Candace's Fit is it Cardio - opinions?

WTF??? People push CC and Power 90 constantly. All I have seen is people giving negative opinions of Candace's workouts, not selling. PTA lady.

Blessings.

Now wait a second. Yes this is an open forum to discuss all aspects of fitness and those plans we like and do not like. I liked the elliptical workout I did and sought input on the others. It was then that it was made clear how exactly alike some of these workouts were to another group that many folks here prefer. (Actually I think it was brought up in another thread that didn't really discuss the workouts)

As we looked at the website offering these workouts, there was no mention whatsoever ON THAT SITE that any kind of gift was made to help launch these. There was no mention on that site to the folks who may have helped it get off the ground or that they were recorded in his studio or any other indicia of support. The only thing people here knew was that the music was exactly the same. I would also like to apologize if anything questioned Candace's or anyone else's integrity.

BUT - if you read, I believe all of the comments said, "IF TRUE", then that's not a nice thing to do, or IF TRUE, I won't support it, etc. On the whole we also made it clear that we would prefer to give the benefit of the doubt. I have to go back and check but I don't know that anyone said CANDACE was that bad, but rather the action of taking another's work, IF TRUE is reprehensible. And does anyone here really disagree with that? Does anyone disagree that it is wrong to take someone else's work, claim it for your own, and ride it to success?

This is a very savvy group of not only exercisers, but people. And most of us are always looking for a new challenge. These new workouts, IMO, kick some serious boo-tay, and I hope more will be coming. But I don't think it's fair to fault people who noticed not only SIMILARITY, but duplication, and then when they questioned it and actually looked for credit to be given, saw none. I also have to give both Sean and Candace credit for not posting on here. I'm sure there are no plants to do so either. Now - go have a great workout!

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

I honestly have no idea who *pushes* CC or Power 90(I'm assuming you mean P90X.) I know there are a lot of people who like both of those things bt they don't feel the need to defend either to the death if someone says the don't like it.

In fact, you can count me as one of the people who has openly said I don't like P90X and no one has ever made me feel bad about it. I like both CC and itrains but there are people who don't like CC on this forum and I dare say they aren't ever made to feel bad about it.

And what is wrong if people have been giving negative opinions of Candace's workout? People are entitled to their opinions.

RE: Candace's version

Pasted below is an e-mail I got back from Candace. When she e-mailed me that she and Coach Sean are still friends I asked if I could share that info with you all. She advised that I could, so here is her version:

