Cathe, my office thinks I'm nuts

Aquajock

Cathlete
I've gone around for three solid days now gibbering about the new Shock Cardio series to any poor hapless slob who crosses my path. Everything from "This is Invoice 66, may I help you?" to "Here the draft of that motion you needed, and did you know that the Shock Cardio is going to have THREE HIIT WORKOUTS? THREE?! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?"

I can only imagine what kind of drooling idiot I'll be once the series is in my hands and I've gutted my way through a workout or two.

And . . . I just thought of something: the mish-moshes. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, the mish-moshes.

Fall can't get here soon enough.

A-Jock

I've gone around for three solid days now gibbering about the new Shock Cardio series to any poor hapless slob who crosses my path. Everything from "This is Invoice 66, may I help you?" to "Here the draft of that motion you needed, and did you know that the Shock Cardio is going to have THREE HIIT WORKOUTS? THREE?! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?"

I can only imagine what kind of drooling idiot I'll be once the series is in my hands and I've gutted my way through a workout or two.

And . . . I just thought of something: the mish-moshes. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, the mish-moshes.

A-Jock

A-Jock...

Don't worry..it's the office, not you, who's nuts..you're perfectly normal. Take it from one who briefly stopped last minute plans for DW's 50th birthday party so he fly on to the computer and pre-order.

Nope, you are perfectly sane.

I got the original email as a twitter from Cathe on my cell - and I got all excited and was trying to explain my excitement to a friend and my kids - and they just didnt get it. I had to bribe my son to get off the computer before we went out to goto cathe's site so I could check out the details.

Like many others - I just read the first line or two and knew I was ordering. But waited until I got home - so ended up at #410 - BUT 2nd day shipping (learned that one a few preorders ago since I am on the West Coast)

I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!

They just dont understand... LOL...

my mom is all "you're going a bit overboard buying workout dvd's - youbuy everything she makes!"
i reply - "well, when your favorite singer comes ut with new music cd's or actress/actor/movies...you buy those"
i don't see how this is any different!
we love cathe!!!

my mom is all "you're going a bit overboard buying workout dvd's - youbuy everything she makes!"
i reply - "well, when your favorite singer comes ut with new music cd's or actress/actor/movies...you buy those"
i don't see how this is any different!
we love cathe!!!

I know!!! People who think nothing of dropping hundreds of dollars on a rock concert ticket and hundreds / thousands of dollars on season tickets to sports events, not to mention golf club fees and cable TV and video games and on and on and on look at us sideways when we talk about dropping $20.00 for another workout DVD. And these same people sit in their own self-made suet (literally) when they're cutting us the sidelong glance.

My own DH teases me but it's very affectionate teasing. He kinda likes it that his 47-plus-PLUS wife still shimmies into size zero jeans, and he's smart enough to know how that happens - a lotta work, with GOOD workouts.

A-Jock

My family and friends think I need "Shock" treatment!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

They are like, "Seriously you are this excited about a workout video you may not see until September"?????

YES,YES YES!!!!!!

ellie

I was very excited when i received the email. I absolutely love a good workout and Cathe always delivers! Her cardio workouts (and a few other instructors) I consistently come back to and don't grow tired of. Believe me, I have a dead workout box - full of DVD workouts that I have not done in over a year and none of Cathe's are in that box. For me her workouts have staying power! Over the years and after a lot of wasted money, I have learned to be very selective about what workout DVDs I buy. I always buy Cathe.

I'm lucky in that DH gets it too. I just ordered regular STS, and he keeps asking me, "Is it almost here yet?" He knows I relentlessly track my packages on UPS.

Speaking of, it's coming today. :eek: We both get up at the same time, and as we were lying in bed in the darkness, he said to me, "Today's the day!"

My 13 y/o understands, but she's a Cathe fan as well. I don't bother telling anyone else.

