Cardio with STS

merary

Question: is cardio from the 4 day split series enough to do it with STS? I'm on week 2 and haven't managed to do any cardio whatsoever so far. I find it hard to exercise 6 days in a row! But I know I have to.

I was thinking 4DS cardio is only 30 min. So that's something that seems somewhat manageable, versus trying to do BM2 or any lengthy cardio program. Would that help me lose weight considering I'm eating healthy (most of the time, hehe)? Don't want to lose that much, 10 lbs perhaps.

Thanks!

I would say, "Yes."

I used the cardio portions from the 4DS as part of my STS Cardio workout. I think any cardio is definitely better than none at all. And at 30-35 minutes, you can squeeze that half hour in anytime.

Hi there!

I would have to agree with the above poster, 30min is better than nothing. If I can add one more thing, try to vary the intensity, for instance don't always do steady state cardio (i.e-kickboxing) every time. If you can add a hiit workout to your week, which is only 30min, that will burn more calories at rest. Tabata is another goodie that packs a powerful punch in a short amount of time. A lot of Cathe pre-mixes are 30-45min too. Intensity is GREAT for that!! One of my fav's if I'm short on time but want to blast mega calories! I know a thing or two about 30-45min cardio workouts since I have a small child and time is of the essence :).

BTW, I'm on week 3 of STS. It totally rocks!!!

Good luck!

Natasha

A lot of Cathe pre-mixes are 30-45min too.

Oh, yes! I dug around my DVDs for premixes and was surprised at what I could find hiding. Pull out any Cathe DVDs and look at the premixes. You'll have fun incorporating short, cardio versions of old favorites. :eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.