Can I have your opinions on my Rotation???

bernajo

Cathlete
Hi All,

I've created my very own 2 week rotation. Don't laugh - I've never created one before! My goal is to lose AT LEAST 5 pounds, tone up all over, but especially in my lower body and abs. I've done my best to incorporate some "freestyle" so I'm working my legs sometimes on consecutive days. I also have some runs in here because that usually helps me slim my hips and thighs too. I added some FIRM/Beachbody videos that I really like for the sake of variety, but for most cardio I will use CTX cardio segments. Each workout (excluding the evening run) clocks in at 60-90 min...

Sunday - Gym Style Chest/Triceps, 20 min cardio, Lotte Berk High Round Assets, P90 Ab Ripper 200
Monday - Gym Style Legs, Firm 5 Day Abs, 20 min evening interval run
Tuesday - P90 Sweat, PLB floor, CoreMax, 20 min evening interval run
Wednesday - Gymstyle Back/Shoulders/Biceps, Last 1/2 of FIRM Standing Legs
Thursday - Low Max, FIRM 5-Day Abs
Friday - Lotte Berk Hip Hugger Abs, Yoga, 20 min evening interval run
Saturday - ME, 100 Walking Lunges, FIRM Express Cardio
Sunday - SS Firm It Up, 3-4 mile run
Monday - CTX Upper Body Split, FIRM Not-So-Tough Aerobics, 20 min evening interval run
Tuesday - KickMax, CoreMax
Wednesday - MuscleMax, 100 Walking Lunges, 20 min evening interval run
Thursday - FIRM Maximum Cardio Burn, Power Half Hour Thigh Trimmer
Friday - The Bar Method Fat Free (Abs/Seat only), Yoga
Saturday - Taebo Get Ripped

I don't have any rest days scheduled because I usually listen to my body and take a rest day whenever I need it. I hope I can repeat this rotation perhaps 3 times, follow a sensible diet, and drop my 5 pounds by Memorial Day!!! Is this insane??? Any advice will be welcome!

TIA,
Joy

I was hoping that someone with a little more knowldege would answer this but sometimes any input is good. I have the same fears about my own rotaion. Am i doing enough. Not enough. You know how it goes. Anyway here is my two cents worth. First of all it is hard for me to give you a clear cut opinion because I am not familiar with some of the videos you are using. You seem to have a nice variety and a pretty even split with the body parts. My only suggestion would be to insert a rest day. Not only are you in fear of overtraining you may get burned out. I know it's easy to say. I don't like rest days that much either but I know I need them. Maybe even one every ten days if you feel as if you have to, or want to do something maybe even stretch. Just not anything hard on the muscle so they have time to recoupe. Also what do you mean by interval run. Are you stopping to do push-ups and then running for about 10 more minutes then stopping to do another exercise, are you using weights. If that is what it is then i would also suggest just doing a strictly run or walk no intervals. You have already worked that muscle earlier in the day unless you did legs earlier but then only upper intervals later. I'm not sure. Like I said I second guess myself all the time but these are just a few suggestions I have. Hope this helps. Karen

It's me again. I was looking at it again and I notice that on days you do like MM or ME the next day you are doing 100 walking lunges. What kind of weight are you using. See, I usually do the weights that Cathe does or heavier so doing walking lunges the next day for me would not be a good idea.I'm not sure if you are using light weights or any weights but if you work your legs out really good one day then i don't think you need the walking lunges the next. Increase your cardio instead. Just a different look at it. Karen

>
>It's me again. I was looking at it again and I notice that on
>days you do like MM or ME the next day you are doing 100
>walking lunges. What kind of weight are you using. See, I
>usually do the weights that Cathe does or heavier so doing
>walking lunges the next day for me would not be a good
>idea.I'm not sure if you are using light weights or any
>weights but if you work your legs out really good one day then
>i don't think you need the walking lunges the next. Increase
>your cardio instead. Just a different look at it. Karen

Actually it is the same day you are doing the walking lunges so I would just eliminate them and increase my run. A lot of cardio never hurt anyone. Plus it will aid in the fat loss you want. Ok now I'm done. Karen

Hi Karen,

Thanks for your input - it certainly helps a lot. I will add in some rest days. I can't afford to get burn out while I'm working toward my goal. That's another reason why I alternate between so many different workouts - I hate getting bored, and I find myself mor emotivated if I have a new or unfamiliar workout scheduled.

Interval runs - These are sort of called tempo runs. You run at a medium pace for about 3 minutes, then pick up the speed so that you can only run at it for 1 minutes, then slow way down to barely a trot for 1 minute and start all over. This usually helps me burn fat and it also helps me get faster at my 5K and 10K times. Plus it makes treadmill running less boring. zzzz

Joy

Thanks again Karen. I added the walking lunges because I noticed in Cathe's Lower Body Rotation (last August I think) she had us do 200 walking lunges on a leg day. I can't do 200, I barely squeeze out 100, and I don't use weight. I think I will try it and see how I like it because I want to give freestyle training a try, but you're right, if it gets to feel lik emy muscles are wilted, I'll just up my run.

Thanks again!

>Hi Karen,
>
>Thanks for your input - it certainly helps a lot. I will add
>in some rest days. I can't afford to get burn out while I'm
>working toward my goal. That's another reason why I alternate
>between so many different workouts - I hate getting bored, and
>I find myself mor emotivated if I have a new or unfamiliar
>workout scheduled.
>
>Interval runs - These are sort of called tempo runs. You run
>at a medium pace for about 3 minutes, then pick up the speed
>so that you can only run at it for 1 minutes, then slow way
>down to barely a trot for 1 minute and start all over. This
>usually helps me burn fat and it also helps me get faster at
>my 5K and 10K times. Plus it makes treadmill running less
>boring. zzzz
>
>Joy

Thank you for telling me what an interval run is. i am not a runner and anytime I hear interval anything it usually means I have to get out my weights. Good Luck. No matter what kind of workout you do it great in my opinion. Karen
karenvictoria

Well I'd say your either being easy on yourself, or too hard, depending

Cardio Intervals should only be done twice a week max. As they really wear you out, if done right, and you do need about 3 days to recover.

You should never work the same muscle group within 48 hours of each other, if you are working to exhaustion, if your over repping then you can do it in 36 hours. But your musces take that long to recover, I know you may not feel it, but your body really is recovering, and your setting yourself up for a tear or injury if you don't play by your bodies rules. The one exception to the rule, is the abs, they are strong enough to take the abuse of being worked 4 or 5 times a week.

So something like this:

Day 1: Interval Day and Deep stretching

Day 2: muscle work and then standard cardio, abs

Day 3 Muscle work on a different body part standard cardio, abs

Day 4: Interval Day and deep Stretch

Day 5: Muscle work from day 1 or 2, or yet a different body part, standard cardio, abs

Day 6: Muscle work from day 1 or 2 or different, standard cardio, abs

Day 7: Muscle work on a different part cardio, abs

Day 8: Interval Day and Deep Stretch

Repeat from day 2.

Hope this helps. Also note you shouldn't do muscle work on an Interval day, as you should really have push your limit and you more or likely should be exhausted by the end of the Interval session, enough so, that lifting weights would be impssible, and even if you wait until the evening it should still be pretty hard, nor should you do it in the evening, you should be letting everything recover as you just made the blood push threw all your muscles so much harder and faster then normal cardio.

Kit

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.