Cathe Gear Coming Soon!

How exciting! Goodness, as if I haven't already given SNM enough of my money in 2003! :p

I'd be most interested in fitness shorts/pants and bra tops. Personally I prefer tactel, lycra, or supplex or some blend of these -- cotton seems to not keep its shape and color as well with heavy use/cleaning, and seems to wear thin in embarrassing places after a while.

As for styles, I have been searching for years for a pair of long, bootcut flare workout pants in black or dark gray with a contrasting roll-top waist, so I'd love to see something along those lines. I maybe could have carried off the hipster style pants before kids, but not any more! :p I don't care for drawstrings on fitness pants/shorts because the string always seems to work its way out of the pants in the wash and I never know where to put the bow (if you stuff it in the pants, it makes an awkward bulge, but if you leave it hanging out it doesn't look right either). I tend to like basic darker colors with bright contrasting color accents, although I can't wear long pants with side stripes (they make my rear end look enormous! :eek: ).

Hope you'll consider doing bra tops and/or long tops too!

Tops for those "larger on top"

Hi Cathe! Glad to hear this news. I am a nursing mother and would love for you to have some tops that we can wear with our supportive bras. I guess I mean that "strappy" tops are no longer an option for me with your workouts!

What about maternity anything? This is such an underserved market as far as practical pricing!

Thanks!

jeni

This is so cool! My husband will crack up when I tell him because he knows I'll have to have SOMETHING that says "Cathe"! Ya know I'm gonna buy, but since I'm here and you asked...

Baby doll: cap sleeved and to the hip--my stretch marks come up to the navel!

Shorts: short, like what you're wearing in the new series. I like drawstring, but it doesn't seem to popular. However, wider elastic waistbands are much more comfy than thin ones.

Pants: Bootcut, definately black.

Long-sleeve: fitted rather than loose, scoop neck.

Colors: Dark shorts/pants, and nearly any color for the tops with a touch of the dark color so that the tops and bottoms match.

Now I've got another reason to obessively check this site!
God Bless,
CinDee

I tried to edit but I guess I waited too long. After consideration I think the baby doll tee length would be better longer and at hip length. Not sure what I was thinking before.

I was reading and someone had posted about a sleveless top. I would love to have a muscle type shirt with a Cathe logo. :)

For the sake of quality and economics, I hope you will consider using "Made in USA" items. Did you know that the entire NIKE workforce in Indonesia makes less money in a whole year than Michael Jordan gets for one commercial? I would gladly pay extra and I feel it would be in keeping with your high quality standards.

--Ann

My biggest problem in buying fitness gear is always pant length, so please don't forget the petite! But not too short, some petites are even too short for me at 5'1-1/2". The length of Cathe's pants in Power Hour, for example, are perfect.

The style of pants I like are form fitting, boot leg, again the style used in Power Hour, Rhythmic Step, and S&H series. I would also like straight leg loose fitting sweat pants/casual pants to wear when not working out. I do not like hipsters. I do not like pockets or drawstrings.

Also, my favorite top would probably be one inch below the naval (to hide that extra skin from pregnancy), but not all the way to the hip.

I do like more tailored tops than oversized or loose fitting. I don't have a strong opinion on necklines.

Thanks for asking! Looking forward to seeing your new line. I like your taste in what you wear in all your videos...! Lynn.

Anna - I love how you said you would look "daft in the bootleg pants", that cracked me up. That's how I feel about me in those same pants!!! My saddlebags & butt are so bit I couldn't even imagine trying a style like that on! Eewwww!! OH, to look even decent in those pants.

I like the word "daft", it's cute!! I can tell you're in England (reminds me of Hugh Grant :))

Sorry, but I had to say it!!
Kathy

I would love the tank top you wore to class! The black one that went to hip bone with the Cathe logo(very hip) The baby doll tops an inch above the navel,v neck or boat neck (white, misty gray,yellow or black)Fitness shorts-roll down (white,gray,yellow,or black) Sweatpants boot cut leg-lycra(misty gray,black)(maybe stripes on the side?)Long sleeve mock or v neck fitted! Thanks for asking for our input!

How exciting. "Cathe" is a name I'll be proud to wear. Can you just imagine people saying, "Who are you wearing?" CATHE, of course.

Being from chilly San Francisco, I am into long-sleeved shirts - but with a scoop neck. And I love fleece.

Caroline Knorr

BABY DOLL TOPS: V-nick is flattering. Sleeveless or cap sleeves please. no midriff showing , thank you! pastel colors are great!

