CABs and Abs - Monday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
Hola, CABs and Absers! Monday again. Yippee.

Today’s supposed to be a yoga day, but I gotta get out there and run to make up for the two I missed this weekend. I also blew off Jari Love yesterday, but I have no desire to make that one up. So, I’ll head out soon. Then it’s off to school to do a little work in my classroom.

Angie :: Glad Cody enjoyed the camp. This was the writing camp, right? I think that would be a great idea for my district to consider…Yes, I thought you of you re: the iPods, and that it’s a good thing you’ve waited. I might need to upgrade to a Video, too!!!!…The good thing about Apple is that they always make their products simple and user-friendly. We’ll figure it out, I’m sure…There is a group cheetah photo taken outside the diner that makes me just *cringe.* Everyone else looks good – and granted, they are all thinner than me, for sure – but somehow, it’s a very UNFLATTERING shot of me, and I really feel like an OX standing next to all of them. Ack!! It’s the kind of pic that makes you go Honey, maybe you ain’t makin’ the kind of progress you THINK you’ve been making. Oh well. Better lay off the sausage and home fries next time. *lol*

Diana :: sorry about the lack of sleep…glad you scored a few items for yourself during the shopping trip.

Nancy :: Sounds like the perfect weekend on LBI. We vacationed there a couple of times when I was little. I loved the waterslide that was/is built into a hill. I don't know if it's still there.

Wendy :: did you hit any traffic on the Turnpike?

OK, I have to get moving and get out there while it's still early.

~Cathy http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/4.gif

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Good Morning Cathy, Angie, Laura, Diana and Nancy!

I remembered everyone, didn't I? :eek:

I know Laura is on vacation though. Hope she's havin' a blast! Sorry I haven't been around much. I actually get into moods where I'm either not on the PC as much or just don't feel like posting as much. Hard to believe, isn't it!? :p

Angie had asked me in a previous post how the HM training was going. Well it's hard to tell as today is only day 1 of week 2. There are 15 weeks until the HM and therefore that many weeks in my training plan!:eek: My friend and I did our first "long (outdoor) walk/run" on Sunday. It was only 5 miles. It went well.

Cathy: Nope, no traffic y'day. Thank goodness! LOL Thanks for getting me to the TP. It was actually so easy that I would have been okay by myself but this way I didn't have to worry about it at all. :) I can't thank you enough for this weekend! It was soooo nice of you to cart my butt around while I was down there. I had a great time. You are a really great person. You mentioned in the Cheetah thread that it's too bad we don't live closer and you are right. It'd be nice to be close enough so we could hang out more often.

Diana: So have you tried that Jari vid you were nervous about? I know you were worried about it being like SS. It's nothing like it! LOL

So yesterday was a rest day thank goodness! I was sooo tired when I got home from hangin' with Cathy and crashin' the RT!:7 I can't imagine how the RT'ers feel since what I did was NOTHIN' compared to their schedule! YIKES!:eek:

Alrighty, well I have only a little bit o' time before I'm going to be getting the little one out of bed so I must go check out the rest of the forums now.

BBL!:+

Hi Ladies,

I did GS Chest & Triceps this morning and did really good with all the pushups!

Cathy-I definitely see heavy lifting in your future. I've been at the school while the teachers are unpacking, setting up bookcases etc. My kids go back to school on the 27th and 28th. I'm looking forward to it, but they're not. How cool that you and Wendy got to meet with Cathe and the roadtrippers.

Wendy-I haven't done Ripped to the Core or Slim and Lean yet. I'm happy to hear they are not like the SS. Do you mind sharing your HM training plan? I couldn't believe that Sarah's (imafitnessfreak) marathon training only consisted of 3 days of running per week. It obviously works since she's training for her 3rd (I think) marathon.

Nancy-It seems like you've taken full advantage of your summer with your many mini vacations. Sounds like a great way to spend the summer. When do you go back to school?

Angie-What are you up to today?

Diana

Hey girls -

We're home!

Diana - Yes, it's been a fortunate summer for vacations. I think we've been out as much as we've been home this summer. We also have the house for the month of September, if we want it. We'll probably use it on nice weather weekends. I go back to work on August 27th - ugghhh!!!! - two weeks from today. The children don't show up until Sept 4th. I'm going to do chest and triceps now too.

Cathy - What rotation are you following? I'm going to be doing Pure Strength and walking until the new series comes out. I've been seeing good results with this workout. It's new to me as I ordered it when I preordered the new one.

Wendy - It was so nice that you met up with the RTers. I bet it was a blast. Cathe looks beautiful in all of those pics. Actually, everyone does. It's nice to put faces on the people you see posting. I hear ya on the posting....sometimes I read the forums for hours and other days I don't go near them. And some days I feel like posting but, honestly, mostly days I don't. Unless I feel like I have something really good to add, I feel like nobody wants to hear silly stuff.

Okay, I'm off to read about the RTers and their fun and off to exercise and shower. We drove home from LBI this morning in our pajamas!!!!

Nancy

Hi again, I forgot to mention that my lower body is very sore today from B&G and all the kickboxing I did yesterday. At least I know I was working hard. Maybe bootcamp will help work out some of the soreness.

I already had it in my schedule to work from home on Wednesday for DS school registration, well I've now been included in 2 very important project kickoff meetings that day. They can see on my calendar that I will be out of the office. I want a job that I can fit around my workout schedule. When I figure out what that is I'll let you all know:)

Nancy-It seems like your school year lasted much longer than ours. I figured you didn't have to go back until mid Sep. Make the most of the next 2 weeks:) I like the PS series, have fun with it.

Diana

Hi Gals.

