tomorrow but I weighed this morning and I haven't lost a pound. :( Why can't I quit eating so much???? I blame stress because I have been especially stressed. There are some things going on with DH's business that are about to drive me crazy and I can't do anything about it. I was hoping it would be resolved today but it's still not. Hopefully within the next few weeks. I hate the way I look in jeans. :(

I was also planning on giving my DM a little surprise BD party this year. She will be 85. It's not going to happen though because I have too much on my plate right now.

Jacque, I hope your DS doesn't have a fx and gets to continue playing. My DB's team is still undefeated. I hope it continues. :)

So Lisa, were you able to avoid the germs today? LOL

Wow, Melissa! You guys did good. I'm glad all is well with the in-law situation. It's great that you feel comfortable there. I hope the house works out for you.

Lisa, I meant to tell you that I had $50 Kohl's cash and spent it on Monday.:) No clothes for me though. LOL Hey, a pound is good. Be happy! :D

I don't know what it is but I have to go eat queso dip once a month, or life's just not worth living!
I understand this. I really do. :eek: Ooooh, the ball sounds like fun. You'll have to take a pic and show us your dress.:D

Nancy, you are doing so good. :D I know what you mean about the carbs. Why can't they be the good food? I've heard about the plan you're using. I can't remember where though. LOL It does sound tough but making it 9 days is wonderful!

I better go. I need to take my westie to the wet at 5. Be back tomorrow.

Hi Everyone!

I haven’t been here this week, and I think I’m going to have a problem keeping up with all you guys. Thanks for the good wishes for coming back to work. It really wasn’t so bad, because I log in and check my mail periodically, I did not want 2000 messages to greet me when I came back from vacation/sabbatical! No, I am not that important that I’d have 2000+ important messages!! Most of it is advertising, re-org info, computer downtime alerts, etc. J Not much is going on at work at the moment, and I’m just reading some new training stuff (zzzzzzzzzzzz) that I missed while I was gone.
Anyway the eating is not going wonderful, but, it is not going too bad either. First day back, someone wants to go out for Vietnamese food, and I really love the place, so of course I go! I did put 1/3 of the food in a box right away, so I didn’t eat the whole thing, but, that’s because I ordered salad rolls(split with someone) and ate all the peanut sauce that came with it. It’s kind of like I eat it all because I think I will never have it again! It’s kind of like Lisa’s queso dip conundrum! Anyway, I think that will keep me full until dinner, but, then I go home and eat a couple of mini-banana muffins because I left them on the counter(a whole plate) for my daughter(who doesn’t really like to eat). Then, I had a light dinner, and more muffins, yikes! Then I had a Skinny Cow ice cream sandwich. Well, I didn’t want to write down everything because it would take too long so I just added 15 points for everything and came up to 35 points that day. Well that was Monday, so Tuesday I was below 23, so that was better. Too badd I just can’t stay at that magic 18 points when I first started with WW. Discipline is my problem. Also, when I don’t take the time to write in this checkin, that’s my second problem! I will try to write just a little bit everyday to keep myself on track, but, my excuse this time was work, but, I know I can fit in a little bit of time to do this important thing!

Regarding Physical Therapy, I decided to stay with it, but, be more assertive about what I wanted. The PT Aid would just tell me to do something then walk away, so I made him work for me this time – I wanted to get something out of this(Tuesday). As he had me warm up on the exercise bike, I told him I wanted a written plan of my home program, because the PT he worked for gave me 3 exercises that were useless. So, he went away to figure that out and printed some pretty decent exercises for me, and we went through them in my session(along with other exercises). I think he is not as dumb as I had originally thought, just lazy in doing his job. I asked him questions about my form, and questioned positions that he had to explain to me, so he could not just walk away!!! LOL Isn’t that funny, I made him earn his keep! He also knows I don’t like to put my head on stuff unless there is a a fresh towel, so he brought me a bunch of towels today. This place is like a gym with the exercise equipment, and I don’t like to lay on other people’s sweat, therefore I want the clean towels! Don’t I sound like such a <insert mean word>! Anyway, I did this all in a pretty pleasant manner, so everyone will benefit. Also, I’m doing the Egoscue exercises, and they make me feel good when I am done—will get more sessions after the beginning of the year, I think.

