BUFF BADGERS 2/26 - 3/2

Karen, Yes I was thinking of doing a total body on the recovery weeks. That is what CoreSyn is like. So I figured on the fourth week I could sub CoreSyn for a circuit or total body. Glad you could get out in the snow shoes again. We used to do orienteering in snowshoes when I was in high school. That was the best time. Trudging through the snow with a clip board and compass, looking for a bleach bottle with a message inside from our teacher. :D

Laurie

Laurie - I didn't know Core Syn was total body. Guess I assumed from the title that it was core only. Orienteering on snowshoes - fun! We never got to do fun stuff like that in school. (whine, whine ;-) )

Karen - Oh, my you guys are really going to get dumped on with the snow. Glad we're not getting all that. My arms and wrists are just starting to recover.

Susan - I wanted to do Cardio Kicks on Tuesday but the arms were too sore. I'll have to do that one soon.

Did Power Hour this morning. Like I said, arms and wrists are still a little sore so couldn't lift any heavy weights this morning but hadn't done any upper body in a week (unless you count snow shoveling).

Thinking of starting P90X on Sunday. At least that's the latest thinking. I could change my mind between now and then. ;)

Sue

Laurie, thats so cool you got to do fun things like that in school. Where did you go to high school? I am sort of copying your rotation. By the way does core syn have weight work in it? I am guessing not but was just checking with you so I don't have to watch it.

Sue, power hour is a tough workout when you are feeling good and you did it with sore writs. Yikes!! Go for the X, you will love it. I love the workouts but rotate them every 2 weeks and then do circuits, total body or other things then go back. It doesn't take long for muscle to come with the X. Tony cracks me up. I couldn't do those workouts for 90 days straight though.

Susan, Do you like kickboxing? You seem to do it a lot. I know Laurie does. I am learning to like it more than I did. Thanks to Cathe's KPC.

Talk later.

Laurie, I was just over at the P90X check in and I love your pictures of your family. I had never seen any of them. They are beautiful. Glad I got a chance to see them. I am wondering what all you gals in Wis. look like. Curiousity is getting the better of me.

Sue & Karen, CoreSyn is more core, but he does throw in some non weighted movements in there. Actually some of the people use weights. I usually follow the non weighted routine.

Laurie

Edited to add, the second review gives a very good detail of what the exercies in CoreSyn are like. Can you tell I don't have a lot of work to do today!

http://videofitness.com/reviews/horton-p90x-cs.php

Yes, I love Kickboxing! It makes me feel "tough"!;-)

It's nice to see pictures of you pretty, Buff Badgers!

Take care- Susan

I don't know how to put pictures on this. If you would like to tell me I would be glad to oblige. I can ask my DH, but I don't know if he would know either. If you can give me any help, let me know.

I've never tried this myself but I'm pretty sure you can take a digital picture and just copy/paste it into a posting. Otherwise, you can create a Picturetrail and there have been threads describing how to do that. If you have trouble, just yell. I'm sure one of us can figure it out. :)

Sue

I set up a free account on www.picturetrail.com. Then they give you a web address to allow people to view your album. You enter that on your "profile" page under where it says signature, if I remember correctly!

It is really easy to set up and load pictures. I like it cause my parents that live far away are able to see new pictures of the Grandkids.

Hope this helps! Susan

3/1

Hi there!

Well, so far we only have about 1-2" with more to come this morning. I am hoping for no rain!

Today is Power Hour for me!

Drive safe if you venture out today!

Susan

Hi BB's,

Today I am trying to decide between spinning with cardio coach or plyo X. Then I will do my Caribbean yoga.

We have 4 inches or so, expecting more today and into tonight. Schools all around us are closed. We are the only county open in our area. Not as much shoveling for me though. The kids were bummed they didn't get a snow day. Maybe tomorrow.

My DH got home late last night so I wasn't able to ask him about a picture or picture trail. Maybe I'll call my dad and see if he can do it from his computer.

Have a wonderful day and drive safely.

Morning BB's,

What a miserable drive into work this morning. We had the rain/snow/sleet mix then it changed to really heavy snow. So we where driving to work on ice packed roads. I don't think I drove over 40 MPH the whole way to work. x(

Today will be StretchX for me. I think the first workout I will do when the X is done will be KPC. :D

Sue, Yes, my science teacher in High School was great! Another thing he had us do, was trudge through waist high dirty water to get to a bog. This bog was on a local lake. When we where on the bog he jumped, and the whole thing started moving. Needless to say I was scared out of my skin. I don't even like being in a boat! :D But he made classes interesting.

Susan, Another kickboxing fan! Yipee! I previewed Kimberly Spreens Cardio-Camp workout last night. It looks like it will be just up my alley.

Karen, Yes pictures can be cut/pasted right into the message of the thread, just like Sue said. Thanks for the compliment on the family. My DH is the one who constructs the clothes. I do all the bead work. So I always felt we made a great team. :D

Have a great day!

Laurie

The drive in this morning was terrible! My normal 35 minute commute took 70 minutes. At first we had rain/sleet and then it changed over to snow. Thank goodness my traction control is working again because I needed it this morning. Didn't have enough time to help shovel this morning but DH took care of it before he left for work. Looked like 2 inches or so. March is definitely coming in like a lion this year.

Laurie - I can imagine some people (girls mostly) didn't appreciate having to trudge thru dirty water! LOL Sounds like a cool teacher.

Hi, Karen and Susan!

Did Cardio Kicks this morning. (Thanks for giving me the idea, Susan ;-) )

Have a marvelous day everyone.

Sue

Glad I could help Sue! ;)

I was going to do PH today but since the kids got out of school early and I got off work, I am going to do Max. Intensity Strength instead, with a jump roping warm up!

Drive safely! Susan

I tried cut and paste, couldn't get it to work. My DD14 also tried. I'll enlist the help of DH later tonight if he gets home at a decent time tonight. Kids got let out early today. They were home by 1:00. Drive carefully. It sounds like you got some messy weather down that way.

Ladies - thanks for your input. You were indeed helpful. I do appreciate and I'll keep you posted on my progress as I get closer to moving home. Thanks, again!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.