Cathe-- Gym Style Training questions

wendyloo

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

Hope you had a great vacation, and that you aren't too overwhelmed with all the posts about the new series! Here's another:

I know it is early, but can you give us some details on what you THINK GST is going to be like, in terms of pace, weights, etc.? As heavy as S&H? As slow? Will there be enough material to make this a one-body-part-per-day workout??? **I know that things may change, but maybe you could give us some of your thoughts...

(And also wanted to add a vote for premixes! On all the Hardcore DVDs! )

Thanks,
Wendy

Hi Wendy! Yes, things can always change as we progress (but only to improve the workout). The pace will be somewhere between the pace of S&H and PS series. The reps will not feel rushed. The weights will be moderate to heavy (but leaning more towards heavy most of the time). Hope this helps.

Hi, Cathe -- As your undoubtedly very oldest exerciser and devotee, I am limited at to what tapes I can do -- steps, high impact, lunges, are definitely out for me. However, in addition to my aerobic treadmill work, I love your weight workouts -- I have DVD's of PH/MIS and my all-time favorite, which I do 3 times a week -- is PUB. I seldom did the VCR's of these videos but now that they are on DVD and chaptered so wonderfully,I have become a slave to them. I was therefore most disappointed to learn that the upcoming gym style workouts will be on 3 separate DVD's,as they sound exactly like what I am looking for but I know I will never do them on separate DVD's for the same reason I never did PH/MIS or S&H (which I am about to order) when they were on separate VCR tapes. Is there any chance at all that this decision might change and the new gym style workouts might come out on one DVD?

Thanks for any response, and for finally giving me weight workouts that I can do and that I enjoy so much!

Normandy

I would love that too!!!!!!!!! But if not I am wondering if I could record all 3 on VHS and then when I get a DVD recorder put them all on one DVD. Any more techie person know if that might work?

I ended up with a DVD-VCR combo, but when I was originally shoppping for a DVD recorder, I was told I could transfer my vcr tapes to dvd -- but of course you wouldn't get the wonderful chaptering in tapes like PUB, and the others. Even so, I would prefer that to 3 vcr's or 3 dvd's.

As far as having heard that Cathe had made a decision to put the gymstyle workouts on one DVD, I do wish we could get a reply from Cathe as to just what the status of this matter is.

PLEASE, CATHE??????

"I posted a few weeks ago and was told that the decison was made to put GST on 1 dvd. Is that incorrect?"

Hi Kimmy,

I think you may have misread the response. Is this the thread to which you're referring?

http://69.0.137.118/dc/dcboard.php?...ic_id=39446&mesg_id=39446&listing_type=search

When the respondant said "single DVD's", she meant each workout would be on it's own individual DVD, not that there would be one single DVD with all three workouts on it.

Hope that helps.

The PS series came in one DVD didn't it? It didn't have pre-mixes but it came in one DVD. S&H was also one DVD.

The PS and S&H series each came on one DVD. While they don't have premixes they are chaptered oh so nice so you can pick and choose the body parts you want to work. Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.