Am making tiny steps in progress in the workout room. We moved a desk out last night. I’ve masked about 1/3 of the door openings, ceiling, windows, mouldings. We've got to move out the temporary table with the new TV on it tonight, so I can mask more ceiling and floor mouldings. DD(Dear Daughter) bedroom ceiling was easier to mask. They are the standard height, whatever that is, whereas the computer/workout room has 8 foot ceilings, and I have to stand on a higher step on the ladder. That is part of my problem—I’m scared up there that high; if I fall I would land on something sharp, or fall on the vacuum cleaner or something else, so this take me extra time. I will have the easiest parts masked tonight. It will take a couple more evenings to move out the other 2 desks away from the wall and clean the dust off the mouldings and carpet—yuck, and mask that area. Hopefully, by this weekend I can start painting! Not sure if I will finish, though. Our house looks like a storage warehouse because we moved in new things (TV, new TV shelving), moved things out into the living room, and cleaning stuff all over, and a partially masked room, with a patch of “practice” paint on the wall. It looks like a disaster zone.

I cleaned DS's (Dear Son) room after we moved him to Eugene, so at least THAT room looks better!

As far as my workouts are going, they are shortened right now. I’m setting my alarm for 4:45am, to make my breakfast, DD breakfast(then I heat it up at 6:30), make her lunch, eat, read internet, change, then exercise by 5:45 or 6:00(I aiming for 5:30), take DD to school at 7:15, get to work at 8:00(or PT). I’d like an hour of exercise (alternating cardio and weights), but, haven’t been organized enough and can only get half hour to 45 min in. Also, try to do my PT or Egoscue exercises at night. Working really puts a kink in my workout schedule!! J But, it pays the bills…

I am probably going to be kind of brief on the personals, ‘coz you guys are just too organized for me!

Rhondalyn: you are ahead of me in the weight loss. I think I am going the other way now. I totally understand your statement Why can't I quit eating so much???? because I am just the same! I think we just really enjoy food. Did you read on the forum about the people that don’t like to eat? I am on the opposite end of the spectrum, liking all the textures, flavors, smells, etc. Also, it’s creative in the kitchen! I hope you have fun shopping for new shoes!

Jacque: HB to DD! Sounds like you had good family time with everyone that day. Hope DS ankle is okay, I’ll be thinking of him; let us know!

Nancy: that is a good idea to convince ourselves that there are H1N1 germs on the candy and cakes! I noticed at work near the cafeteria they put a little hand sanitizing dispenser on the wall. That stuff really dries out my hands! Keep enjoying your retirement, you lucky gal!

Lisa: I like the peanut M&M’s better than regular ones! Glad you used Nancy’s technique to resist! It was really cold here the last couple of days, too! I’ve been use to working out in our house at 76 degrees, but, this morning our inside thermometer said 65 deg. Brrrr. I wanted to wear summer clothes to work, but, it is too cold L darn! Glad your cortisone injections have you feeling better! I like your dogfood coverup over the cake, and Lacy’s mustard cover up! That’s so funny! And, of course it works!

Melissa: Does a mitigation system rid the radon levels? Seems like if the radon is there, ya wouldn’t be able to really get rid of it? Does that system magnetize it away or get rid of it with some kind of radiowaves or something? I’m jealous you have a neat tidy place where you are! Moving is definitely a workout. When we moved DS to Eugene, I came back and took a nap!

Hi Heather, for some reason I think you like Zumba! Keep it up! Are you enjoying our teasing? J

Okay I’ll try to come back more often! Have a great week with your choice of exercise and your food choices. I’ll be rooting for everyone!

Last edited:
Wednesday

Lacy, I see that your question about the D in the abbreviations has been answered. I've heard it jokingly stand for "damn" when included with DH, depending on someone's mood.:cool: I hope you get a great dress for the Marine Corps Ball. My husband was a Marine, but he was out long before I met him. Once a Marine, always a Marine, though.

Lisa, our weather here is still hovering around 100 for the high. It doesn't even get to 34 that often as a low. Funny how different parts of the country deal with different types of weather. How was the new fitness center you were checking out? Big congratulations on that pound lost -- just keep out of those germy M&Ms!

Melissa, that is so refreshing that you are doing well being settled into your in-laws' house. Families can be such a challenge sometimes. That must have been a real disappointment to learn about the radon, but better now than later, right?

