Candace's Fit is it Cardio - opinions?

L Sass

Cathlete
(No -- I am NOT Candace in disguise - reference from a past thread :) )

Has anyone tried Candace's new guided cardio workouts? (www.fitisitcardio.com) I got the elliptical one, and while I thought the music had similarities to Sean's cardio coaches, it was clearly not the same music. I really liked it - GREAT intensity for a thorough workout. And surprisingly I liked it better than iclimb (now in fairness I only have one of Keith's iclimbs). I know she is planning more, but just wondering for those of you who have tried any of these, what did you think?

Lorrie

www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Lorrie, I listened to the clips but I wasn't that impressed. The "clip" for the first walking workout (I can't remember what it's called) IS the same music featured in CCV3.

I think I'd be more interested if she distinguished herself from Sean O'Malley in some way. As it is, her format is too similar to CC and Sean already does that better than anyone else...but I'm glad you enjoyed the elliptical workout just the same :) . If Candace does something to set herself apart, then I might consider investing in her workouts.

I have some iClimbs, and while I enjoy them I don't get the same thrill...the rush that I get from CC ;)

Lorrie, I am the self-appointed expert at detecting Candace-sock-puppets / Candace-plants and I give you a clean chit. ;)

I feel disloyal to Sean if I order a rip off.

I think the world of Sean both as a fitness professional and as a human being.

I am not willing to support any business that is so closely lifting his concept.

At the moment, I am mad at Candace. If she were to come out with something original, I may cool down enough to consider it, like Michele, the voice of reason.

~* Vrinda *~

Thanks guys. Didn't they actually work together (I mean Sean and Candace?) Was there a falling out of any sorts - or might they still be friends? I have no idea. But if she and he worked together, that may explain the use of the same style music. Wow Michele - sorry - I didn't know there was actually the same music from CC3 (LOVE that volume BTW!) That would be disconcerting to say the least. And I haven't checked - is there any kind of acknowledgement to either Sean or Todd on the CDs? Vrinda - I agree with you on Sean's integrity. How could I not - every single time I start Press Play I hear him give accalades to our very own Mama Deb! Thanks for the feedback.

Lorrie

>Thanks guys. Didn't they actually work together (I mean Sean
>and Candace?) Was there a falling out of any sorts - or might
>they still be friends? I have no idea. But if she and he
>worked together, that may explain the use of the same style
>music. Wow Michele - sorry - I didn't know there was actually
>the same music from CC3 (LOVE that volume BTW!) That would be
>disconcerting to say the least. And I haven't checked - is
>there any kind of acknowledgement to either Sean or Todd on
>the CDs? Vrinda - I agree with you on Sean's integrity. How
>could I not - every single time I start Press Play I hear him
>give accalades to our very own Mama Deb! Thanks for the
>feedback.
>
>Lorrie
>
>www.picturetrail.com/lsass

Lorrie, I don't know if Sean and Candace are still friends. There is no mention of Sean or Cardio Coach on her website, at least not that I can find, which really doesn't sit very well with me, especially in view of the credit Sean gives to everyone on his site. I just checked Todd Washburn's website and he does mention working on a new project with Candace. I'm not trying to accuse Candace of anything, I'm just not happy that she seems to have adopted Sean's format lock, stock, and barrel, and I would rather she develop her own style.

If you listen to the clip for that 1st workout you'll recognize the music immediately ;)

BTW -- Vrinda is also mentioned in the Press Play workout :)

>BTW -- Vrinda is also mentioned in the Press Play workout :)

AND THAT'S THE SAME VRINDA!!!! OMG! (Sorry Vrinda - didn't mean to slight you in any way.) Now I am truly humbled - how awesome is it that these celebs from CC are here with us? WAY COOL! So Vrinda - do tell - how did you get the mention in that workout? Hmmm? (Thanks Michele ;))

Lorrie

Lorrie, Michele,

Actually, I am going so far as to accuse Candace of copying too closely to be ethical.

Cardio Coach is Sean's concept. He brought her in for Vol 6.
Between vol 1 to Vol 5, she had nothing to do with CC. Then, she sets up something independantly where she lifts the whole concept. The only thing that she has not reused is the exertion scale that Cardio Coach developed. She falls back on the 1-10 RPE (rate of perceived exertion) scale.

~* Vrinda *~

>Lorrie, Michele,
>
>Actually, I am going so far as to accuse Candace of copying
>too closely to be ethical.
>
>Cardio Coach is Sean's concept. He brought her in for Vol 6.
>Between vol 1 to Vol 5, she had nothing to do with CC. Then,
>she sets up something independantly where she lifts the whole
>concept. The only thing that she has not reused is the
>exertion scale that Cardio Coach developed. She falls back on
>the 1-10 RPE (rate of perceived exertion) scale.
>
>~* Vrinda *~

Vrinda, I agree with you about the ethics -- although I'm sure that from a LEGAL (not always the same as ethical) standpoint, she probably hasn't done anything wrong.

