Carnie Wilson annoys me

Govtgirl

Cathlete
Remember, that singer that weighed over 300 pounds, had a bypass and lost over 150 of it, had full-body cosmetic surgery, posed in Playboy, and now has gained over half of it back? Well, now she's moaning again, for a buck of course. You'd have to buy the whole People magazine to get the full extent of her whining, but here's a snippet:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20343531,00.html

Before anybody says I'm being mean and don't understand the plight of the overweight, even her husband said she doesn't take responsibility for her weight.

She was on Oprah and Dr. Oz said she was morbidly obese: she denies that description. Oz told her she had to walk at least 10,000 steps a day, and she said "that's too much, I only want to do 7,000". She says when her personal trainer makes her work too hard, she cries. She says she hates to work out and would rather sit all day and eat muffins. Well, duh, no wonder she can't lose weight.

Yeesh, that attitude just makes me want to reach out and slap her. I know that I have to work to keep my weight down, and I don't always want to exercise but I realize the necessity of it.

And of course, she has the stomach the size of a thumb, so how in the world did she gain all that back? She had to work harder to force food into her stomach, than the work to keep the weight off.

I would love for that 72-year old woman that someone posted from YouTube, the one with the killer body and attitude to match, to meet up with her!

Last edited:
I totally agree; her attitude is absolutely terrible! If you don't put your all into anything and try for success, you won't find it. I remember when she was on Celebrity Fit Club and I couldn't watch it because her whining annoyed the poop out of me. I think she also has a new show (big shock) and she was moaning & groaning in the previews.

She seems to think the only way to get attention is to have weight issues. How boring to just maintain your weight and not have anybody watching you. Geesh. What happened to her singing. Weight loss/gain should not be a way to make a living. (she and Kirstie Alley need to do a show together - can you imagine that mess?)

I hope nobody mistakes my comment for lack of compassion for people struggling with their weight. I have several family members who truly struggle and would love to have the kind of support and resources these ladies get - and there would be no whining involved.

I agree that she's annoying. I think she and Kirstie Alley are two peas in a pod.

What makes me crazy is that both of them keep making money off of their weight yo-yoing. I wish the public would just stop paying attention to them. It's like they get rewarded for all the weight drama.

And of course, she has the stomach the size of a thumb, so how in the world did she gain all that back? She had to work harder to force food into her stomach, than the work to keep the weight off.

The problem with gastric bypass is that it is only a two year solution, after that most people put it back on. Thats what they tell us at Kaiser.

But, I completely understand your annoyance!

Yup - her, Kirstie Allie and the Judd woman. It's never going to be easy, so just accept that and get on with it. If you want to sit and eat muffins, you can't complain about being fat. That's like walking in traffic and complaining when you get hit. sigh.

My annoyance is tempered (a little) with understanding: I also would like to sit around eating muffins, at least sometimes.

HOWEVER. I don't sit around eating muffins, or whining about the absence of muffin-eating lazy time, because I want to be healthy, fit and active. I'd be fine with someone saying, "Sure, I'd love to be in really really good shape, but right now I just like eating muffins more. I made my choice," but I'm sick of people saying, "Personal Trainer, figure out a way for me to look good without exercising or giving up my 17 daily chocolate-cream cheese muffins (or whatever)" and then complaining constantly about how impossible it is.

It's NOT impossible. It's not always easy, but it is very straightforward -eat intelligently, stay active...barring health complications, anyone can do this. Muffins are not an insurmountable problem. Sheesh.

Yup - her, Kirstie Allie and the Judd woman. It's never going to be easy, so just accept that and get on with it. If you want to sit and eat muffins, you can't complain about being fat. That's like walking in traffic and complaining when you get hit. sigh.

This.

I don't mean to be unsympathetic to people trying to lose weight (I've been heavy, I know what it's like) but frankly I'm just tired of all the blah blah blah whining about it. OK, you don't like to work out, you don't like depriving yourself, you hate cooking, healthy food is too expensive (BS), you're too busy, on and on and on. My response is SO WHAT? If it's worth it to you you'll find away around that stuff. It won't be easy but if you want to do it, do it. If it's too much to manage, don't do it and accept yourself the way you are. But please, stop whining!!

I understand the struggles of being over weight. I was 265lbs for most of my adult life. I've lost 115 on a journey that started in early 2000 but man it still can be hard sometimes. Honestly, no one can help them until they decide to help themselves. And yeah, I wouldn't want to hear someone sitting around complaining about something they can change....frankly I wouldn't want to hear someone continuously complaining about something they can't change. :)

I don't know what is sadder, being obese and not being able to gather the strength to jump in and take control at some point; instead playing the poor victim, or having the big, fullfilling goal of wanting to sit around eating muffins all day...damn that is sad. Her life must be totally and completely empty.

OK, you don't like to work out, you don't like depriving yourself, you hate cooking, healthy food is too expensive (BS), you're too busy, on and on and on.

This is off the subject, but why do you think that saying healthy food is too expensive is BS? I believe that healthy food is way more expensive than processed foods and fatty cuts of meat. When my husband was laid off, the first thing I did was change the way my family of 6 ate to save money. I didn't like it (my kids loved it :eek:), but it was the easiest way to save a significant amount of money.

