Cathe, do you do the "real stuff" or the artificial?

I am a Splenda/Equal user. I try to alternate between the 2. And I've cut down on the Equal in my coffee.

But this thread has inspired me to try other, perhaps 'safer' , products.

I bought some Agave Nectar today, and has 1 TSP in my tea! it was great!...it is so sweet, and you don't need much!

Thanks for the information everyone!

I found the organic one next to the syrups (pancake, etc) in my local grocery store. i was surprised it was there! Kind of expensive, but I only need 1 tsp, so it will last a while!

I'm a big Splenda user, but would prefer to use something more wholesome. Does anyone use the Agave Nectar in coffee? How does that taste?

Agave nectar is soooo good! It has a mild sweetness to it. But it's not calorie free. Just be aware of that. I would like to try some Stevia that doesn't have a bad aftertaste. The one I have is powdered and comes in individual packets. Bad aftertaste. Can anyone recommend a brand that does not have a bad aftertaste?

Stevita stevia has no after taste I use it in my coffee every day and my son loves it in his cereal, it cost about $15 for a 16oz jar from Vitacost.com.

Stevia's taste

I am not Cathe but I have been using Stevia for the past several years. It is an all natural extract from a plant and the great thing about it is it does not raise your blood sugar levels. You can find it at most grocery stores now in the health food section. It comes in liquid or powder form and is VERY concentrated so you do not need much at all.

Does Stevia taste like aspartame or Splenda, etc?

Does it have that yucky taste like Diet Pepsi or Coke?

I can't stand artificial sweetners, but am looking for something without cane sugar including turbinado (sic) sugar.

Thanks! This is a great post thread!

Agave nectar is soooo good! It has a mild sweetness to it. But it's not calorie free. Just be aware of that. I would like to try some Stevia that doesn't have a bad aftertaste. The one I have is powdered and comes in individual packets. Bad aftertaste. Can anyone recommend a brand that does not have a bad aftertaste?

I just tried "Truvia" which is available in most grocery stores now. It's expensive though ($6.99 for 80 packets) but I only needed one for my coffee (and I usually use two Splenda packets). There was zero aftertaste and it had a nice sweetness to it that Splenda is missing.

HTH,
Kathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.