And now that I look more closely I am thinking there must have been some sort of falling out. Went to the CC site and from what I see you cannot even get the Candace version of V6 anymore. Is that accurate? Ohhh - this looks like it may have been ugly. Yikes! Yep Michele - I did go back and listen to that walking clip - and you're right - it is SOOOO duplicated. Ugh.

But Vrinda - I still want to know - how'd you get mentioned on that w/o girlfriend?

Lorrie

>And now that I look more closely I am thinking there must
>have been some sort of falling out. Went to the CC site and
>from what I see you cannot even get the Candace version of V6
>anymore. Is that accurate? Ohhh - this looks like it may
>have been ugly. Yikes! Yep Michele - I did go back and
>listen to that walking clip - and you're right - it is SOOOO
>duplicated. Ugh.
>
>But Vrinda - I still want to know - how'd you get mentioned on
>that w/o girlfriend?
>
>Lorrie
>

*GASP* You're absolutely right -- Candace's V6 is no longer listed on the CC website. It makes me really angry that Candace would try to ride into the audio workout market on Sean's coattails x(

Wow, this is crazy! I love mp3 workouts and love Coach Sean. I like Candace's CC workout and when I saw that she has a new site with workout offerings I thought that I might give them a try whenever I felt like I needed something new. I was thinking that she had Sean's blessing or something, but it doesn't sound like it. I will not be buying any of her workouts unless I find out that Sean is ok with this.

>
>But Vrinda - I still want to know - how'd you get mentioned on
>that w/o girlfriend?
>
>Lorrie
>

Oh Lorrie!

I have no idea what I did to deserve that. I would write to Sean every so often. When I learned about Press Play, I tried to promote it in a couple of gyms in my city. I was quite unsuccessful.

One day I got an email from Sean asking me to listen to a clip and write back if he had pronounced my name correctly. It was a brief segment from the proposed Press Play where he announces the names of people around the world. "Touched" is an understatement for how I felt.

~* Vrinda *~

I had no idea he was going to mention my name on the workout and when I heard it the first time, I cried during the workout! Press Play was emotional enough without hearing my name mentioned! I wasn't even sure it was ME he was referring too, but found out later, it was! Coach Sean is amazing!

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid8692709

Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH (AKA "Den Mother Debbie") http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/aktion/action-smiley-066.gif[/img] If You Get The Choice To Sit It Out Or Dance, I Hope You DANCE!

OK...after reading this thread, I went and checked out the samples on Candace's site. They totally sound lifted from Cardio Coach, the music definitely and some of the cues sound familiar. x(

Michele,

The Levels Sean uses in Cardio coach are patented according to his site. http://www.cardiocoach.com/aboutQSG4.php The only thing Candace has not lifted is the levels.

So what you say about the gap between legal and ethical seems to be unfortunately, what she has taken advantage of.

~* Vrinda *~

> So what you say about the gap between legal and ethical seems to be unfortunately, what she has taken advantage of.

You guys this sounds not only unethical, but pretty evil don't you think? I guess I can't imagine anyone (well, not anyone, because I know many people really are this evil, but I guess anyone in the fitness industry who purportedly strive to "help people") stooping to this level. If it's accurate, that she's just taken advantage of that gap, it's not only mean, it's really sad. Bummer.

Lorrie

>> So what you say about the gap between legal and ethical
>seems to be unfortunately, what she has taken advantage of.
>
>You guys this sounds not only unethical, but pretty evil don't
>you think? I guess I can't imagine anyone (well, not
>anyone, because I know many people really are this
>evil, but I guess anyone in the fitness industry who
>purportedly strive to "help people") stooping to this level.
>If it's accurate, that she's just taken advantage of that gap,
>it's not only mean, it's really sad. Bummer.
>
>Lorrie

Lorrie, yes, I think you're right. What Candace has done seems evil to me. The more I think about this the more it upsets me. I hope we're wrong and that this is all just a big misunderstanding. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt but it's very hard to do in this case. :(

>Michele,
>
>The Levels Sean uses in Cardio coach are patented according to
>his site. http://www.cardiocoach.com/aboutQSG4.php The only
>thing Candace has not lifted is the levels.
>
>So what you say about the gap between legal and ethical seems
>to be unfortunately, what she has taken advantage of.
>
>~* Vrinda *~

Vrinda, sadly, I think you're right about this. I won't buy anything from Candace unless and until Sean gives his stamp of approval.

I agree with you that Sean is a wonderful and decent human being and I, too, have been at the receiving end of his kindness. ;)

>And lets face it Sean has a much sexier voice.}(
>
>Jo
I agree!
I don't have Candace's workout (CC vol.6), but I listened to clips of it when it was on the CC site. Didn't appeal to me at all.

And seeing that she is pretty much ripping off the CC concept, I wouldn't buy anything from her.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.