Cardio Coach - personal playlist?

babindy

Cathlete
Has anyone done their own premix of Cardio Coach for a personal playlist that you would recommend?

I have 1-8 (and press play) and was thinking about doing a few of my own. But I thought surely others had done this already. :cool:

Any suggestions?? TIA

Okay, I keep seeing posts on this "Cardio Coach" thing. I know I'm not really helping you out with this respnose...but I gotta know...what the heck is this cardio coach thing? is there a website I can go to, to see what it is? sorry I was of no help, just a very curious person...hehe:eek::D

There absolutely is a website - cardiocoach.com

The website can probably explain better than me, but they are a series of coached cardio workouts. I think most were designed with a cardio machine in mind (treadmill, eliptical, etc) but I use mine outside in my neighborhood. So they are adaptable. Just use your own perceived exertion.

Sean (the coach in cardio coach) is very personable and it definitely helps me to have the encouragement. :p The music is good without getting tiresome.

The workouts seem to mostly increase in intensity as they progress, with Vol 1 being the easiest and shortest (with intro options as well). There are quite a few threads on this so you might want to search for it if you want to see other opinions :cool:

btw - there tend to be sales so if you're interested keep checking.

Oh my Alana! Cardio Coach is amazingly addictive! They are interval workouts that are designed to increase your endurance and speed by pushing to higher levels of exertion in short intervals. I love these!

Brenda - I haven't done this myself, but I recall some of the girls having posted a few of their personal mixes recently. Have you tried to do a search yet? I'm sure you probably have and that's why you're asking!

Anyway, I wish I had saved the thread!

Whoa! WOW! I am DEFINATLEY going to check that website out! I havn't done so yet, busy with work and chores today, gah! but....I'll be checking it out either tonight or tomorrow at the latest!!! Thanks ladies for clarifying that for me!! :D

Brenda -- I am too boring and unimaginative to come up with my own playlist!!! :rolleyes: I did one time do intervals with CC and Cathe weights, does that count?!?! :p

Alana -- Please get yourself over to Cardiocoach.com and give it a go, you will never think of cardio the same!!!

Alana -- Please get yourself over to Cardiocoach.com and give it a go, you will never think of cardio the same!!!

I can only second that. Just look at Miss Lee, our self-proclaimed cardio hater ran her first 5k with Cardio Coach this weekend. And I, well, I couldn't jog for more than 20 seconds when I started and now I am signed up for a half marathon, and lost 120 lbs in the process. Nothing has ever kept me going like Cardio Coach - it's more than a workout.

Babyindy - I have several playlists with CC, some for steady state, some for HIIT, some just sprints and some just because I like the motivational messages. What are you looking for?

Babyindy - I have several playlists with CC, some for steady state, some for HIIT, some just sprints and some just because I like the motivational messages. What are you looking for?

ooooo Carola. :D I think I'm mostly interested in HIIT and sprints. Steady state I do other ways. Thank you SOOOOOO much in advance :cool: And congrats on the major success!!!

Tricia - if you come across that thread I'd be most interested. :)

lol my2girls!

Last edited:
I've done about 4 of my own Cardio Coach premixes. They are fun and I love putting together my favorite intervals in one workout.

Would you mind sharing those premixes for those of us (like me for instance, lol) that would appreciate the input? Do you mix the challenges? (1-2-3) Or do you pull from each section? (Challenge 1 from all other Challenges 1's)

Any info is much appreciated.

Would you mind sharing those premixes for those of us (like me for instance, lol) that would appreciate the input? Do you mix the challenges? (1-2-3) Or do you pull from each section? (Challenge 1 from all other Challenges 1's)

Any info is much appreciated.

I don't have the breakdown here at work. I'll copy my cheat sheets and post them here tomorrow if you can wait. In fact, I have a whole CC compendium if you all would like to see it. Again, I'll have to post it tomorrow.

I don't have the breakdown here at work. I'll copy my cheat sheets and post them here tomorrow if you can wait. In fact, I have a whole CC compendium if you all would like to see it. Again, I'll have to post it tomorrow.

