-/-/-/-c-t-thursday-/-/-/-

angie_mitchell

Cathlete
Morning girls,

Quick start to our day - I have house cleaning to do before Mom comes tomorrow!

Did SJP step only this morning (about 25 min) and it was the perfect amount for my lungs. Not sure I could have handled much more.

Hope everyone has a happy/clean/thursday!

XOXOXOXOXO

Grace and peace y'all! :cool:

Angie, how exciting that your mama is coming tomorrow! WTG on the workout - I bet 25 minutes was just enough! I hope it helps you feel better and not worse. And good luck with cleanMAX - bonus calorie burn!

My eating yesterday was atrocious - not one fruit or vegetable, NONE. And I feel it today. Today will be better I am determined - I feel gross after all those carbs!

Today's WO is a run - I am going to attempt some speed work for the first time since my injury. This may be the real test...

angie, good job on the wo! it took me a long time to accept that every wo doesnt have to be an imax. how long is mom stying?

katie, i hope the run goes well! no=pain vibes comin atcha! ~~~~~
shake off yday - get your menu planned up for the day and yoy'll bounce back fst. and drink your water!:D

=

isabel was claiming a sore throat too last night (couldve been for attn tho), mike has one, and mine is dry. hoping it doesnt progress! i wanted ic soooo bad ;ast night - had cherries instead!:D

wo will be l&g....and abs! cs somewhere in the day too:)

steph, do you have any of the cs's sahra is in? i loooooove them!

good morning! i am feeling refreshed and ready to tackle my day. and sore! i did b and g standing yesterday after a long run and i was tight this am. did 10 miles, and i am ready to go. this heat is tough though. mil leaves today - i am sad and happy. she has been a help, at least once dh got down here. now aidan will be underfoot with all the clutter. but, if i can clear a lot away today, things will be better. i am also smack in the middle of fd btwn my parents. i am not talking to either right now b/c it is too stressful. eats are squeaky minus a small fat free vanilla frozen yougart yday.

steph, welcome back. i am nina aka morris. i have 2 boys, 3 and 1, and i recently (5 days ago) moved from maine to florida. i am a veterinarian but not currently employed. love love love to run, but love to lift too.

angie, what is wrong with your lungs? i missed that. how long will your mom be visiting?

katie, be careful. (said in the kindest, most caring way:)) they say speed work is the worst for injuries. i try to do it no more than 1 time a week. i think i was running 2 months after my broken foot before i started it back up .

kate, i really need to try some of your cs. hope you all fell better.

bbl

nina, sorry for the fd....sounds like youre doing well in spite of it all. that cone doesnt sound very cheatesque to me!;):p

Upstairs vacuumed, laundry almost done, need to clean bathrooms and mop floor downstairs and should be pretty well done.

Katie, hope your hip is ok. Take it easy! Keep those eats clean today!

Kate, my mom stays til tuesday then ryan's mom comes and we go to england. pretty crazy couple of weeks. I have a hard time with only 20 min wo but i figure it's better than nothing.

Nina, you sound better today! Glad you're getting your WOs in! I'm impressed! My lungs are fine - just a cold so it's hard to exert much energy!

Chicken and noodles with broth for lunch... bbl!

stilllll nursing:p

angie, all that cleaning is cals getting torched! no worries on the short wo!
soup sounds good! i need to make some!
what are your plans for england? how long will you be there? i was there for a wk and stayed right downtown - awesome!!!

-
my calves are still on fire!!! mike said last night that they even look bigger - yay!!!!
my upper back is sore from bm2 pullovers. cathe does NOT use enough weight for most of those exercises!

today we find out the $ of the addition.... im nervous! mike & i were betting last night what its going to come in at.....i hope he wins!:p

Morning again!

Angie, glad the cleaning is almost done!
Kate, how big of an addition are we talking about? I know you mentioned it includes another kitchen:D
Nina, you are making incredible progress on the house! For speedwork, I warmed up for 1.25 m, then did 1.5 m alternating 200 m fast and 200 m slow, then another mile to cool down. Feeling okay so far...

Another super busy day on tap - see y'all later!

Morning!

So I caved to the brownie sundae last night (sorry Kate!) PMS got a stranglehold on me. Eats were good up until then. Back on track today and thankfully the bloat isn't as bad-that's what made me do it-I was really mad that I've been eating pretty well and working out consistently and what did I have to show for it? A gut! Anyway, going antiquing this morning-hope I score some finds. I'll do MIS upper body and abs when I get home this afternoon.

