Building muscle with total body weight workouts?

jennifermaria

Cathlete
Hi Cathe,

Happy New Year! :)

I am training for a marathon right now and because of my training schedule, I can't do split workouts right now. I know you typically recommend those to get really great results for muscle building, but I was wondering if it's possible to build muscle from total body workouts as well, provided I'm using heavy enough weights to really work the muscles?

If so, could you please suggest which ones of your DVDs (I have pretty much all of them :)) would be best to use during my training? Or if you recommend doing my own strength workouts, how many number of exercises/sets/reps per body part would you recommend, if I can do only strength training 2 days a week?

Thanks so much in advance!

Jennifer

Last edited:
Hi Jennifer! I think Muscle Max two times per week (non-consecutively) will be perfect. Good luck with your marathon :)

Hi Cathe,

Happy New Year! :)

I am training for a marathon right now and because of my training schedule, I can't do split workouts right now. I know you typically recommend those to get really great results for muscle building, but I was wondering if it's possible to build muscle from total body workouts as well, provided I'm using heavy enough weights to really work the muscles?

If so, could you please suggest which ones of your DVDs (I have pretty much all of them :)) would be best to use during my training? Or if you recommend doing my own strength workouts, how many number of exercises/sets/reps per body part would you recommend, if I can do only strength training 2 days a week?

Thanks so much in advance!

Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.