PANTS: in petite and other lengths too,please. black and navy and grey

LONG SLEEVE TOP: fitted but not too tight. not fond of mock neck IMHO

SHORTS: different varieties, but I like the one "looser" pair that one of the gals wears in the intensity series

Judy

May God you always a sunbeam to warm you... a moonbeam to charm you...& a sheltering angel, so nothing can harm you :):7 :7

Thank you!!! Oh, this is exciting!

baby doll tops= hip bone no exposure

fitness shorts= drawstring, hipster style, cotton, colors (red, gray, blue, black, i love the colors of the tops in S&H and the new intensity series)

sweatpants= yoga style and / or boot cut leg, loose or form fit okay, draw string, no tight elastic. colors as mentioned above with some neutrals (black, light gray,dark gray, dark blue, etc), cotton

long sleeved shirts= cotton or lycra, crew neckline (neutral colors and colors seen in S&H and Intensity series)

Thanks so much for allowing the forum to have this input. :)

Regards,
Jen Hazen

I like the baby doll tops with smaller sleeves (cap) and like hip bone length but would like longer tank tops. I would also like to see lycra instead of cotton for the pants(which does not wick the sweat off as well). I wear petite in pants but capri also work out well for me and like darker colors for pants because of the sweat again. It is less visible on darker colors. I also like sweat bands and draw string pants (My stomach is in the best condition it has ever been in and I find elastic waistbands torture - breathing in a spin class is more difficult unless I wear drawstring pants). I want the mug too!
Again thanks for asking.

:) Hi Cathe, The gear sounds wonderful, I need some new workout clothing so I will wait to buy so I can see what you come up with.

Make the workout shorts very short. I would like both long and short sleeve shirts, I am not picky on color. but what I am picky about is cotton. I hate workout clothing that contains cotton. I love the new types of breatheable fabrics.

Thanks for asking,
Cindy

Hi Cathe, I am so excited to hear the good news. Okay, here is my opinion.
Baby Doll Tops inch below the navel, short sleeve, purple
Fitness Shorts short approx. 10" from waist with wide band hipster style, cotton, black/grey
Sweatpants boot cut,form fit, elastic&drawstring,cotton
black
Okay, that's my 2 cents. Thank you:)

Capped sleeve T-shirt/ black, with your orange signature name or vice a versa, no skin showing,length to hip bone. Cotton and maybe lycra material.

How about stuff in the same line as tops and pants you would select for your videos? We love the pants you usually chose and the bra tops... so stuff that looks like that. I think the picture you used for the intensity series with you doing the bicep curl ( the box cover for the set ) would make an excellent key chain and mug.

Shorts...I think Nike has some awesome shorts now. Really short stuff. SHORT shorts.

T-shirts...baby tees,v-neck tees,slightly above the bellybutton or at bellybutton...Too bad the slogan "BUFF CHICKS" is already taken. I thought that was a really cool T-shirt slog.

Sporty cool tight stuff!!!

The workout log is an excellent idea!

Posters...like Karen Voight offers but cooler...more strength oriented...once again like your intensity series box set cover. Stuff that'll inspire us to want muscles!!! Also like the leg press pic from Pyramid lower body...that was NICE!!! So we can hang them in exercise rooms.

You know what would be kind of cute...(don't laugh!)workout gloves with "Cathe" on them. Cute little merchandise stuff. ( To go with the waterbottle)
:9

Cathe,

I amm so excited you are launching this I am for the tops to be an inch above the navel put it this way - I will order whatever you have you can count on that

I can hardly wait this is so exciting.

I hope you have your logo on them, I will be proud to wear them

Cheryl

I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SCOOP NECK/CAP SLEEVES FOR WINTER AND MORE OF A (not really halter), BUT THAT TYPE OF A GRADUATION FROM THE SHOULDER IN TOWARDS THE NECK FOR SUMMER, THAT WAY YOU CAN REALLY SEE THE DEFINITION OF THE SHOULDER AREA. FOR PANTS: I HAVE SOME HOTSKINS "HIP PANTS" THAT HIT JUST BELOW THE WAIST AND HAVE THIS BAND OF COLOR BELOW THE WAIST AND I THINK THEY ARE AWESOME, VERY FLATTERING! THE PANTS THAT HIT RIGHT AT THE WAIST AND ARE TIGHT DIG INTO YOUR SKIN. I PREFER A DARK BACKGROUND COLOR WITH A SLASH OF A BOLD COLOR SOMEWHERE. I LIKE TOPS THAT HIT AT THE HIP LEVEL AND ARE SOMEWHAT FITTING BUT NOT DEAD TIGHT.

Hi Cathe!! Wow, I can't wait to see this stuff!! I have a suggestion for one more item to do. Coozies! Am I spelling that right? You know, the foam thing you put around a pop can or water bottle and it helps to keep it cold??

As for the baby doll tops- 1 in above the navel. Black, white, yellow.

shorts- roll down, lycra, black, white yellow.

sweatpants- tapered leg, between loose and form fit, elastic waistband, grey, black, white.

shirts- form fitting, but not super tight, v neck, black, yellow, white.

What will the coffee mugs and keychains look like??

Thanks!!
Aimee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.