Angie, glad you were able to get a workout in-25 minutes is better than none! Have a great time with your mom!

Katie, nice job on the speedwork. Did you do it on the tm? How do you measure it that way? At least you didn't have a GIANT brownie sundae!

Kate, hope the price isn't too :eek::eek:! You must have crazy endurance to think the weights in BM2 are light! I wish I could get bigger calves! Darrin calls mine "anklves" cause they're so skinny.

Nina, a ff frozen yogurt doesn't count as bad eats! The fact that you can run long distances, move out of state with two kids, and set up house while dealing with a bunch of family issues is a wonder!

Anne, way to go on the run!! You're my hero! I'm hoping I survive the 5k next month. Are you in forthe Cathe road trip? I'll pick you up!

Katie, The addition will have the outer wall to the kitchen/dining come down and extend the house an additional 16 feet. We'll add a second story that will have 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, and a laundry. We'll also add a half bath on the main floor, cause we're plumbers and we like lotsa bathrooms!:D:D:D:p:p:p
Your run sounds great! I need to go out again....

Klaudia, A brownie sundae sounds pretty great!!!
I hate when you don't get the results you're looking for - I'm with you - it makes me more like;y to cave to sweets. GRRRR
Hope you have fun today! Are the girls going too?

Morning clean and tidy ladies!

I can't believe how excited i was to put my garbage out this morning! We have had a garbage strike in Toronto for the last 6 weeks, you can just imagine the smell around here. Little things that amuse me :)

Angie, nice w/o! Its good to know your body, and when enough is enough, i need more of that in my life!

Katie, What injury? How are the salads coming along? You used to crack me up, but i remember you were really kicking butt with that.

Kate, You gave up ice cream? My hero. I'm sorry Mike and the girls aren't feeling well. I still love my CS, but don't have the essentrics with Sahra. She emailed me though..asking if i wanted to go on the weekend trip to Montreal. I wish i had the money to do that. I did buy the house from Christian, so its been tough. Colleen, if you are in Philly, i would love some scrapple :)

Nina, nice to meet you! Nice workout! I guess you read i've got a bit of a nutty dog! Any vet tips for my boston terrier :)

Klaudia, i don't know if i could resist a brownie Sundae either.

Last night i did Imax 2 and Ab ripper X, for old time sake.

I've been playing around a lot with raw food eating. Im going to make cookies this weekend, very easy recipes, just raw oats, dates, and vanilla. I made a raw apple pie a few weeks ago too, its glorious! and raw ice cream.

My eats have been pretty much the same...i'm so predictable.

Have a great day, bbl
Steph

Steph, It's SO GOOD to see you here again!!!
The garbage strike is NAST-YYYYY! Gross!
Oh man, a weekend of CS - I can only imagine how aaaahhhhh you'd feel! I still want to do a week trip in Mexico....but that's def not gonna happen!
Where are you getting your raw recipes from? I have a friend that went raw for a while and said she felt thebest she's ever felt. I eat my veggies raw vs grilled or sauteed when I cook now. Your recipes sound YUM!

Good morning everyone! It is a rainy morning here and I am tired. After my pigout at lunch, I ate a light dinner (maybe too light) so I was hungry this morning. Today was recovery day for Insanity so I did MM since I haven't done weights all week and the recovery disk is just stretching. I will try that on Sunday.

Steph, I am glad the garbage strike is over. I thought of you when I heard about it. How do you like P90X?
Kate, it is tense here at work and people know layoffs are coming. Good job resisting the ice cream last night and I hope you don't get sick.
Nina, you are superwoman. I can't believe you are running, doing weights and unpacking. Last time I moved, I didn't workout for 5 days and I only moved 2 miles away.
Katie, sounds like you are on the mend with your injury. When do you originally start your half marathon training?
Klaudia, sorry you caved last night but I hope it was good. Be patient - your gut will disappear if you keep your eats clean.
Angie, good job getting a short workout in today. You are burning tons of calories cleaning!
Patti, are you going to share your fried rice recipe? It sounds really good.
Robin, did you get your 8 hours of sleep last night?

Morning ladies! I did the leg work from MIS and then Tracey Staehle's Glute Camp. Tomorrow I'll do upper body. Can't wait to start my new rotation. I was going to wait an extra week but am going to start this weekend or Monday. I feel ready!

Colleen: I posted it on FB this morning in my notes section. I do that sometimes with dinner- I eat too light and wake up starving!

