By Special Request: Crazy Sexy Cool Ontarians!

Tonight I did Muscle Max. I was going to try a little cardio after, but didn't because I seem to be low energy today - just not enough sleep, and probably still adjusting to my new nutritional plan. While making dinner, I stepped in cat food (twice!!), dropped about 6 things on the floor, including a carton of raw eggs (for the second day in a row!) and just generally made a mess. I am freezing now; I often am really cold after workouts and I have no idea why. Gonna go cocoon now. Night!

Stepped in cat food? No offense, but that is funny!
I know, I'm a jerk, but you made me chuckle!

I had a meeting that ran late at work so I just sat on my hump tonight and
overate junk food! I hate when I do that, now I feel bloated and full of unhealthy sugar! Oh well, Tomorrow, I have a PT session at the gym and then
my running clininc so I will make up for it then!

Good night all :)

Good morning all,

Morningstar, sorry to hear about your eggs, I go crazy if I have even one cracked shell in my carton when I get home from the store :eek:
As for stepping in cat food :p:p LOL.

Received my gliding disks yesterday so I watched Mindy show me just how much fun I could have with these things. They are more versatile than I thought, looking forward to using them for STS.

Taught my two classes last night, it was fun to teach again, gave it my all.
Every one left pretty sweaty, and still smiling, although there were a lot of groans during the second set of plie squats :p

Hotdogsaregross - can I call you HDAG ? Have a good w/o at the gym with your PT. You'll burn off calories and feel great, go get em :D

Bri :)

Hi all!

Yesterday, I did some more 1RM's getting ready for STS and a little yoga. And today I just finished doing Step Blast. I just LOVE Cathe's step!! Man, she can make you sweat!!

Morningstar: Hope you had a good sleep and no more stepping in cat food.:p

Hdawg: That's so great you have a PT, my Mom has one too and now she looks so buff at 70 years old no less! They can really get you working and keep you focused. Good for you!

Bri: Have you started STS yet? I'm probably starting on Monday.

Elle: You'll be glad to know that I'm not eating anymore cones!! I'm behaving myself!:D

Hi All,

Yes, my PT session went very well. It is costly but not too bad as far as PT go since it is at the Rec centre in my town. My PT is super awesome and very qualifed so I feel it is worthit until my STS arrives.
Customer service replyed to my email today and my order is on its way !!
Probally be a few weeks, I guess via slow mail.

Morningstar, I'm glad you didn't step in any more animal products today (tee hee) I get cold after workouts too. The warm shower is my favorite part!

Twinkletoes, You are so good to start your 1RM. I should get on that. Was it difficult? I am new to Cathe and don't plan on doing complicated step DVD's (boy do they look FUN) for a bit. I am a bit of a clutz so I will get my feet wet first with my High Step kit, Boot Camp and Kick Punch & Crunch (that kinda sounds like a healthy granola bar or something...lol)
You mom sounds like a real inspration! That is how I'd like to be at her age.

Bri: you can call me Mary or HDAG or as Twinkletoes calls me Hdawg (cute)
I bought those gliding disc's from Fitness Source. $20 but they seem to work really well. No video with mine though. I also got an cheep low pile rug to throw on top of my puzzle mats so I can glide easier.

Elle: how are things going? I enjoy reading your blogs.

BTW, is anyone doing the CN Tower climb in April. I have never done it but a friend asked me to do it with her so I think I will. I think that it will be fun and for a good enough cause WWF.

Good night all,
Mary

Just pasting from my blog (gotta go to work!)

Such a wimpy workout this morning! I did Ripped Slim and Lean, used light weights (by my standards) and skipped the lunges (slightly sore knee). I'm glad I "got 'er done", but I think my body is still recovering from the cardio last night (a little Turbo Jam I downloaded to try it out - man, am I uncoordinated! Fists were going in directions they had no business going) and maybe even the Muscle Max from the day before.

I wonder, I usually do Ripped using heavy weights at first, then as the five million reps continue, I work my way down to lighter weights as I fatigue (my lightest weight is still heavier than the men's in the Ripped videos!) I know Ripped is an endurance workout, but when I do it incorporating down pyramids, is it still an endurance workout, or does hypertrophy kick in at some point? Does anyone know?

Oh, and no cat food steppage last night! I also bought the gliding disks, but haven't tried them yet - they kind of scare me. I've never done the CN Tower climb, butcha never know!