You know what, that would be great and I and my entire team who are a little shell shocked after viewing how cruel these posts have been......."evil, unethical, immoral and illegal"??? we would all appreciate it.
I have have owned and operated my corporation for 17years now and Lorrie, this is "MY INTERVAL CLASSES" just finally recorded for mass sale!
That's the bottom line. I am a continuing education provider for other fitness professionals, a member of PowerBar's select Team Elite, a member of the faculty of the American Council on Exercise etc.
The one thing that I try to consider before making any decision is ..........is this right, is this good, is this something that will ultimately help others........if yes, I move forward.
I was given the music by Sean after my work was done there and he gave it to me........written expressed consent.......to START MY OWN LINE .....!!
It's the bottom line here. Again, there are thousands of instructors all over the world.....teaching interval classes, like spinning for example......same perceived exertion scale as I have used......it's part of our training to
learn and use that scale along with Heart Rate Monitors.....but of course, without being there in person, the PE scale is the way to go. So this is just the average interval class format.....I would never copy anyone, I teach people how to teach these. Sean is my friend. I love what he does....he's different than me, I am different than him, I train is different than us.....Chris Carmichael (Lance Armstrong's Coach) has his line of these...he's different etc. There's plenty of good to go around for everyone. None of us are trying to do ANYTHING malicious. We wish that the fans of our work would do the same ya know??
I have been involved in Charity work as I do the news here and love volunteering my time to help others as that is why I have received the OUTSTANDING SERVICE AWARD for that service.
I just need to say that my team has asked to go on the site and answer these very very very deeply inaccurate accusations and I have not allowed it.
This is something that we can't get involved in. We are afraid that it will just not be accepted or matter the way things are being said. My team are very upset, I am very upset, attacking my character is hard to take especially since it was based on an inaccurate account of what is going on here. Sean, Todd and I are friends.
Sean is done selling the guest album and that's all that is too. Being in the public eye, I have heard all kinds of critiques, of course, it comes with the territory, but evil, unethical etc. based on a rumored lie, we are little weirded out by that kind of deep personal mean, viscous attacking with out accurate facts. But we'll get over it............but we won't jump in to defend ourselves. I did look back and see that someone responded to a post that was actually in my favor and said that they wouldn't believe it unless Sean told them it's true. Well that won't happen because HE AND I and most fitness professionals worth their salt of integrity WON'T EVER GO ON THESE SITES TO POST. NEVER. HE AND I HAVE DISCUSSED THIS MANY TIME........WE CAN'T GET INVOLVED. I DID CREDIT TODD........HE IS GIVE CREDITS ON MY ALBUMS.....EVERYONE. So much so that the company that SEAN TOLD ME TO USE AND HELPED WITH THAT TOO BY THE WAY, sent Todd plaques commemorating these new albums and if anyone heard them, off the top of my head I can't think of which one, but I say in the workout "my musician and GOOD FRIEND TODD WASHBURN has created some of the most beautiful music I have ever heard and this track is one of my favorites.........." So credit has been given and SEAN GETTING CREDIT BY BEING ON MY SITE........the only reason that I was on his was while the album was for sale and for that purpose. I am not intentionally leaving my friend out, there's no reason to place him there, at least not yet.
So..........I am trying to let it all go........praying about peace and doing the right thing by taking SEAN'S advice as to not go on the site, not my team........and just picking up the emotional pieces and move on.
Again, over the years, I have been on the radio, in the papers doing the news, I have been critiqued, comes with the territory.............this was UNIQUELY personal and horribly hurtful and wrong........so it hurts.
YOU can print any of this you like, but we won't so again if anyone is waiting for SEAN or I or TODD to go on the site, we don't do that. I have no idea why this attack has happened and why so abusive but that's out of my hands and really, that kind of really ugly stuff, well, it's obvious .......that really, really bottom line, has NOTHING TO DO WITH ME! know what I mean???
Thanks for your return e Lorrie, I didn't see it until now as I was off after I wrote you to prepare for a Charity event race that I actually just ran and returned from right before I sat down to go and check my e mails.........
It's been nice talking with you. The only reason I joined that forum was because it was the only way I could find and contact you.........I will never post.....just wanted to give you a free workout and see what you thought.
thanks and Power On to EVERYONE........It's a big big play ground here........and we can all share it, there's enough good to go around for everyone ya know?? and we need to all play nice and focus on the world matters that are worthy of our disdain and action.Everyone who knows me, knows that I now... and have always... and always will have the utmost regard for my friend Sean O'Malley and only ever will speak highly of him...
Candace

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Lorrie -- thank you so much for posting Candace's remarks.

I want to apologize again, to both Candace and Sean, for anything in my posts that helped fuel this fire. My intention was NEVER to denigrate Candace's integrity, although I may have done just that. I'm truly sorry. I am not a vindictive person and I wish no ill upon Candace or her venture.

This is an open discussion forum where we frequently discuss the merits, or lack thereof, of various instructors and their workouts. This whole thing started out with innocent comments a week or so ago by myself and others, simply noting that Candace's workouts bear a striking similarity to CC, and that the music from CCV3 is featured in one of her clips. These discussions are fair game.

I'm sorry that it escalated into something less than dignified, and it was fueled, in part, by posters who seemed to be plants -- people who are new to the forums and posting primarily in threads about CC, or in unrelated threads in order to promote Candace. I also received PM's that were intended to belittle my opinions.

Again, my apology is sincere and heartfelt. Candace, if you're reading this, I'd like to extend my very best wishes to you in your new venture. I cannot say enough how sorry I am for any pain I may have caused you.

Coach Sean, I apologize to you as well, for any distress this situation brought to you.

Cathe, I apologize to you, too, for not extending the grace that you would have to your guests.

I have never said anything negative beyond "the workout did not click with me" at any forum before - whether VF or here - about an instructor. People have widely differing tastes and needs and a workout/instructor is not bad just because they do not appeal to me. I dont feel in the bit apologetic to Candace however. I stated my opinion here of how she copied Sean and took advantage of him and I stand by my opinion.

Just because Candace had an emotional outburst in that email does not change anything. I dont understand what she means by saying she has her own individal style. CC Vol 6 coached by her was in Sean's format as much as Fit Is It workouts are. iTrain for instance is an example of interval training done without copying from someone. I see no merit in the defense that Fit Is It is not like Sean's style.

I suspected Ashli of having an ulterior motive after seraching for and reading her posts. The only thing she cared to post about plugging Candace and offering a discount, barring an odd post or two. She picked CC threads because of the reason that the workouts are based on Sean's series. Candace has low credibility with me, so I still suspect Ashli is her or someone that works for her.

So Sean is taking the high road with this. I say my last on this too.

~* Vrinda *~

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.