Katie: Glad no pain so far- keep us posted and don't push too hard. Like Kate said, drink your water today and move on! I had to after my RT cookie pig out. :D

Nina: That doesn't sound cheat-y to me, amiga. Cheating would be 3 cones. Ha! Sorry about the FD, but probably best if you take a break from talking to them for a bit.

Kate: Oh, an addition! How exciting! LOL at how you are plumbers and like bathrooms. Jeff is itching to redo ours with what he calls a "party shower." :D

Steph: Oh, the raw recipes sound delicious! When you try them will you post? I am a recipe hoarder- totally love trying new things. The raw food thing interests me, although don't know how I would get the family on board. I know how, I'm the cook, they can deal! :p

Klaudia: I love brownie sundaes, totally my weakness. Wait, cookies and cake are too. I'm a sugar addict! I know what you mean about bloat- makes me so frustrated when that happens.

Angie: That sounds like a perfect recovery workout- take it easy. I hate cleaning, though.

Anne: I forgot to congratulate you on your run! Woo hoo! Did you celebrate with a big ole dish of pasta? :eek:

Colleen, MM is hardly a recovery WO! You go girl!:D

Patti, What's your review of Glute Camp? I could be tempted to order!
I would love a huge shower too! LOL @ calling it a party shower!:p

cookies, ice cream, brownie sundaes....oh my word! You ladies are NOT helpin' me today!:eek::eek::eek::p:p:p Thank goodness we have no sweets in the house! Well, other than ice cream, but if I had a jar of cookies right now.....yikes!:p

Kate: It was good- includes a standing and floor work section. I would call it endurance- lots of reps in various counts. The standing work is basic but she does a few different things like "quad shredders" and her own version of jumping firewalkers which is killer. :eek: I liked the floor work- her outer thigh work with the band about KILLED me, seriously. The only thing I didn't like was the inner thigh floor work- some diamond thing that I didn't feel too much. But it's a good purchase and gives a little variety.

I have MIS upper body on the schedule for tomorrow but might also take a look at her upper body workout on there. If so I'll let you know.

Patti, how was the road trip? I need to get caught up around here, but I don't have time today.

Kate, your addition sounds great!

Colleen, I missed your pig out lunch, I'll have to go back and read. I'm about to do that, I didn't eat enough dinner last night either. Oh, well...

Hi, Steph! I'm Anne and I live in mid-Michigan, nor far from Kate and not too far from Klaudia. I work full-time and am about to be single again. I'm moving to a condo soon. I'm glad the garbage strike is over! I spent the weekend in Chicago with folks from Toronto, but I don't know which part. I didn't think to ask that...

Klaudia, any luck? I'm going to have to get some more furniture after I move. I think. I'll have to see.

Katie, how was your run? I hope you're still feeling good.

Angie, how fun to have your mom visit! That's short, though, for the distance.

Nina, how is the moving? I'll read the threads I missed to get caught up. Just stay away from the family drama--you have the perfect excuse, you can't find the phone! I hope unpacking is going well.

Hi, Robin, how's work?

Chicago was way too fun. I can't believe I don't live there. In addition to the race (did I mention I FINISHED a half marathon????!!!), we went to the Art Institute, the Museum of Contemporary Art, on a trolley tour, to a tap show in Millennium Park, to used record stores, shopping on the Magnificent Mile. It was great, we had a blast! I can't wait to go back. And my friend generously invited me to go and stay with her any time I need a break from my messed up life. Isn't that sweet? She and her husband are amazing hosts.

Okay, gotta run to lunch and keep working on getting caught up. bbiab

anne

thanks for the review, patti. looks like i need it!:p
how did the grocery store go the other day?

anne, glad you had so much fun! you deserve it!

-
l&g done! yes!!!! now i get to actually relax tonight!

Hi!
Crazy day at the hospital, but every day kindof is really!

Kate, i like Ani Phyo's website, ton's of raw desserts, very easy stuff!

Colleen, i'm dying to hear about Insanity! I heard CNN had the Toronto garbage strike on.

Patti, nice lower body w/o!

Anne, i'm jealous you live close to the others, i'm so far away! Come to Toronto! Im sorry about the soon to be single part, or maybe its a good thing, i just got divorced this year myself, so if i can offer support, i'm happy too.

I'm thinking MM today, thanks Colleen :) Going to start P90x when the hand gets a bit better.

Okay, home to walk that crazy dog
Steph

Quick drive by...sorry no time. Working in retail is a ....female dog :rolleyes:
I hate watching people shop....and I can't until... later on. What kind of rule it that...we can't shop during our breaks.

Welcome back Steph...we missed you.

BBL

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.