I took DS to the park this morning. It was another hot one here in Jersey. He enjoyed it though. Yesterday DH and I took him down the street to our little local boardwalk and put him on a few rides around 5pm. OMG it was HOT! After that we came home and ate subs for dinner.:9

I just finished Low Impact Circuit. Great work out! I'm pooped!}(

Diana, here's my HM training plan but keep in mind I am planning to run/walk it and my goal is not speed but simply to finish in 1 piece!;-)

M: F/B circuit work out or 40 min TM run/walk
T: TM run 30-45 mins
W: endurance weight work out (either U/B or F/B)
R: TM run 30-45 mins
F: endurance weight work out (either U/B or F/B)
S: off
S: out door run/walk (distance increases take place here)

Nancy, Driving home from LBI in your pj's? How cute!:)

Okay, I've gotta get movin'! Lots to do and it's already close to 4pm! I swear I don't know where the time goes!:eek:

BBL!

Hi, ladies :)

Was sidelined this afternoon by another migraine (had the last one 3 wks. ago - they NEVER happen this often, what gives??) right after my midday chiro adjustment, so I napped some and am happy to say I feel almost back to normal.

Nancy :: I am doing a variation of the Aug. 04 Fat Loss/Leg & Glute rotation (second round of it). I love it. I noticed today that I am starting to develop a little bit of that horseshoe muscle on the quad...Smiling about you driving home in your PJs...wow, you do go back to school soon, don't you?

Diana :: Sorry about the scheduling snafus at work. *lol* Work *does* get in the way of our workouts, doesn't it? I love my job but feel the same way sometimes...oh yeah, setting up the room is usually a sweatfest...I had to move the world's heaviest desk, arranged all the other furniture, cleaned surfaces, and unpacked a few of the boxes. I couldn't stay long b/c of the chiro, though, so I will drop off a bookshelf tomorrow (my $15 Target score!) after tutoring and will try to do some more setup. Maybe get the bulletin boards done.

Wendy :: you're very welcome ~ it was fun to hang, and I'm sure some night we could get into serious trouble! :) And yes, it *did* get super HOT again, didn't it?

OK, I'm going to get showered up and then meet some friends in a bit. Have a great night!

"Out on the roads there is fitness and self-discovery and the persons we were destined to be." -George Sheehan

Cathy:

Sounds like you got a lot done at school despite your time restrictions today. How was the chiro appointment? Have you considered keeping a journal in regards to your migrains? You could write down everything that you ate, drank and did prior to it coming on. That might help you figure out what is causing them. Your idea about us getting into serious trouble one night sounds like a great plan to me!}( We will have to plan an overnight down by you or up by me to seriously rock out, girl! How does that sound to you? :)

Sounds GREAT! :D

Good idea about the journal. I usually record when I get them, but I have never recorded food/drink. I just hope this isn't a new pattern. I was OK with getting them a handful of times a year - I can deal with that, but every 3 weeks would NOT be cool.

The chiro was good after moving all that heavy junk! But I thought it was weird to get the migraine after. She has told me that headaches may be connected to the spine being out of alignment, so shouldn't the adjustments PREVENT them? *lol*

We were also talking about dating and meeting men and she suggested I go to church to meet a nice Christian guy. *lol*

Hi everyone

Cameron had his first soccer game of the season today and he was really happy that they won. It sure is fun watching the game but it sure does make for a long day! Cody's first football game is Sunday and we won't even be here. Gma will have to take him because DH and I will be at the nascar race. I feel bad that we are going to miss it.:-(

I did CST and ARX when I got home and my upper body was shaking. I had a protein shake after the w/o, which is something I haven't done in a while. I really think I need to get back to doing that when I do heavy weight work. I think I have PlyoX on tap for tomorrow.

Yesterday we got the 5th wheel ready to go and the garage cleaned. Tomorrow I need to get the laundry done, get the kids packed, and the house up to snuff so that Wednesday won't be too hectic since we have another soccer game. I do, however, get to sleep in tomorrow, which I am sooo totally looking forward to. :) :)

Cathy - So sorry to hear that your migranes are becoming more frequent. I too thought that maybe a food related thing? Whatever it is, I hope you get it figured out. My BIL gets migranes if he drinks anything with "fake" sugar in it. But, I know the triggers are different for everyone.
Yes, Cody went to writing camp. That would be a wonderful idea for a school to host such an event. A local author in the area sponsored this camp and he loved it. He wants to go again next year already.;-)
Sorry to hear the photos didn't turn out like you wanted them to. I take bad pics too and hate it! There are very few pics of myself that I like and I don't get my pic taken very often. :D But then again, I know we are our own worst critics. This weekend I'm taking lots of cameras and I'm gonna use them!;-)
It must feel great to get your workout done first thing in the morning. I wish I was a morning person like you are. Do you also workout early in the morning when school is in session too?

Wendy - So you crashed the RT?:eek: What a great idea! *lol* I wish I lived close enough to be able to do that. It looked like so much fun.
With the late game tonight we had subs tonight too. The weather here was cold though. I had jeans on and a short sleeve shirt and I had goose bumps on my arms. It was windy and cool for sure. DH was wearing shorts and he was freezing. I love the feeling of fall in the air. We got home and put on a pot of tomato soup to warm up.

Diana - GS C&T is tough. I can't use any of my GS workouts right now b/c VCR won't work anymore and all my GS's are VHS. I just bought it a couple of months ago so I'm pretty pi$$ed. I'm gonna take a closer look at it tomorrow to see if I can get it to work.

Nancy - I can't believe you're back to school before labor day. Didn't you go until late June? We got out early June and don't go back until after Labor day.
Are your PS workouts DVD? If so, do you get premixes with them? That would be cool. My PS workouts are all VHS:(

Chat with you all later girls

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.