Absolutely no rush. I appreciate your help and will take anything you are willing to share. :)

Brenda,
Here are 4 premixes I've done with Cardio Coach. They are on my MP3 player and I just named them Mix 1, Mix 2, etc. You need to make all the tracks into an .mp3 format for it to work. The only thing I'd do different is when I inserted steady state tracks in it, I would use the SS track before the Challenge I chose. The first two mixes I didn't do that and it gets confusing unless you know what challenge is coming. The last two I used the SS tracks before the appropriate challenge.

I will post an entire Cardio Coach Compendium in another thread.

Example: V501 = Volume 5, Track 1. V6c03 = Volume 6 with Canace, Track 3.

MIXED #1 - 60 Minutes

Track 1 V501: 5 minute warmup
Track 2 V502: Steady State – 3 minutes
Track 3 V6c03: Challenge 1: 5 – 1 minute level 3 sprints; 1 minute rest
Track 4 V403: Steady State – 3 minutes
Track 5 V402: Challenge 1: 2 minute level 3 sprint, 30 second rest; 1:30 minute level 3 hill climb, 30 second rest, 2 minute level 3 sprint
Track 6 V2r04: Steady State – 3:20
Track 7 V6c09: Challenge 4: 3 – 2 minute level 2 & 3 climbs/jog, 1 minute level 4 sprint; 2 minute rest
Track 8 V506: Steady State – 3 minutes
Track 9 V505: Challenge 2: 6 – 1 minute level 3 sprints, 30 seconds rest
Track 10 V708: Cool Down

MIXED #2 – 45 Minutes

Track 1 V701: Warm Up – 4 min.
Track 2 V702: Steady State – 3:50 min.
Track 3 V703: Challenge 1: 4 – 3 min. Level 3 endurance intervals (your choice of climbs or sprints); 3 min. at Level 2
Track 4 V6s05: Steady State – 3 minutes
Track 5 V302: Challenge 1: 6 – 30 second sprints, 30 second rest (Level 3)
Track 6 V706: Steady State – 3:50 min.
Track 7 V305: Challenge 3: 4 – 10 second sprints, 30 second rest (Level 4)
Track 8 V307: Cool down

MIXED #3 – 40 Minutes

Track 1 V701: Warmup – 4 min.
Track 2 V704: Steady State - 4 min.
Track 3 V705: Challenge 2: 10 – 1 minute alternating Level 3 climbs/sprints w/30 second rest
Track 4 V405: Steady State – 3 min.
Track 5 V406: Challenge 3: 1 – 3 minute level 3 hill climb, 2 minute rest; 30 second sprint, 1 minute rest; 2 minute level 3 hill climb, 15 second rest; 1 minute level 4 sprint
Track 6 V508: Cool Down

MIXED #4 – 60 Minutes

Track 1 V801: Warmup – 4:37 minutes
Track 2 V804: Challenge 2: 2 – 8 minute Level 3 treks; 2 minutes rest.
Track 3 V704: Steady State – 3:50 min.
Track 4 V705: Challenge 2: 10 – 1 minute alternating Level 3 climbs/sprints w/30 second rest
Track 5 V6s03: Steady State – 4 minutes
Track 6 V6s04: Challenge 2: 5 – 1 minute level 3 sprints, 1 minute rest
Track 7 V6s06: Cool Down

If you have any questions on how I did this, please don't hesitate to ask.

Debbie you are AWESOME!

I'm mp3 ready. I use rhapsody as my media player so I'm all set. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH. :D

You're welcome! Mix #4 is my favorite! I did that one this morning.

Are there differing intensity levels for your premixes? Or do you consider them about the same (not counting the length of course)?

I was playing around with my own yesterday and ended up with 4 challenges including two Challenge #1's. (I like the short and sweet ones as an intro since I'm a slow starter :rolleyes: ) Not tried it yet though. I love the options!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.