Recently, I thought I'd buy organic red peppers because my kids eat them a lot and I was worried about pesticides. The store I shop at was selling them for EIGHT dollars each! For one organic red pepper. And they weren't even good - they were wrinkled and squishy (probably because no one can afford to buy them). Just think about how many cookies or boxes of mac n cheese you could buy for 8.00!

Erica

Organic peppers are REALLY expensive! ITA with that. But there's a lot of other healthy things $8 can be spent on in between organic peppers and mac and cheese/cookies.

In general I don't think healthy eating is expensive, especially if meals are kept simple and basic. We're on a tight budget here and I manage to keep us almost all organic. I do it by avoiding most processed foods (I think that's where the expense comes in, especially with organics, and if I want something like cereal I wait for a sale) and cooking from scratch. I invest my food dollars in things like rice, beans, eggs, bananas, apples, pears, whole grains, lettuce, yogurt, salsas for flavoring and frozen veggies, none of which are prohibitively expensive IMO. I buy in bulk where I can, too, and in season. We rarely have meat. We eat a lot of chili. :D

The expense ticks up a bit with organic dairy products like my beloved cheese :D...but I've found that most grocery stores have their own organic versions of butter, cheese and eggs, at a competitive price.

Anyway, just how I do it. OMMV. :)

Last edited:
Carnie Wilson is a train wreck. I feel sorry for her but at the same time I'm put off by her apparent lack of a spine.

Funny re. the organic peppers. I don't generally look at prices in the store -- I just buy from my list and assume everything will be reasonable. Well, last Sunday, I happened to look up just as the cashier was punching in the PLU code for my 4 organic red peppers - over $30! I said, "Wait a sec, that can't be right?" and the cashier very patiently told me that yes, they really are that expensive. I'm about to shave 1/4 off my grocery bill next week because I ain't buying any more of those puppies! (These ones aren't even that good.)

Stebby

Just think about how many cookies or boxes of mac n cheese you could buy for 8.00!

I bet you could get a lot more out of $8 with meals of red beans and rice, split pea soup, lentil soup with barley, vegetarian chili...you can add less expensive vegetables (conventional or organic) such as carrots, celery, canned tomatoes, frozen spinach.

Dried beans and rice are always a real bargain...price-wise and nutrient-wise. IMO, processed is never really as cheap as it seems.

Here's another way to look at it:
The Price of Real Food
http://www.foodrenegade.com/the-price-of-real-food/

ETA: I'm in the northeast, and I don't think I've ever purchased in inexpensive pepper (organic or otherwise). They always seem pricey, especially when compared to other things.

As for bulk, DH and I are big meat eaters and we get almost all of our meat in bulk (by the half pig, half cow, or whole deer...DH hunts). You get great quality for a LOT less, direct from the farmer. The only downside is that you pay a lot up front and need a big ass freezer.

Last edited:
That's like people who have terribly eating habits and then blame their obesity on their "metabolism."

I do agree with those that say her yoyo weight and dieting is what gets her attention.

Carnie Wilson is a train wreck. I feel sorry for her but at the same time I'm put off by her apparent lack of a spine.

Funny re. the organic peppers. I don't generally look at prices in the store -- I just buy from my list and assume everything will be reasonable. Well, last Sunday, I happened to look up just as the cashier was punching in the PLU code for my 4 organic red peppers - over $30! I said, "Wait a sec, that can't be right?" and the cashier very patiently told me that yes, they really are that expensive. I'm about to shave 1/4 off my grocery bill next week because I ain't buying any more of those puppies! (These ones aren't even that good.)

Stebby

Hee hee, I've had the experience myself! Red peppers here are 2 for $5 which seems like a bargain compared to what others seem to be paying! Peppers are one of the few things I don't buy organic. I suffer the pesticides and dream of the day I'm no longer po'. :D

Totally annoying!! I had to change the channel I was so bugged by her. She clearly loves to play the victim role. oh, feel sorry for me....memememe. Yuck!! One of my favorite sayings and it applies to her PUT YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES ON AND DEAL WITH IT!!!!! :p

....PUT YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES ON AND DEAL WITH IT!!!!! :p

BWA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!

What in the world would Carnie and Kirstie do if they ever had a REAL problem?? They really make me angry. I just got back from my yearly mammo, it was all clear, and I could only thank the heavens above that it was. I know many women are not so lucky.

As I get into my advancing years (48! :p ) I am just crazy with appreciation and thankfullness for my health. And they b*tch and moan about not being able eat muffins all day and their trainer makes them cry.

They should both just shut up, and maybe take their mind off their weight by A) going to Haiti and volunteering to a soup kitchen, and see what REAL hunger is, and B) getting a real job that requires skill and at least half a brain.

Can you tell, they annoy me! :p

BWA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!

What in the world would Carnie and Kirstie do if they ever had a REAL problem??

They should both just shut up, and maybe take their mind off their weight by A) going to Haiti and volunteering to a soup kitchen, and see what REAL hunger is, and B) getting a real job that requires skill and at least half a brain.

Can you tell, they annoy me! :p

I agree! It reminds me of a part of Wanda Sykes' HBO special "I'ma Be Me." She's talking about how her baby daughter cries at everything, and she finally tells her, "Olivia, you can't handle 'baby'? Life is gonna kick your ass!"

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.