I have STS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mail Lady just honked her horn in my snowy driveway!!!!!!!!!
Grabbed DS's big old coat, DD's old boots, they slip on real fast.
My hands were shaking as I signed for the package," new toys?" nice mail Lady asks. Yes I say yes, She laughs. I think she's really starting to get to know me:D.
Ok my heart is racing, I will try not to cut myself opening the box :eek::eek:

I'm sooooooooooo excited will post back later :D:D:D:D

Bri :):):):)

The mail Lady just honked her horn in my snowy driveway!!!!!!!!!
Grabbed DS's big old coat, DD's old boots, they slip on real fast.
My hands were shaking as I signed for the package," new toys?" nice mail Lady asks. Yes I say yes, She laughs. I think she's really starting to get to know me:D.
Ok my heart is racing, I will try not to cut myself opening the box :eek::eek:

I'm sooooooooooo excited will post back later :D:D:D:D

Bri :):):):)

Ack! I just turned green! When did you order yours? I didn't order mine until December...

STS Rocks

Hello every one,

Sorry it took me a while to get back, totally did the pre-veiw thing.
I am in to heavy leg work so I naturally went to optional squat rack work outs #37 and 38. Ok I love them so much, I went and did 37, thank goodness for the nice long breaks. You really do need them if you are lifting heavy enough, plus I can go get water, go to the ladies room with out putting Cathe on pause :p:p I love that:D.
I watched ab circuits the weight and plates work out. That ab section alone is well worth the purchase of the dvd itself. I haven't even seen any of the others but I can only imagine my six pack plus already LOL ;)

Morningstar -- I pre-ordered the first day, and by the date on my box it was sent from Cathe Land 27 December 08.
No duties or customs etc. just had to sign for it, I'm so happy :D:D

Bri :):)

Hi Everyone,
I haven't had a chance to get online for the last couple of days so here's the update:

Monday: DH was not feeling well so he asked me to walk the dogs for him. I took them for a 1/2 hr walk and when i got back i did not feel like doing anything else. I decided to do 4DS LIS Step only premix because it is only 30 minutes and i figured it is better than nothing. It was my first time doing this and i stumbled around trying to figure out some of the moves. Not the best workout but better than nothing i guess.

I really should start watching the DVD's before attempting them but i feel stupid just sitting there watching a workout DVD.

Tuesday: DH had to work late and asked me to walk the dogs when i got home. I really did not feel like doing anything else and decided to watch a movie. So much for February's new habit of not eating in front of the TV. I ended up eating a bunch of junk and that continued into today for some reason.:eek: What is wrong with me?

So that brings us to today: I ate too much junk although i did bring my lunch to work. To compensate for the extra calories i decided not to eat anything else after 5pm until tomorrow morning.

I taught yoga tonight. When i got home i wanted a quick cardio workout but did not want to attempt Tuesday's workout again. I decided to try IMAX 3 step only premix b/c it's only 30 minutes. I've never done this one before so of course i stumbled around in some parts. After that i did a Namaste episode.

Bri: Congrats on getting STS. Have fun doing it.

HDawg:That's awesome that you are working with a PT. Inever did the CN tower climb but i may think about it.

Twinkletoes: Good job on stopping the drumstick love affair. I'm having a really hard time with my food consumption lately but i'm determined to get back on track right now.

Morningstar: I have had my own share of clumsy moments (falling UP stairs!) so i can totally relate to you stepping in cat food twice.:p

I hope the rest of you receive STS soon.
That's it for now.

Elle

so happy for Bri

Ok first off congratulations to Bri... No duties or customs soooooooooo awesome!
I love hearing reviews and am so stoked about that leg workout!

Elle: Don't feel bad, your not alone. The last three weeks havbe been an eating nightmare for me as well. I just seem to be eating endlessly and not that great either. I blame the winter weather. However, there is hope yeasterday i felt stronger to stay on track. With my cathe order on its way I will have not excuses. Hang tough and it is super cool thta you TEACH yoga!!

Morning star: You don't give yourself enough credit. You still worked out and made the effort even though you were still feeling DOMS. I am also very uncoordinated! Did you like Turbo jam? I did a Zumba class a few weeks ago and my fists were flying every-which-way-but-loose too!

Twinkletoes: how are you doing?

Night all :)

Hey guys,

Well, this morning I downloaded a few Cardio Coaches and gave a couple a try today. So I did HIIT walking this morning and this evening, along with regular walking too. All together, about 2 1/4 hours of walking, most of which was the HIIT stuff. I'm sure I looked silly as hell on the street, especially when I was in the middle of a "sprint" and was at a red light! Or how about when I was going really really fast, and then bam! slow slow slow. Anyone watching me would have thought I was a crazy person, I'm sure.

