Cathe~fun thread

getnfit@39

Cathlete
Okay~I got this idea from over at VF, but I thought we could apply it to Cathe workouts.

What "Cathe" moves are NOW easy/automatic, but use to be difficult for you?

Mine:

-flying angels (don't ask me why I made them so hard?)

-box lunges (it was a mind over matter thing!)

-grapevine down the step (ugh! I tripped forever doing this one!)

-ALL of All Step! (I was a mess with this workout!)

-quick taps from Imax 2 (I was pathetic with this move!)

-the "over, face in, over" move (tripped more times than I can count!)

I'm so sure I'm forgetting several more, I'll be reminded as this thread continues! :)

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

Oh my Gosh! That is SO funny, Donna. Those are EXACTLY the same ones I found SO hard! (Except for All Step - I just bought CTX and haven't tried All Step yet!)

I remember when I first got Step Heat, I kept rewinding, rewinding, rewinding, I was so frustrated! Now I can do Rythmic Step! It's amazing how a little practice changes everything! Last night I tried Power Circuit for the first time (I admit I just popped it in without previewing) I was able to do almost everything! I was really proud of myself! I was SUCH a klutz just 9 months ago!

Well, a long time ago....my problem was the 360's and transition move in Power Max. I would get all tangled up! Now, that is one of my most favorite. I also had trouble with the third segment of Rhythmic Step where you do: step knee, step kick, step heel, straddle, step in-sole, and back up on the step.

Over-face in-over was the one that got me! Also the full circle turn when crossing the board the long way (its in step works) There is one more that I can't remember the name of, it is like the tap hop repeater but a little different. It is in either IMAX2 or C&W!-joy

Just had to comment on one of Donna's difficult moves...the first time I heard Cathe say "box lunges" I thought she said "boxed lunches", so even now, when she calls for that move, I start thinking about food.

TOTALLY the boxed lunges, over face in over (WHA??? was what I used to think) The shuffle from RS, and the piece de resistance, the quick taps from IMAX2. I still have to count when I do them and I fell off the step and landed on the floor sitting cross legged once doing that one!! Soooo graceful ;)

For me I would definately have to say "Around the World" from Power Max. I tried it for about two weeks until I finally got it down, I kept ending up on the wrong side of the step.

RunCrazy and I could be twins! The 360's in Power Max were starting to make me Mad! One day I just kept rewinding and rewinding, determined to figure out just what is Going on Here!! Now I say...'bring it on!' LOL and that step knee step kick thing in Rythmic Step I finally got that, but the move right after that, before the side lunge...still haven't got it quite right. But I'm still moving and I somehow land up in the right place, facing the right direction...so...LOL I've been doing Rythmic Step ever since it came out and I still cannot get through it perfectly with no mistakes. Yet I love that video. Go figure! :D

>Well, a long time ago....my problem was the 360's and
>transition move in Power Max. I would get all tangled up!
>Now, that is one of my most favorite. I also had trouble with
>the third segment of Rhythmic Step where you do: step knee,
>step kick, step heel, straddle, step in-sole, and back up on
>the step.

Wahhhhh - I still can't get that last part - step insole and back up on the step. I've made up my own move to get me in the right place for the off-the-side squats which come next!

>RunCrazy and I could be twins! The 360's in Power Max were
>starting to make me Mad! One day I just kept rewinding and
>rewinding, determined to figure out just what is Going on
>Here!! Now I say...'bring it on!' LOL and that step knee
>step kick thing in Rythmic Step I finally got that, but the
>move right after that, before the side lunge...still haven't
>got it quite right. But I'm still moving and I somehow land
>up in the right place, facing the right direction...so...LOL
>I've been doing Rythmic Step ever since it came out and I
>still cannot get through it perfectly with no mistakes. Yet I
>love that video. Go figure! :D

Too funny - I just answered the exact same thing!
I still don't get it!

For whatever reason, the hardest tape for me to nail down was Step Works. The toughest move for me was the figure 8; I could not get it - I rewound, I used slow motion, I mirrored - it was nuts!

Now it is so easy I can't understand what the problem was!

Also in Step Works, the shuffle, pivot, A-Step combo. I could never figure out which foot she was leading with.

It's fun to look back at how far we've come and to be able to pick up the new tapes right away!

Take care!
Mikie

>For whatever reason, the hardest tape for me to nail down was
>Step Works. The toughest move for me was the figure 8; I
>could not get it - I rewound, I used slow motion, I mirrored -
>it was nuts!
>
>Now it is so easy I can't understand what the problem was!
>
>Also in Step Works, the shuffle, pivot, A-Step combo. I could
>never figure out which foot she was leading with.
>
>It's fun to look back at how far we've come and to be able to
>pick up the new tapes right away!
>
>Take care!
>Mikie

Luckily for me I have my co-ordinated sister Mikie to teach me the moves, but the one that eluded me for the longest was the 360, I am glad to see I am not alone. I can't begin to describe how excited I was when one day, it just "clicked"!

Hi Donna!

For me...

1. Flying Angels
2. 360's
3. grapevines across the step
4. the last segment in Rhythmic Step (especially the shuffle around the step and then shuffle across...I could never figure out which leg to use shuffling around the step)
5. anything where you have to turn around and have your back to the tv! YIKES!

These are no problem for me now.

For me it was the 'double grapevines'. I just kept tripping over myself. When I finally it down, I couldn't figure out why I ever thought it was so hard.

For me it was and sort of still is the 360's from Power Max. I just did this tape yesterday after not doing it for a while. There were several times I was on the wrong side of the step with my back facing the TV. :eek: I remember I used to be able to do these with no problem.

But isn't that what's great about a Cathe workout.;-) You can dig up and old one that you figure should be easy and there is always some move that throws you for a loop x( and it is always more challenging that you remembered! :D

Donna

I'm sure you will all laugh at me, but the one thing that eluded me for *years*, not just weeks or months, was the basketball corner to corner in Body Max. Silly, huh? I could not for the life of me make the transition from facing the TV to facing the back wall and end up on the right leg. It was ridiculous. I had finally given up and just started going along with whatever I could do... THEN, one day, I just did it. The correct turn just hit me, and I realized what I needed to do! I wasn't trying, wasn't caring, and now I can do it just fine, and I'll tell you, it makes the whole workout more enjoyable knowing I'm doing it correctly (that must be my Type A personality come out :) )

Sara

Yeah there's hope for me yet! I have trouble with anything that has to do with moves. Glad to read you all had trouble with them at first, too. I'm encouraged!

Take care all!
Vickie

Mikie..............

OMG! I didn't mention the "figure 8's" because I didn't want everyone to think I was a total moron! But they gave me so much trouble at first too! I don't know why, but if I turned the wrong way I was lost in it every time!
And that move in Step Works took me FOREVER to get down! FOREVER! I would actually see Cathe doing it in my sleep and still couldn't do that move!

Donna

Oh yeah, straddle moves and any move where you have to use both sides of the step were probably the first moves I had to overcome! I remember the first time I successfully did an "around the world," you would have thought I discovered some major medical cure or something! And looking back I feel so stupid cause "around the world" isn't even complex when you're talking Cathe! Funny how you think something is sooooo difficult until you get it huh?

Donna

How 'bout some endurance/strength moves....

THOSE LOW ENDS! I thought they would kill me when I first started doing Cathe. I couldn't even use weights--not even 3 lb dumbbells--to do them. Now, they are still hard but I can do them with 8 lb weights!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.