Cathe's workouts/or others and what eating plan helped you reach health goals?

gonnabea5

Cathlete
Okay, Ladies, the new year is approaching and I thought it would be a great time for us to share eating plans that went along with Cathe/or other workouts that have helped you reach or maintain your health/fitness goals. I know I could use some motivation, guidance and enlightenment. Maybe others will benefit, also.

Who's first?

While I generally eat very "clean" and never ate too much in the way of meat, as of Labor Day I went full blown vegan and am IN LOVE. It was a fairly easy switch for me - the hardest part is eating out - and since then I have lost 7 lbs that I wasn't trying or even needed to lose. I am super lean and am really just stoked at how it just happened. I also feel great ALL the time.

I did the PCRM 21-Day Vegan Kickstart to get started, and it was fabulous. The recipes that I tried were all really good, and REALLY easy (a must for me). They have another Kickstart planned for January - I highly recommend it. http://www.pcrm.org/kickstartHome/

That sounds intriguing. I was a vegetarian for 10 years and a vegan for the last two and then something in my brain just flipped. I've been on the omnivorous diet for the last ten years, but now I'm getting really tired of meat. I might go back maybe not to vegan but to a vegetable based diet. I do really well with plenty of avocado, walnut, and coconut oils. Oh, giving up dairy and wheat really helped me with my health but not so much with weight.

While I generally eat very "clean" and never ate too much in the way of meat, as of Labor Day I went full blown vegan and am IN LOVE. It was a fairly easy switch for me - the hardest part is eating out - and since then I have lost 7 lbs that I wasn't trying or even needed to lose. I am super lean and am really just stoked at how it just happened. I also feel great ALL the time.

I did the PCRM 21-Day Vegan Kickstart to get started, and it was fabulous. The recipes that I tried were all really good, and REALLY easy (a must for me). They have another Kickstart planned for January - I highly recommend it. http://www.pcrm.org/kickstartHome/

I really need to get back to eating this way, BF is a not so good influence, truth be told, he doesn't balk at the vegan entrees, some them he really likes. January is new soup, salad & smoothie month!

I had good results with S & H rotation followed by Pure Strength then CTX this year, for Jan. 2011, I'm thinking a 3-day-split pyramid....PS - GS - S & H - GS - PS over 5 weeks to kick off the new year...then something endurance based for length (think Bodymax 2, extra long premixes SS?, and others I haven't found yet...;)...) maybe building fron 60-70-80 minute routines?

New moves...squat turn thingies...pikes on the ball....etc...etc...etc...:D Imax 2 and ALL the GENIE HOPS!

Another vegan here. My DH and I started a strictly vegan diet last January. He lost about 10 lbs. fairly quickly and his cholesterol level dropped quite a bit. I also cut out almost all sugar and lost weight, but not as quickly as he did. MEN!:rolleyes:

I joined Weight Watchers 4 years ago and lost 40 pounds in 4 months. I have kept it off. They started a new program on Sunday that encourages healthier eating, more than before.
~~Debbie~~

I also am a fan of weight watchers!! Lost 25lbs three years ago and have kept it off. I am loving the new plan they created! Somehow my mind thinks i am eating more food the way the points are now. I am living that! It works for me. I love to eat! ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.