Cathe, please help with a "my koints are killing me" question

jdoll

Cathlete
Cathe,
First I want to say that i ADORE your workouts! Secondly, I am only 25, but since i started doing the videos, the joints on my right side are very sore all the time! (knees, ankles) i modify and don't do most of the jumping stuff. My DH has been teasing me saying that i should take Caltrate because i am loosing bone mass....not funny. But do you think calcium supplements would help with this? Or is this just typical when your body is getting acclimated to regular exercise? Thanks in advance!!

Jes ;-)

RE: Cathe, please help with a

I am not cathe but I want to answer to you. If you think you are losing bone mass go to you doctor.Two years ago I was overweight. When I started to exercise with my jane fonda videos I felt my body very tired. Your body have to take a few week to acclimated to regular exercise specially when you are overweight. I am fit now and I exercise 6 days a week( sometimes seven, I know the body needs a rest day)and the cathe workouts are intense for me. Sometimes I have to low the intensity. For example with all those jumps in IMAX 1.Hope this helps.

Mariángeles a spanish terminator junkie. :) :)

I am 25, and began regularly using Cathe's workouts less than a year ago. When I began, my knees were in so much pain I had to take rest days every other day. As time went on and my fitness level progressed, my body became more used to the stresses that exercise was placing on it. There are still some workouts that make my knees hurt a bit, such as Body Max and Imax 1. The newer tapes I find are much easier on the joints.

I'm not Cathe either.

However, I found that some of Cathe's workouts hurt me a lot a while back, and I finally found shoes that I can do her cardio in that don't hurt me.

I'm nearly 39, have flat feet, and I find if I do Cathe Cardio wearing Capezio dance sneakers, I feel no pain at all.

Maybe that's my problem (the shoes). I have been working out with Cathe for a couple of months, and didn't have any problems until recently. My hubby and I just went to Tennessee (we've been back about a week and a half) and rented a cabin at the top of the mountain. We had a hot tub on the deck and everything. Well, anyway, our cabin had a DVD player and a VCR, so I worked out while we were there. I also sat in the hot tub every night.

Now, I don't know if it was the pressure changes from going up and down the mountain, or the hot tub or what, but a few days after returning home, I noticed pain in my knees (especially my right knee). I can't tell if it's getting better or not, because I've decided to take the past week off from exercise, but it really bothered me.

But, enough of my problems:

If you are only experiencing pain in one knee, you might have a slight curvature in your spine. The only way to know is to go to a chiropractor and get x-rays and an examination. I have a little bitty curvature in my spine that, without chiropractic treatment, gets so aggravated that I can't even walk up a flight of stairs without excruciating pain in one of my knees. The curvature actually puts pressure on one side of your body by making one leg slightly longer than the other...thus, the reason for one knee getting sore. You might want to check it out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.