Cathe Live: descriptions

FiddleFit

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I'm new to Cathe Live, and as I peruse through the previously filmed workouts, I'm finding it hard to determine which one is appropriate for my need that day. For example, I did All-Step (July, 2014) last night, thinking I was going to get a steady-state choreographed step routine, but it wound up being an early version of RWH Plyo HiiT #2! It was a great workout, I'm not complaining! However, my lower back was still fatigued from RWH LIHI Legs the night before, and a high-impact HiiT workout really wasn't what I needed. So, in order to prevent this from happening again, can people describe one or two of the workouts, for future reference? For example:

All-Step (July/14):

This all step routine begins with a warm up on a 6" step, leading into a choreographed step combo (the first combo in SJP step, actually) to make sure you're good and warmed up, before heading into 12 high-impact step blasts on an 8" step. The routine ends as it begins, with the same step combo to cool you down.

I'm curious about Kickboxing & Compound Weights - has anyone done that?

Thanks!
Sandra

Hi Sandra,
The below is what Cathe posted in this forum before the kickbox/compound weight class.

"Attention Cathe Live Subscribers: Tomorrow's Thursday Dec 4th class at 9:15am EST will be KICKBOXING AND COMPOUND WEIGHT TRAINING LIVE. You'll do kickboxing (first half), then some heavy bag boxing work followed by compound weight training. Equipment needed will be a pair of boxing gloves, a set of 10 pound hand weights and a fitness mat. See you ready to sweat!"

Well, that sounds like fun! And it sounds a lot like Hard Strikes. Does anyone know if that's an accurate statement?

Thank you, Jenn!

Well, that sounds like fun! And it sounds a lot like Hard Strikes. Does anyone know if that's an accurate statement?

Thank you, Jenn!
I'd say it is pretty accurate though the weighted exercises are more along the line of RWH Upper Body Circuit. Fun workout.

Sandra,

Jenn beat me to it, but I usually do what she does, which is to find the date of the archived class video that I'm interested in and search the Cathe Live part of the forum for the description Cathe provided for that class prior to teaching it. So far that has given me a good idea of what to expect. Sometimes I will also spend about 5 minutes and preview the archived workout beforehand, but I don't do that every time.

Lisa

I know Cathe's posted descriptions of most of them, I would just love to see them all in one place, instead of having to search all the time. As the library of workouts grows, it's going to get harder to find stuff. I also love hearing other Cathlete's perspective of the workouts - we speak a common language of "OMG, this is even harder than IMAX3!" or "It's like "Rockout Knockout, but Cathe is even more energetic!"

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm going to try the Kickboxing & Compound Weights routine on the weekend.

Cheers!

I just wish they would sell the workouts that are live!! I mean they don't have to put them on dvd until someone request that workout. Like I'd like to buy all the kickboxing ones, but I don't want to commit to a monthly thing. So I'd love to be able to order a live kickbox dvd from the site and they don't have to record it or put it on DVD till I order that way they don't have to make bunches and have them sitting around or what ever. They make what is ordered kind of like how they do the calendars.

We don' burn DVD's , instead they are made on replication machines at facilities that specialize in DVD replication. It's very costly and time consuming to author DVDs and to have them made and just not something that is economical to do in this case. Not to mention we already have 36 titles and more being produced every week which would far exceed our capabilities to store this amount of DVDs and our capabilities to author this many DVDs. You can't order just a few stamped DVD's and to get a good price you need to order several thousand of every title. Burning DVDs on request is just not something we're interested in doing nor do we feel it would be profitable to do so.

renee- how about 1 month subscription? There are enough workouts, and enough variety to do an entire month's live rotation?
I fancy trying that at some point.....better still, if cathe devises it. PLEASE, cathe ;-)

I would love to do it, only thing is I don't have room in my bedroom to exercise where my computer is. And I can't figure out how to get the workouts to play in the room I do exercise in. I am not very technical lol

I keep a file with all of the descriptions as well. I don't go back and make notes afterwards, though that's a great idea! I'm a few weeks behind on mine, but when I update it I can post a link to it here for others to share. (It's a Google Doc.)

Here's the link to my Google Doc, which lists the dates, workout names, descriptions, times, and equipment needed. These are the descriptions listed by Cathe before the workouts for the most part, so it's possible that the final workouts were a bit different. But hopefully it should still give you an idea of what to expect.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UVogVpyhL4cJEXGkVuNW3BxF6EFRbrbgW8SYZHSjA-A/edit?usp=sharing

Because this is a Google Doc, it will automatically stay updated as I enter in new entries. I will do my best to keep it up to date, but you know how things go....;) If you bookmark it, you should be able to access it from any browser. (Not sure about mobile browsers.) You should also be able to search for text (date, title, equipment) using ctrl-F. You can print it as well.

Feel free to post any comments or questions.

I wish they would put a couple of the whole workout in YouTube so that others who have not tried Cathe or who have not heard of her can finally take at least one class from her. Preferably one of the kickboxing ones cause I love that lol!! But you know what I mean? How a lot of people have a you tube channel they have maybe a few workouts that some people can try. Some may have only two and then if they like them it makes the people got to the web and buy more. So just thinking this will get more people to hear about Cathe and SEE what all the fuss is a bout. And if they stream one of her live workouts to YouTube that would be perfect to see how she does a class and maybe do a 30 minute version of a dvd on there just a thought.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.