Jacque, that's nice that you guys got to spend good birthday girl time. Workouts will always be there. I sure hope your son's ankle is okay.

Rhondalyn, have fun shopping in Louisville. It's a shame that you have so many stressful things going on that you can't really enjoy yourself. I hope it all gets resolved in your favor soon.

Linda, my hat is off to you for asserting yourself with the PT and getting him to do his job. I admire that. Have you thought about maybe your 18 points target being too low for you? Maybe that's why you're having trouble staying within that range and end up snacking more than you would like? I'm wondering if you bump it up a bit and are able to fill up more on some lean proteins that would help you control how you're reaching for those carbs. Just a thought. When you get your workout room finished, be sure to post pictures!

I had a busy but good day today between Torch Run work/awards dinner and workouts, etc. It was a good way to end my first full year of retirement. I posted on FB that I can't believe a year has passed, as of today -- it just doesn't seem possible. But it's great and I'm glad I took the plunge. My workout yesterday was a 3-mile treadmill run, which felt really good. Today I did CLX BC2, followed the hill interval work on the treadmill. Talk to you soon!

Good evening everyone! Sorry I didn't make it back for personals this morning.:confused: The clinic called this morning and said that my son does not have a fracture (whew) it's just a bad sprain. He has to stay off of it for a few days so he won't be playing in the game on Friday. In a way I'm kind of glad he's not playing. The game's in Coolidge which is 3 hours away. I wasn't looking forward to making that trip.:eek:

Rondalynn: Have a safe trip. I know how you feel having to travel out of town to shop. The nearest mall to me is in Tucson (about an hour and a half away). The only place in town we have to shop is Wally World.:(
Sorry to hear that you're stressed. I hope things get better for you soon. Happy birthday to your DM! Congratulations on your DB's undefeated season!

Nancy: That's great that you've been able to stick with your new diet. I don't think I could do one so restrictive. I wish I could though. I've been contemplating trying the South Beach diet. I have that book (and the
Atkins diet too) but haven't tried either one. I'm starting to get desperate though. I'll have to look into the one you said you're following. Between that and CLX you should have some great results!

Lacy: One thing we have a lot of here is Mexican food. I love Mexican food! (probably a little too much:eek:). Shopping for a new dress for the ball sounds like fun. You'll have to post pictures. :D

Lisa: So did you make a decision regarding the fitness center? I hope you fell in love with it.
I wish the weather here was colder. It's still in the 90's during the day. Weather forecast says it should start cooling down soon. It was just really windy today. Something about the wind puts me in a bad mood.:confused:
Have fun shopping. I love fall clothes!
I'm glad to hear you've been pain free!

Melissa: Sorry to hear that there's problems with your new house. I hope you get them resolved. I'm glad to hear though that you're settled in at your in-laws. Moving is not fun.

Linda: Sounds like you've been busy!:eek: With work, PT, moving your son, getting your WO room ready. I'm tired just reading about everything you're doing.:DI'm impressed that you were so assertive at PT. Sounds like you got your point across without being too hard. I wish I was more assertive. I feel like I'm too passive and let people get away with too much.:confused:

Today's workout was Plyo Legs (STS disc 35). I really like the Plyo Legs workouts! Eating was horrible today:eek:. All I can do is start again tomorrow and vow to make better choices.:(

tuesday

Hi Jacque, you wrote: Eating was horrible today . All I can do is start again tomorrow and vow to make better choices. I think we must live parallel lives! I think I should make that my motto today! Glad your son just has a sprain and not a fracture; it will give him time to rest the rest of his body. Also it will give you many extra hours for whatever you want, instead of driving!

Nancy: I think I do have to re-think the points. Actually I do eat more that my allotted 18-23 everyday(that's after I have subtracted activity points), but, if I hit those numbers, I can lose weight, and it is pretty hard for me to do!
Maybe I should fill up with the protein early on, so I don’t feel so hungry! The last 2 cardio workouts, during the middle of my workout, I just NEEDED food, and had to eat something. I got a kid’s Cliff bar, and that helped a lot! It’s nice you can dedicate your retirement time to your health!

I had time for a 45 minute cardio w/o today: Cathe's Step Works. I don't get to exhauted doing this one, and it's new for me, have only done the whole thing through once, so it's still fun and fresh!

Have a great day. I hope this font isn’t to hard to read, but, I think it is kind of fun to play with the fonts! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.