My mother said

to a friend on the phone, "She was soooo excited to get her birthday present. It was just fitness tapes." I did not get STS (fear of monster muscles strikes in the hearts of PCOS sufferers.:confused:) but I did get 4-DS and SJP/SB. I was all giddy:D on Monday when they arrived. Everything has been really tight financially (I have hardly anything to report on my tax return.:eek::() but I scrounged through jacket pockets for money to order Shock Cardio. :eek:

I mean, imagine it, 11 days of cardio. No repeats. Thats like two whole weeks. The rotations seem endless.:D

I'm with you, Lori. I don't share my STS excitement with anyone either, except DH. I feel they'd think I was a bit odd.
DH just smiles and shakes his head. I told him about the new workouts coming out and he asked me if I really needed more. I explained that it is no different than paying for an annual gym membership, which is what I did before we had children. He says all that, but he's actually happy that I've found an effective workout routine. He knows how much I struggled when there weren't enough hours in the day to get the the gym (working and 2 little boys). And another thing - he likes to do cathe's ab workouts with me. I believe he too will eventually give up his gym membership and join me in the basement. He's impressed with STS for sure.

sharon

My husband thinks I've lost my mind over my dedication to my Cathe workouts. I haven't even told him about SCS because I know that he would just shake his head and say that I've gone off the deep end. My coworkers just smile and shake their heads, although a few at least act interested. I don't think I've inspired anyone beside my younger sister to get hooked on Cathe. She preordered the SCS too.

Ah, these poor folks just don't know what they are missing.
~michelle

DH just gave me the look of "you mean you NEED another Cathe workout DVD?" But, he does like the results, wink, wink...

I am so touched

Hi Aquajock and all my other "shockies" out there :D

I have to be honest and say this is my first opportunity to get online since the presale announcement and really read questions and comment. HOLY HiiT.....This thread just inspired me to give deliver like no tomorrow. Yes, indeed, we are going to give your coworkers something to talk about :eek:

Thank you for your unbelievable support. I'm honored that you have put such trust in me and I can't wait to deliver the goods to you.

((((((((HUGS)))))))))...ouch, not too hard, my chest is still sore from Monday's workout :p

A-Jock

Last edited:
Whenever I tell my DH about a new Cathe item (DVD, gear, etc.), I tell him that I want to buy it by a certain date. He's so great that he just shakes his head and says, "Just get it now. Why wait for the inevitable?"

Yeah for my DH!!!:D

Aquajock, what have you done?

Hi Aquajock and all my other "shockies" out there :D

I have to be honest and say this is my first opportunity to get online since the presale announcement and really read questions and comment. HOLY HiiT.....This thread just inspired me to give deliver like no tomorrow. Yes, indeed, we are going to give your coworkers something to talk about :eek:

Thank you for your unbelievable support. I'm honored that you have put such trust in me and I can't wait to deliver the goods to you.

((((((((HUGS)))))))))...ouch, not too hard, my chest is still sore from Monday's workout :p

Well, now you've gone and done it! You inspired Cathe to "give/deliver like no tomorrow"?!??!!! Yikes!!! You'll be in Mish-Mosh heaven, and the rest of us will be 6-feet-under! I hope I live through this. (I'd put a wink in here, but I haven't figured out how). Except I am serious that I'll be dead--albeit lean and thoroughly tenderized--meat.

Elsie

Well, now you've gone and done it! You inspired Cathe to "give/deliver like no tomorrow"?!??!!! Yikes!!! You'll be in Mish-Mosh heaven, and the rest of us will be 6-feet-under! I hope I live through this. (I'd put a wink in here, but I haven't figured out how). Except I am serious that I'll be dead--albeit lean and thoroughly tenderized--meat.

Elsie

LOL! Good one.

I am with you... I love her videos I thought taebo was the way to go... NOPE... her excercises actually make you sweat and work like never before.. and they keep you guessing too... you just want to know what she will do next !

I have lost a couple of pounds... but I don't watch my diet as well... I definitely see muscle definition and strength benifts and my cardiovascular endurance has gone up!!

My co-workers think the same thing!! When I saw the forum about STS cardio I was ecstatic!!! My co-workers were like "we have never seen someone so excited about new workout DVD's" So I guess call me crazy because I am TOTALLY STOKED about the new DVD's. THANK CATHE!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.