cast out of shape !!!!

Kathryn - that's what I thought they must have meant at first too, but then they say "the cast of the Classic Firm tapes remain fit". So I assume she's saying that Cathe's cast AREN'T fit.

I have to comment. I was pleasantly surprised when I first started with Cathe not only because of her challenging and well thought out workouts, but because of how great she and her crew looked. Cathe, of course, looks amazing as does her crew. I was elated to see many shapes of women represented and they all looked fit in their own way(they weren't all really skinny robot looking/acting people).
Just like in REAL LIFE, some of her crew are larger than others, and I think that is wonderful. It sets a great example for women that they can look great, be fit and strong, and still look like women (NOT robots!!}( )
Carolyn

If I had bodies like Cathe or any of her crew, comments like these would not faze me in the least. Can you just imagine the self-confidence these lady possess? I know that I am striving to be the best that I can be and I like myself for the most part and am working hard to change the parts I don't like, so comments like these would have no effect on me. My sister, I love her to death, but she is overweight and doesn't take care of herself and criticizes me for "overdoing it". She even sent me an e-mail recently of obviously touched-up photos of some very "muscled up" women and the title of the e-mail was "Why I'm afraid of exercise". My self-confidence is pretty healthy and getting healthier by the day, I doubt that Cathe or her crew give things like this a second thought.

Are any of the crew from Classic Firms even in the newer DVD's? I am just wondering how they know they are still in shape?

Honestly, I think people who make asinine comments like that just CAN'T get through a Cathe workout and therefore feel that they need to give some stupid reason why they don't like her. I guess that feels more powerful than saying, "I'm a wimp."

Cheers,
Marie

Most of those negative people just don't want to admit there is somewhere to advance beyond the Firm. I think it bothers them that people who do Cathe workouts find the Firm too easy, as if the Firm is the most challenging workout in the world and you shouldn't need anything harder. But that's just their own insecurity showing...

Lori

>Honestly, I think people who make asinine comments like that
>just CAN'T get through a Cathe workout and therefore feel that
>they need to give some stupid reason why they don't like her.
>I guess that feels more powerful than saying, "I'm a wimp."
>
>Cheers,
>Marie
>

DITTO!!!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/haydee1

Haydee

Here's what I find so interesting. Every now and again a new round of Cathe-bashing begins on one forum or another. I would speculate that none of us are really the type to go bashing other instructors (tho we may speak of those who annoy us), but for some reason Cathe is a target. I think it's because she's at the top - and we all know that. That's another reason we all take it so personally. It is personal - we know Cathe. She's right here with us on her forums (not charging us money to simply talk), she answers our questions, we've met and worked out with her, and come to know - and love - her crew. The "crew" with the Firm changes on almost every new set of workouts (and I'm an old firmie as well), so there really is no personalization - but that's ok - because we know that we are absolutely the luckiest workout women in the world. We work out with the best.

Lorrie

I'm HAPPY they don't like Cathe - more videos for me!!!!! *rubs hands together eagerly*

Seriously - I would like some of the firmies to look as good as ANY member of the Cathe Crew after BootCamp, MIC, or IMax3. I know for sure I do not. And I will take looking like ANY of the crew from Cathe's videos (except the men - they're good looking, but not what I want to be LOL) over looking like a recycled barbie doll.

*retracts claws*

I was reading some of the ladies comments on collague and I read alot of people talking about how bad they thought her cueing was. I have never had a problem about their cueing. Cathy is very good at breaking stuff down in order to make you get the combinations. She even repeats it over and over again. I being a old firmie, did not see where there was alot of hard choreography to even have an instructor to do any cueing!

I'm not bashing the firm because I used to love them, but Cathe is about as far as a exerciser could go!

I really need not to get into all of this!

kim

They could not have been serious. Just when I think Cathe & Co. don't have any room for improvement they still seem to be more buff with every workout series.

Jo

Pleeeeease "supreme being of fitness"...make me as out of shape as any one of Cathe's crew. Pleeeeease oh Pleeeease. x(

Ok, my mom and I have done Firm videos for like ever and recently we discovered Cathe. All I can say is that I have absolutely no desire to do the Firm anymore!! I've converted over. They're so boring compared to Cathe's, and that notion about Cathe not being in shape is ludacris! She's like my idol. I have actually seen pictures of Susan Harris lately and she looks good for her age but Cathe blows her out of the water!!

Marci

That is jealousy, plain & simple. The people who are ripping on Cathe & her beautiful cast are the ones who CANNOT get through a Cathe workout because they are so used to doing the Firm workouts, which aren't a workout unless you're a beginner. Those of us who know what a Cathe workout can do are believers!!

:D :D :D :D

Yes there is one- Pam. She was in the Lower Body Split (blond, curly hair, which is from a different classic one- maybe firm strength? the one that went with firm cardio), which is a classic, then moved away and came back on BSS 3- she leads Express Total Body Shaping. She's also in BSS 4 but I didn't buy that one so I'm not sure. I did read somewhere that in BSS 3 she looked too lean and looked more normal in BSS 4.

More normal looks like breast augmentation to me. Look at her in strong body (aka firm strength) and in BSS3 - then look at her in BSS 4. Pretty dramatic - I'm not saying that's bad - it just is. Also, from what I understand - most of the old firm crew had BA surgery. How do I know? Here's how -

My friend had BA surgery about a year ago, and at that time we were both avid firmies. Our favorite instructor was Tracie Long and we discovered she had just recently opened her own "V" gym in Charleston, SC. While recuperating, my friend called down to V as we were going to try to plan a workout trip. She ended up talking to Tracie for about half an hour about numerous things, including the surgery. It was Tracie who indicated that most of the original firm instructors and cast shared that beauty secret. It just makes you wonder how much of that being "in shape for the camera" is natural or surgically enhanced.

Lorrie

>That is jealousy, plain & simple. The people who are ripping
>on Cathe & her beautiful cast are the ones who CANNOT get
>through a Cathe workout because they are so used to doing the
>Firm workouts, which aren't a workout unless you're a
>beginner. Those of us who know what a Cathe workout can do
>are believers!!
>
>:D :D :D :D

Well said!!!! I concur completely.

Tammy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.