CABs & Abs (why not?) -- Wednesday

RunninTeach

Cathlete
OK, I waited for someone else to start the thread today, but everyone must be in hiding. I'm testing out CABs and Abs -- if we don't like it so much, we change it! :) No biggie. Hope no one minds the experiment.

I have not worked out yet today, but when I do, it'll be Spreen's k'boxing. I did schoolwork this morning and then hit the mall to do a return and shop a bit and then I, um, went through McD's drive-thru. ACK! Was craving a burger. Now I'm thinkin' a nap. Oh man, I will miss this relaxed speed in just a few short weeks.

Nancy :: to answer your question, a CAB is our discreet abbreviation -- introduced to us by our Laura -- for "cold adult beverage." Naturally, we only refer to this in plural }( ; hence, CABs.

What's everyone else up to today?

Have a great one!

Hi Ladies,

Everyone must be busy today. I did lowmax this morning and went to WW at lunch. I was up 1lb and am thinking of switching to the core plan for a week and see if that makes a difference. I've been hovering around the same weight so maybe this change will work.

Cathy-I'm all for Cabs and Abs. How do you like the kickbox workout. It it the absolute kickbox? A fellow Catheite friend let me borrow it from her and I love it.

Angie-one of my coworkers is going to send some make ahead and freeze dinner recipes that I would be happy to share with you. If you want you can PM me your email address.

Wendy-Have you done the RTTC workouts by Jari Love? Can you give us any feedback if you have please.

Laura-must be stuck in the asylum today. What torture do you have planned for your class tonight?

Nancy-what are you up to today?

Diana

Good Afternoon Ladies.

Cathy: You were waiting for one of us to start this thread and I was waiting for you to start this thread!:7 I like Cabs and Abs. I think it's original!:) Have fun with the new kb work out! The thought of being able to kick back a bit over the summer certainly sounds appealing. ENJOY IT! I know you work your butt off during the school year.

Diana: I have Ripped, Ripped To The Core, Slim and Lean and Ripped 1000. Ripped is an intermediate full body endurance work out. Ripped to the Core is an advanced compound exercise full body endurance work out. Slim and Lean is an advanced full body endurance work out and Ripped 1000 is an advanced circuit work out utilizing compound exercises (I think-I only did 1000 once and that was ages ago now! LOL) Anyway, my personal fave of the bunch is Slim and Lean. TOUGH! Ripped to the Core is tough too but I have a hard time finding the proper weight for alot of the exercises.

I did Cardio Sculpt Express and 6 Minute Abs today. Short and sweet. :)

Have a great evening everyone!

I like CABS and ABS alot. I could go for a CAB right now. It's miserable out there.

Well, we had to go back to Manhattan today because the housing office made a mistake on my DD room and had her housed with two guys. It really worked out in our favor though because she's now housed in a beautiful apartment only two blocks from the law school -previously she had to walk about 9 blocks - so we're really excited about the new place. But....it's hot out there!!!!!!! Her final move in is on Friday so we're going to be busy for the next few days getting things in order.

Cathy - thanks for the info. I hear ya on this relaxed feeling of summer. I go back on Aug. 27 for a week of seminars and stuff which I hate. Actual school starts the day after labor day this year which is early for us.

Diana - I'd love a copy of those recipes also. I'm a recipe/diet hoarder (sp?)....now all I have to do is follow them, lol. I'll PM you my email address and keep my fingers crossed that you don't mind.

Wendy - what's the temp by you? I know we're really close. I live on the other side of the Outerbridge - literally under five minutes and I'm in New Jersey. So although I live in NYC I consider myself a Jersey girl. I do most of my shopping there, my BF lives there as does my only brother, I buy all my gas there, etc. You get the picture. Matter of fact, Manhattan is closer to us through Jersey so that's the way we travel in.

Okay, have a good night. I'm going to workout now and what's for dinner - - "I don't know". I love that line when Cathe uses it in Pure strength when she's doing shrugs..............

Nancy

Diana :: I liked it a lot the first time I tried it a few months ago, but I didn't feel it as much then since I had to abandon the 18 lb. body bar (ha! what was I thinking???) and use only a broom. This time I went for the unloaded barbell, and wow, did I feel it. I'm sure my core is going to be sore tomorrow.

Wendy :: This was actually not a new workout (see above) but only the 2nd time I've done it. Today confirmed my 1st impressions: two thumbs up. :) I prefer the way Cathe chapters her DVDs, but I do like Spreen a lot--her cuing and personality are great, and I like the fact that it's different with the combat drills. I went to pick up my glass of water at one point and my hands were shaking...Believe it or not, I have been working pretty much nonstop through the summer, just at a more relaxed pace than usual. It's going to be a busy & challenging year, so I haven't felt much like I can rest. I am really becoming concerned about getting certain things done by September. I need to RELAX.

Nancy :: that's great that DD's in an even better apartment now...a CAB sounds good to me, too, but I've eaten junky today, so I will refrain...I know what you mean about the in-service days. We start the day after Labor Day, but the kids don't start til Thursday.

Hi to Angie & Laura!

Hello all

Wow - has this week been crazy or what?? I sooooo didn't want to get up this morning. The X workouts have been kicking my butt and giving me DOMS and it's like heaven going to bed but a total pain to get up in the morning.x( My low abs and lats are still sore. Then I got home today and did the X S&A and ARX. So, tomorrow I should have DOMS on top of DOMS.:7 I have Cathe Stretchmax tomorrow though so that should help - I have to take the wrapper off it - never have used that one yet.:eek: I'm subbing this week for YogaX so that I don't have to do yogaX EVERY single week.

Diana - Thanks for sharing the receipes. I'll PM you my email and that would be great if you could send them.:9
BTW, how's your back today?

Wendy - So are you guys all back into your pre-vacation routine? Sounds like your workouts are back on track. How's the HM training going? Have you convinced anyone else to take the plunge with you?

Cathy - I hear you about the split rountine and several showers.x( I understand that it is best to split workouts thru the day, but I just can't manage to do that. Time just doesn't allow for it, especially with the extra clean up time.
RT on a cruise ship....YES! What an excellent idea. There'd be CABs and ABs for everyone.:) Sign me up!!! Actually, I think that would be a great suggestion for SNM and Cathe.
Where did you get your new workout? It is a lot of cardio or does it do a lot of weights too?

Nancy - Sorry to hear about the extra move but glad that it all worked out well.:) Glad it's not as hot here in Michigan. I'm not a fan of hot, humid weather either! I like the fall and winter and spring and when it's like this, I could easily skip summer.
So, you collect recipes huh? Do you happen to have a good potluck dish that you could share? I always do taco salad or green bean casserole or a dessert. I'm in a potluck rut...lol.;-)

Laura - Did you head off to vacation early?;-) Maybe you're doing the kicka$$ class tonight.

I better get outta here and go pick up DS from football practice. Tomorrow morning I have to drop him off at camp and grandma wants other DS to come over for the day so she can take him to the fair.:) BLISS is on the way - lol. I really need to go back to work and catch up on some paperwork or come home and clean out the trailer to pack it for the races next week. I guess I'll figure it out tomorrow.

Have a teriffic night ladies:)

Angie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.