Can anyone recommend a moisurizing lipstick?

LauraMax

Cathlete
I really prefer the matte look but my lips get so dry, esp this time of year, so I just use gloss. I've tried a couple of lipsticks, I think from MAC, that felt OK when I put them on but w/in 15 minutes made my lips feel like the Sahara.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a lipstick that FEELS like a gloss but will give me color w/minimum shine? Help!

LauraMax,

I love Revlon, it keeps my lips moist and it lasts until I wipe my lips. I also like the matte look. I tried MAC because I loved sone of the colors, but it dried my lips.

Josie

MAC lipsticks do dry your lips out

I like Revlon, but I mainly use Loreal. My days of expensive chanel lipsticks are over, as the economy is not good.

Hi LauraMax,

I wear Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick #740. In the winter I use Carmex under the lipstick and I also line my lips. It lasts until I wipe it off :)

Josie

Sephora carries a Josie Maran product that I like. I also like Clinque's Lip Butter and Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer.

I never wear lipstick. These products give me all the color I want with the moisturizing feel I'm looking for.

Lisa

Laura, do you drink enough water? Dry lips are a sign of dehydration. I know it's winter and we do tend to get drier during the winter months, but I always had terribly dry lips. Once I started consuming the proper amount of water, my lips improved greatly. I use Jane Iredale lip gloss and I use Gabriel brand lipstick, as I try to avoid cosmetics made with harsh and toxic chemicals. Link for the Gabriel Lipstick. I purchase it at a local whole foods store. The Jane Iredale I buy online. HTH

Another vote for Revlon's Lip Butter. I used to use a great lipstickby Origins - their Rain or Shine line of lipstick - but now with 3 kids it's too expensive. The Revlon stuff fit what I needed. I think I have 6 colors!

Thanks ladies. I'll try the lip butter for sure.

No point in using expensive makeup. I read Paula Begoun--they're all pretty much the same. Now I just read ingredients instead of breaking the bank. :)

Hi LauraMax,

I wear Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick #740. In the winter I use Carmex under the lipstick and I also line my lips. It lasts until I wipe it off :)

Josie

I have tried many brands till I got into this habit of applying a lip balm (carmex and other brand) before and/or after the lipstick.

Some do dry my lips other do not.

I haven't bought it for a while, but I like to wear lipstick and i like Lancome lipstick - you can get it at Macy's cosmetic area - there is a moisturing lipstick and it really makes your lips feel nice. I think the lipsticks cost $18.50.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.