So, right downstairs in my building manager's office is my CLX set. I can see it, I just can't touch it! AND there's a delivery notice from Canada Post, so I'm hoping that is either something else that I have been waiting for or my freakin' STS!!!!!

HDawg, I did like Turbo Jam, and am determined to do it until I can do it well. Dammit, I can dance, so I should be able to do this, right?

Morning star, you are sooooooo funny!
I Love that you were doign HITT training around the streets!
I'll bet some people must have thought you were coo-coo!!!
ROFLMAO :D

Buy who cares right? You go girl!!!;)

Morning star, you are sooooooo funny!
I Love that you were doign HITT training around the streets!
I'll bet some people must have thought you were coo-coo!!!
ROFLMAO :D

Buy who cares right? You go girl!!!;)

Keep your head down, don't make eye contact, and oh yeah, everyone get the hell out of my way!

Everyone still alive? Have you all got your STS and are now too sore to hobble to the computer to post an update?

Hi Everyone,
Just checking in for the week, I haven't done alot of workouts this week, Monday and Wednesday I work part time at Walmart in the pharmacy, so that doesn't get me home until close to 10 or 10:15, so that is a long day for me, my workouts this week have been so far, Body fusion, and Total body sculpting, the double one from the Pre mix section. No snow this week, so I am a happy camper, so tired of it all!!!! Nice day today got a walk in with dh after grocery shopping, hate to do it on a Saturday, but was nice he came with me. Got some new frozen fruit today at Food basics, they have a summer fruit mix with strawberries, peaches, honeydew melon, and cherries, yumm, super good in my shake.

Talk to you all later, have a great weekend

Hi Yall!

Hey Morningstar I'm here! Long time no post. I took Wed. & Thurs off, felt beat. And yesterday I did Low Impact Circuit. That was a blast!:D Oh, yeah and I had a really nice surprise on Wed. when I tried a totally cute purple summer top with front ruffles (all the rage I'm told) and capped sleeves at Mendocino. And, POW:eek: did my arms pop in it! It totally showed off my defined arms and shoulders! I had no idea the improvements I had made on them until I put that top on! Quel surpize!! It makes all that sweat and hard work totally worth the effort!! Thank you Cathe!! Now, I'm just waiting for payday to buy the top.:D Today I did my gym workout for my physio on my legs and back and then did a set of Slim & Lean squats (I did it as plie squats). Will see how my knees take it. Man I miss leg work. Bri, I'm like you I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE weighted leg work and SOOOO miss doing it!! Now your in STS leg work heaven!!:D Oh yes, and Elle you'll be glad to know that I've been drumstick free during the week, but will eat them on the weekends only, cross my fingers. Good for you that you got back on track on Wednesday and with Imax 3 no less!!.

HotDawg: Sounds like a great plan doing the CN Tower climb. I won't be doing it cause I don't have the stamina or the knee health.:confused: But good for you! That sounds like a great plan to start with the less choreographed cardio and High Step, BootCamp and Kickboxing are great choices. Don't think that I'm that great with 1RM's I just did some for biceps, shoulders & chest but then I petered out. I want to try doing some for disk 2 hopefully that will cover alot of the other disks. I'd love to start STS Monday but I kinda like printing those workout cards with my % 1RM's on it but can't do that if I don't do my homework.:eek::p So I'm going to have to get busy or start with Cathe on the 16th. That's probably what I'll do. Will you be starting with Cathe too?

Morningstar: As far as I'm concerned doing Ripped as a down pyramid would definitely incorporate hypertrophy. Especially the way you do it!:p Cross my fingers that it's your STS. Yeah you must look a little coo-coo but all for a good cause, eh!!:p

Elle: It's really good to preview DVD's. I always do especially for step workouts so I can get the choreography down. I'm good at complicated choreography but I do have to study it. I'll even go over & over sections to get the patterning. That's the only way for me. Man you must pick up choreo easily if you just stumbled with Imax3 step portions. I would have broken my neck or just stood in awe had I not previewed!

Bri: Yeah, I'm so glad you got your STS!! Enjoy your previewing. When you come up for air tell us how you enjoyed it. When will you be starting?

Hi everyone,
today I did Low Impact step, my heart rate was really high, hope I am not coming down with something! Hope eveyone has a good week and I will checkin again on Tuesday

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.