Cardio to compliment STS

dani1351

Cathlete
I am newer to Cathe workouts so I only have a few DVDs literally. I have Kick max, Cardio Fusion and Body Fusion. I would like to add some other cardio workouts in to compliment STS. Cathe has so many videos I don't know what to pick. I don't really do Body Fusion anymore since I find it a bit to easy. I am hoping to find some recommendations out there. Also I am open to any instructor.

Thanks

Hi Dani~

Depending on how many you can purchase right now, I would try to get an interval, KB, all step or combo step workout. My picks would be IMAX 2, Kick Punch & Crunch, Step Blast and/or MIC. These are strictly cardio based workouts which I'm assuming are what you're looking for to supplement with STS. Of course, you can't go wrong with any of Cathe's workouts and you WILL want them all eventually;)

Also, if you have access to cardio equipment (ie. treadmill, elliptical, spin bike etc), you could get some Cardio Coach audio guided workouts. Also, there are many CCers who use these workouts outdoors while running & biking. You can check them out at www.cardiocoach.com. They are awesome cardio workouts and Coach Sean is a dreamboat!

HTH

JJ

If you like to run, walk, bike, or work on an elliptical, you could try Cardio Coach. It's a big favorite around here. :)

http://cardiocoach.com/

As for Cathe's DVDs, Cardio Fusion is pretty tough, so you might enjoy Imax 2 or 3 (I only have Imax 2). Check out Kick, Punch, Crunch too.

Edit: NinjaMom beat me to it. :D

I have an elliptical and I plan to use Cardio Coach with STS. I adore Cathe's weight workouts and I'm thrilled out of my mind about STS, but I'm so clumsy that I don't benefit from her cardio routines for all my stumbling around. :eek:

Last edited:
If you enjoy biking, you could get a trainer for your bike and use either Cardio Coach (as mentioned above) and/or Spinervals (spinervals.com). Spinervals are DVDs that give you an amazing workout on your bike using the trainer (or a spinning bike). If you have ever considered a BOSU, you can get a great workout on that too, and there are some good cardio dvds for that, plus Cathe's easier ones are not so easy using a BOSU :)

I have an elliptical and I plan to use Cardio Coach with STS. I adore Cathe's weight workouts and I'm thrilled out of my mind about STS, but I'm so clumsy that I don't benefit from her cardio routines for all my stumbling around. :eek:

Me too. Cardio Coach on the treadmill. I can't say enough about what it's doing for my legs!

MIC is in my opinion Cathe's toughest cardio workout.

With STS I plan on using Rhythmic Step, KPC, SB, LowMax, the IMAX series, and the classics dvd. There's plenty of pure cardio to keep me busy on cardio days. Of course I'll miss the circuit workouts as I tend to enjoy those the most.

Me too. Cardio Coach on the treadmill. I can't say enough about what it's doing for my legs!

Why do you say Cardio Coach is helping your legs? I run/walk on the treadmill all the time what difference would it make having Cardio Coach? Also, which CC are you loving just in case I decide to give it a whirl? Thanks!

Hey there - I'm not the original poster of the Cardio Coach comment - I just started using Cardio Coach, it's awesome. I did it yesterday and I found that I worked much harder then if I were just doing the cardio on my own or with the machine settings.

It's the combo of the perfect music, the challenges provided and the encouiragement from the coach. The high interval intensity training burns more calories and is pushing my cardio limits, to the limit.

It's kind of hard for me to explain but I felt so powerful during and after the workout. It's quite an experience...

Wake Up Eager - welcome to the CC club! They are amazing, aren't they??? :D You are right - it is hard to put into words, but they all just make you feel like taking on the world. Before you joined here, I posted that I was going through a terrible health scare. After coming home following a second round of tests, I was scared, stressed, depressed - you name it. I got on my arc trainer and did CC #1 b/c it is short and I wasn't really up for anything more - just wanted to do something. It made me feel better, and the cool down just brought an amazing peace and calm over me and I felt like I was flying a plane high in the sky, the sky that pretty pinky orange color, and everything was right with the world. It still brings me to that peaceful place when I hear that cool down, and reminds me to be thankful every day for my health. The next day, the neurologist called and everything was ok with me (a developmental abnormality - gave my friends great joy to tell me that they always knew I was a bit different...!) ;)

hrcfitness - not who you posed the question to, but they are all so great. I really don't have a preference. I have all of them because some are shorter than others, some more focused on hills or sprints with longer challenges, and the music is just different in each - they all have a bit of a different feel. Plus, you can make your own playlist and create your own workouts using the various CC challenges and steady states, cool downs, whatever.

Why do you say Cardio Coach is helping your legs? I run/walk on the treadmill all the time what difference would it make having Cardio Coach? Also, which CC are you loving just in case I decide to give it a whirl? Thanks!
I don't exercise on a treadmill, but like Wake Up Eager said, you tend to work much harder with these workouts than you would just doing your own thing or using the machine programs. The coaching is truly superb in the whole series, and you work very hard without actually realizing it, if that makes sense. I've seen some nice changes in my legs and glutes, too, and I attribute it to the fact that I use higher resistance settings on my elliptical with the CC workouts than I would if left to my own devices. ;)

I totally agree with Michele. To be honest, I didn't think it would make that much difference to use CC b/c I felt like I really pushed myself. BUT, Michele just is forever toting the benefits and amazingness - yeah I know, not really a word! - of CC so I had to see what the fuss was all about. Well, you push yourself beyond what you ever thought you were capable of, and you feel so good for doing it. I sometimes think that I will just work out to the music on my ipod because I miss the music, but then I decide against it b/c if I'm looking for a tough workout, I will get it with CC. Now if I want a nice walk in the neighborhood, the music is great. I think you have to just buy one and give it a go. Time flies by when you use CC too. Oh, and Coach Sean is so hunky :p

Thank you

I wanted to say Thank You to everyone for there suggestions. I will definitely try the cardio coach and some of the dvd's suggested. I am bit hesitant on the bosu ball due to lack of coordination sometimes. :p Thanks again!![/COLOR][/FONT]

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.