cast out of shape !!!!

RE: Hey Marla!

I think this comment has gotta be by someone young, who has not yet been challenged by the various things life brings to women. We go through pregnancy, birth, and recovery. Along with the monthly pms, and later menopause. Not to mention all the emotional rollar coasters life brings and within in all of that we need to stay healthy and for some of us that is a food challenge and for others it's an aerobic/excercise challenge. I appreciate Cathe's approach over the years to included many different types of bodies in her crew, telling us that women can be athletic and not only look like women in fitness magazines.
Heather

>Shelly,
>
>I am totally with you. If Lorraine is out of shape please
>lord give me her body. I would almost kill for those abs.
>Please I think the crew looks better with each new dvd. Those
>people must be on crack.
>
>:) }(

Please God if they are out of shape I want to be like that too!!!

Kim

It's been my experience in life that when people are critical of others they are very jealous. This comment is crazy. Cathe's crew is in tip top shape. They have amazing endurance. They look great on tape but unreal in person. I think it's a shame that you have to be critical of another fitness personality. I have many dvds/tapes of very different people. I like to pick out their strong points. I do not like to be critical unless I feel that someone is doing something unsafe. I can even be positive about Denise Austin. She is energetic(OK maybe too much). She has helped a lot of people. Some couch potatoes need her energy to help them get up and move. She is not my cup of tea but I won't put her down. Cathe is exceptional at what she does. She is at the top of her game. You know what they say; Everyone wants to bring you down when your at the top. Well good luck. She's not cominig down anytime soon. She keeps climbing higher!!:)

When Cathe comes out with a new video, does she hire fitness models to pose on the cover who have never done her videos? (FIRM Parts series)

How many Cathe crew members have "split" from their leader and started their own enterprises?

I find it refreshing to see real people working their a**es off...sweating through their clothes and grimacing when things get tough.

I used to own every single FIRM video known to mankind (even those "white cover" ones they never officially sold to the public), and DID every single one I owned MULTIPLE times.

I SOLD THEM ALL on eBay to pay for attending Cathe's road trip. It was the best thing I ever did.

From MY experience, Cathe's are much tougher and much more challenging overall than ANY of the FIRM's many titles.

If all you care about is looking at pretty girls, pick up a fashion magazine.

If you want to work out, do a Cathe video.

I'm sorry...but there's just nothing to argue about here.

}( Meecher (sorry...I couldn't help myself...)

>I KNOW that Cathe is much much more advanced than the Firm. I
>keep my old Firms around for the purpose of having an easier
>workout when it's called for.

Don't get me wrong here. I LOVE Cathe! I do her regularly and I think her workouts are tough and effective. However... I completely disagree that the Firm Classics are easier. Do you do them with heavy weights? Do you use 5 lb ankle weights and a 10 lb dumbbell for resistance on the floorwork in Volumes 1 and 2? If you do, I don't understand coming to the conclusion that the Classics are easier. They are different than Cathe, and that is what makes them both great! They are two different types of workouts, but both very effective in their own way! :)

As for the Cathe bashing... why does it bother anybody what other people say? It's their opinion, right or wrong. I refuse to let someone else's comments affect me. I love Cathe and I will continue to do her workouts no matter what. If someone else thinks her crew is "out of shape", that's fine. We know they are not, and we know the secret to getting in shape! Just laugh at their ignorance and go on your merry way! :D

I still do firms also and enjoy them.They are what you make of them which can be true of cathe workouts also.I know what I have to do to get a killer workout and I apply that knowledge to my workouts.I know I have to use more wt than they do in the firm and cathe workouts for me to be worked out.I made the mistake of selling all my firm also because I was to advanced for them.I have since then bought them all back and picked crow out of my teeth;-) they slay me everytime and work my butt area like no cathe workout does.I think a truly advanced exerciser can take any workout and make it work for them if vol1 classic doesn't hurt your butt you must have one made out of iron:eek: I love both the firm and cathe as well as many others and enjoy them so much and glad I can have such a variety of workouts -faces -and body types.I really think the topic should have been left on the other board and not brought here.Cathe and here crew are in amazing shape maybe muscles don't appeal to that person as they don't with alot of people.But I love muscle and would take as much as I could.But when I was doing the firm all the time I thought they had to much muscle didn't like muscles at the time(very young)The firm cast all have great shape also.

I have read some really wild stuff on the collage boards. Boggles the mind sometimes.

In the defense of Cathe and the Firm, both groups of leads and cast are in great shape. I don't think there is room for insult on either side. Sometimes, I wonder where peoples heads are when they speak.

>I have read some really wild stuff on the collage boards.
>Boggles the mind sometimes.
>
>In the defense of Cathe and the Firm, both groups of leads and
>cast are in great shape. I don't think there is room for
>insult on either side. Sometimes, I wonder where peoples
>heads are when they speak.

I think I know where their heads might be ... but I shouldn't say so ... }( it wouldn't be ladylike ... :D

I agree both Cathe and her crew and the leads of the Firm are in GREAT shape. It takes energy to talk and teach and workout at the same time. They're not filming these in their homes or outside in the fresh air. These are studios with hot lights. I'm sure there are more rehearsals than we can imagine. There are takes to get it right. Someone has to choreograph it, do it a million times to make sure it flows correctly, put it on a teleprompter, and then the lead has to walk and talk and lift a dumbbell or two at the same time, all while smiling and laughing and encouraging and being sincere. It looks like very hard work and I respect and admire EVERYONE who makes a workout video. It's very special, IMHO, and deserves respect.

Carol
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.