Butts and guts or GS legs?

scubagirl

Cathlete
Which would be the better one to purchase? I have PLB, I guess I am looking for a new challenge. Any recommendations? Thanks!

I'm going to say BG. It's in a league of it's own.

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

~What's round on the end and high in the middle? Tell me if you know.~

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

I like Gym Styles much much more because there is such a dread factor with Butts and Guts. I would say that GS is pretty similar to PLB, so I would say go for B&G.

I prefer GS legs over B&G. I just think that it's more thorough. Like Katie said, though, GS Legs is slightly similar to PLB so to change things up you might like B&G. It has great premixes and awesome music too. Hmmmmm....now I want to go do B&G!!! :)

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

I do lower body twice per week and these are my go-to workouts. I actually "dread" Gym Styles much more because it's so tough. GSL does it all and has the best calf workout ever. Cathe even hits the front of the calf. I thought I wasn't really accomplishing anything with that when, lo and behold, I started seeing some front calf shape! On the other hand, B&G hits the sides of your butt cheeks - which I need and also haven't seen anywhere else. If you can get both and alternate them you can hit everything. But if you have to choose, get GSL because a more thorough lower body workout has never been made. You can always find exercises to hit the sides of your butt cheeks and tack them on. Still, I love doing both every week because I like variety and know I've hit EVERYTHING. I'm anxious to try Slow and Heavy, The Pyramids and, of course, can't wait for STS, though.

ITA w/ SirenSong.... To me you have to compare apples to apples to say "Which one" - these are 2 totally different workouts - If you cant get both then you need to decide what your lower goal is & go from there.

I have both and use both but B&G is way tougher hands down IMO. It just has more of the burn factor all the way through it. I did GS legs yesterday and I guess I must be one of the few that doesn't feel it's that hard, I have to put on ankle weights and hold a 25lb db when doing calfs (sp) to feel any kind of burn. It's still a great workout and hits the legs in all angles but if you really want to feel the burn, get B&G.

Annette

>I have both and use both but B&G is way tougher hands down
>IMO. It just has more of the burn factor all the way through
>it. I did GS legs yesterday and I guess I must be one of the
>few that doesn't feel it's that hard, I have to put on ankle
>weights and hold a 25lb db when doing calfs (sp) to feel any
>kind of burn. It's still a great workout and hits the legs in
>all angles but if you really want to feel the burn, get B&G.
>
>Annette

Wow. GSL KILLS me. B&G hurts me in a different way. I haven't used ankle weights yet with that. I am very impressed with you, Annette. That calf work nearly cripples me. I still think it's good to alternate both, though, because they're both soooo different.

>>I have both and use both but B&G is way tougher hands down
>>IMO. It just has more of the burn factor all the way
>through
>>it. I did GS legs yesterday and I guess I must be one of
>the
>>few that doesn't feel it's that hard, I have to put on ankle
>>weights and hold a 25lb db when doing calfs (sp) to feel any
>>kind of burn. It's still a great workout and hits the legs
>in
>>all angles but if you really want to feel the burn, get B&G.
>>
>>Annette
>
>Wow. GSL KILLS me. B&G hurts me in a different way. I
>haven't used ankle weights yet with that. I am very impressed
>with you, Annette. That calf work nearly cripples me. I
>still think it's good to alternate both, though, because
>they're both soooo different.

-I think it's because I've been going to the gym for so many years and have always worked my calf's pretty hard when I'm there. The one exercise that is tough for me are those slow lunges at the end. By the fourth one it takes every ounce of energy to make it through, OUCHIE!

Annette

Oh my God!!! I did this Work Out today and I can hardly sit down, my butt is so sore and my legs are still pulsating. It is great but tough, I recommend this one. I just started working out with Cathe so I don't have the other one. :)

>Oh my God!!! I did this Work Out today and I can hardly sit
>down, my butt is so sore and my legs are still pulsating. It
>is great but tough, I recommend this one. I just started
>working out with Cathe so I don't have the other one. :)

IMO, it's Cathe's toughest lower body work out YET. Will have to wait to see how STS is. :7

*♥´¨)
¸ .• ♥ ´¸.•*♥´¨) ¸.♥•*¨)
(¸.•♥´ (¸ ;.♥•Jennie•♥

Smoke free since: 2/05/08

I think I am writing to say thank you??? I just finished B$G, just the leg premix as that was all I had time for today. WOW is about all I can say... I'm not quite sure I'll make it up the stairs for bed tonite!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.