cardio fusion-please tell me its not just me

jennifur

Cathlete
I just completed cardio fusion. This workout, out of all of Cathe's has the hugest dread factor for me. The only other one that even comes close is BM2 I don't know how I made it through this workout!! I think I'm in pretty good shape and then I do something like CF and I'm sucking wind. Does anyone else find this one to be particularly challenging??? Is there something wrong with me? Am I getting old ?? Most everything else of Cathe's I find really doable. I guess I should give myself a ^5 and be glad it's over :) . I think I'll go take a nap now,lol Thanks for listening to me bellyache.

I love it!

I love Cardio Fusion! I do it every other week because I think it's so much fun. Yeah, it's hard, but I feel like I've had a great workout afterward.

I like the step routines, the music, and most of the drills. (Can't say I'm wild about those squat thrusts, but by then, I'm almost finished!)

Try doing less of it... maybe stopping after a couple of drills. Maybe lower your step for the whole thing. Try the premixes.

Or you could just sell it and do the workouts you really love!

No, it's not just you. This is probably the only Cathe dvd that I've bought that I don't use at all. I agree with the last poster - I'm selling it so I can buy something that I enjoy better.
Paula

Definitely not a workout I look forward to. Funny, I don't dislike it, its not a favorite, it just frustrates me how it really pushes me to my limit while other intense workouts don't have that effect. Of course when I did it this morning I didn't forsee shoveling and snowblowing the driveway. So if I thought I was tired this morning........ I hope I can still do Disc 9 legs tomorrow.

Phyllis & Paula glad to hear I'm not the only one. There are VERY few workouts that I feel that way about.

Huh, I find myself always reaching for this on my cardio days. I love the routines without the prep work to get there. I do agree that the workout in it's entirety has a dread factor but the premixes are my favorite.

That's definitely true. The premixes are fun!! I don't know why I feel like I'm cheating if I don't do the whole workout in it's entirety! Paula, my DS helped with a lot of the driveway. He had the snow blower most of the time. I had the shovel. It is amazing how much core is involved in lifting the snowfilled shovel and dumping the snow. I could tell all my hard (Cathe) work really contributed to my strength and stamina in the driveway. Thank you Cathe:D!!!

Of course you dread it.....it's HARD! This is not your regular cardio workout; it's very advanced. That's GOOD! If you want to increase your cardiovascular ability, you need to get out of your comfort zone fairly frequently and push yourself. As long as you aren't winding up with headaches, sore joints, or other negative effects, then you're giving your body what it needs. Don't do that every single day, but on a fairly frequent basis (one or two times a week) you'll adapt.

If you want progress, you have to get uncomfortable. Hmmm. Now I want to go put it in the player and give it a go. :)

Cheers!

Sandra,
You are absolutety right!!!! I need to do this more often, then maybe I wouldn't dread it as much. If you do it today have fun!!

Jennifer,

Actually, I'm supposed to be doing STS Disc 4 today, which is endurance work for the chest, shoulders & biceps. I've been doing an undulating STS rotation, so this is actually the start of my 5th week. I MUCH prefer the hypertrophy and strength mesocycles, over this endurance stuff. So, I'm in the same dread-factor place that you are. But I'll do it, because if I dread it so much, then it's because it's tough, and tough will make me better! If I found it comfortable, I'd only be wasting my time.

How's that for getting psyched up for a workout? :D

I can't place this one. Which set was it sold with?

It came out with Drill Max, Body Max 2, Butts and Guts, and Low Impact Circuit.

No school for the kids tomorrow, so I'll be doing Cardio Fusion. I need the extra time because it's a 71-minute workout!

Sandra,
It's so funny, I'm scheduled to disc 10 tomorrow for the first time. I started the 6 month STS rotation back in January and I'm loving it. I'm loving the endurance phase and worrying that I wont like Meso 2 & Meso 3 as much. I'm thinking that the dread factor will be greater in coming weeks. As far as cardio fusion is concerned I've decided to do it in it's entirety on Saturdays until it holds no more dread factor for me. Lets see if i can follow through. I did 30/30 today and dare I say it....... it really wasn't hard at all. If I had more time I would've added something on. Looking forward to moving forward to STS. I never imagined I'd enjoy it as much as I am :).

Jennifur,

When I did STS, I dreaded Meso 3 the most, but it turned out to be my favorite! And I was happy to do no more push-ups or pull-ups, too.

Good luck with Cardio Fusion... you may learn to love it someday!

I only do this one in its entirety when Im feeling super rested and have the time. I do stop the workout and take a full minutes break sometimes. But, when I'm finished, I feel so accomplished.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.