Candy corn ~ the devil's candy

horseshowmom

Cathlete
I think the only reason you can get it at Halloween is because the devil makes it! Does anyone else have a horrible time stopping after just a few pieces!?! I am NOT going to even buy it anymore. It's ridiculous!!!
Get this though...at the grocery store, the clerk was promoting it as a *healthy* snack option because it's made from honey and that if you ever have a sore throat you should eat some, the honey will soothe your throat! WHAT!?!?!? She was a very nice older lady and believed what she was saying! I think I've heard it all now...candy corn as medicine/health food! :eek:

Becky

We've (mostly me:eek:) have already been thru 1 bag of Brach's Autumn Mix. Had a weak moment at the grocery store. I love the brown bottomed candy corns, and the pumpkins. Dunno why but YUM YUM YUM!!!! My throat wasn't sore the whole time, maybe her theory has merit:p:p:p:p I think I've gotten them out of my system for this fall, but they sure were good. Nice and fresh and chewy. Next up carmel apples and Reese's PB cups. The PB cups taste so much better out of the Halloween bucket.

Nan

Walgreens is horrible about pushing sweets when checkin' out, be warned...I will not succumb, I will not succum into temptation. So far it has worked......LOL

I'm not a big fan of them on their own, but if you mix them equal parts of candy corn to salted peanuts..ooooh man!!! Kind of like a PayDay candy bar but better. If I have some of that, I can't stop until the cup/bowl/trough of them is gone.

Lynn M.

PS.. sorry in advance if I just enabled your addiction to a brand new level!

I'm not a big fan of them on their own, but if you mix them equal parts of candy corn to salted peanuts..ooooh man!!! Kind of like a PayDay candy bar but better. If I have some of that, I can't stop until the cup/bowl/trough of them is gone.

Lynn M.

PS.. sorry in advance if I just enabled your addiction to a brand new level!

oh my word!!! that is my october addiction!!!
every yr i promise myself i wont buy any! but "the kids" want it!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I just wish they would sell them in smaller packages. I can't buy the big bag because I know I would eat it all. But I do love it (and those pumpkins too!)

I just wish they would sell them in smaller packages. I can't buy the big bag because I know I would eat it all. But I do love it (and those pumpkins too!)

our grocery store sells it in bulk. so you COULD buy as little as you want. or as much as you want!:p

I had a dream about candy corn a few days ago. When I was little I used to only eat the tops of corn because for some reason I thought that was the best part, . . .you know like only eating the red M & M's. :) Nowadays I just use them to decorate my Halloween cup cakes. Heck what is Halloween without a little sugar, . . . and wax?

Mallo Pumpkins, too!

I cannot bring candy corn & those pumpkins in the house because my control switch does not work with them & it doesn't work for ice cream either! Or cake - or ......cookies......etc......

I cannot bring candy corn & those pumpkins in the house because my control switch does not work with them & it doesn't work for ice cream either! Or cake - or ......cookies......etc......

ITA!!!!!! These are the death of me. I will usually buy a bag " just in case" trick-or-treaters come by...mind you, I live on a main road with 3 acres between me and the next neighbor so the chances of kids dropping by are VERY slim. But hey, you have to be prepared right ;)

Nan, Reese's PB cups are my absolute favorite candy EVER!! Esp the pumpkins/xmas trees/eggs they come out with at holiday time...YUUUUM!!

the salted peanut and candy corn combo is the real devil. One of my students gave me a container of it a few years ago and I made the mistake of telling her how yummy it was. Now she brings me one every year and even brought me a huge bag of it at Christmas ( red and green candy corn) and told me it was reindeer chow!

This post is soo funny!!! Candy Corn is the devil's candy........but you have to try it with popcorn!!! the best.....

Kathy

Don't even get me started...

Anyone remember last year's candy corn thread? :D

Oh, how I love it. But there is no surer way to break through my self-control than the Autumn Mix/Indian Corn varieties...this candy corn & peanut combo sounds positively lethal. Mmmmmm....candy corn......

Something else I can't have in the house....

Marshmallow creme! I'll go to work on a jar with a spoon & eat the WHOLE THING in one sitting! I have a severe sweet tooth!

I LOVE CANDY CORNS! People always think its so gross that i eat them. They really aren't the most popular holloween candy. I'm keeping them out of the house until i absolutely have too. I know once I get my hands on a bag the aren't going to last long.

I was surprised to hear that candy corn contained honey. So I googled and yes there is honey in the Brachs anyway: Sugar, corn syrup, salt, honey......

I have to try it with the salted peanuts!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.