BUFF BADGERS 2/15-2/19

lvnascar

Cathlete
Morning BB's,

Started my first Insanity workout by doing the fit test. That is one great little workout. :D I also did CTX Chest & MIS Chest (got to finally use my Cathe tower). Saturday I got in my last GW28K run, and it sure was nice to get outside to run. Went a different way, and managed to run up some big hills. Why do we have to have so many around us. :rolleyes: Sunday was a rest day, and I spent almost the whole day watching the Daytona 500. During the red flag part, I did get some dishes washed and floors swept. :D

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Good Morning,

Today I did High and Tight, 40/20 and 4DS bi/tri, then a segment of Stretchmax.

Laurie, glad you liked the Insanity workout. I didn't know you got the tower. How do you like it? Glad you enjoyed your last run in your program. Do you think you will miss running? I decided to work more on weights than cardio for a while. Lost a lot of muscle not doing 1 or 2 body parts.

Hope you all have a great day.

Laurie - Glad you were able to run outside. Good luck with Insanity! I kept seeing the Insanity and P90X infomercials over the weekend and the before and after pictures are amazing! I know diet has a lot to do with it but looking at how hard people are working in those Insanity workouts, I don't know how you couldn't lose weight with those.

Karen - Are you still working and fitting all those workouts in? If so, you are doing amazing.

Did Shred #1 & 2 on Saturday, NMTZ on Sunday and BFBM today. Found out that I've been doing "extra credit" work when it came to Quick Trouble Zones. I was doing circuits 1-4 but repeating them like is done in the original workout. Oh, well. I'm used to doing it that way so will probably stick with it. 10 days left of Jillian's rotation. Tomorrow is rest but the rest of it looks tough! Trying to decide what to do next. Been seeing great resuls with Jillian but I know those workouts almost by heart now. Maybe Barry's Code Red will be next. Hearing a lot about Tonique and BBL but we owe quite a bit to Federal (taxes) this year so not feeling like spending right now.

Have a great night everyone! Snow, snow stay away! Come again in December! :p

My "rest" week is over and today was 30/30 with some abs thrown in. That workout is getting easier :D

Laurie, thought about you when I was listening to the results of the Daytona 500! How do you like the tower?

Karen, it sounds like you have found a good time to work out...you´re getting some good workouts in! Are you getting up early?

Sue, "extra credit" usually helps :)

Are you guys watching the Olympics? We are able to Tivo what we want...love to watch the speed skating, figure skating, luge...hmmmm I guess just about all of it!

Good Morning,

Today I did MMA Fusion. My knees don't like all that pivoting on carpet. I had off yesterday, that's why such a long workout. Otherwise I get 40 min max time to workout because I get up at 5. Don't do well getting up any earlier than that.

Lala, I still haven't tried 30/30. I think Cathe's workouts are harder than Insanity as a whole. We are watching the Olympics too. Love everything.

Sue, are you seeing good results with the Jillian rotation? You would be surprised how well you would do with Insanity. It would be no problem. Tonique sounds tough, but I don't like floorwork very much and I have enough jumping dvds right now. BBL floor work is doable for me. That's about all I can take.

Have a great day.

Good morning all,

Up extra early this morning to open our Town Hall for election this morning. I am thinking that today will be my rest day since I have to run back and forth to the Town Hall pretty much all day. Still doing the Feb. rotation and did the Drill Max Scrambled Cardio Blast premix yesterday. Never had the chance to do that premix before but it was fun.

Looks like everyone is doing great workouts. I have been seeing the Insanity infomercial quite a bit lately and it is tempting...but we need a new roof on the house this spring so I must not be tempted.....:confused:

Hope the snow stays away for a long time...
Hope to have more time to check in tomorrow.
Have a great day everyone.

Cheryl

Good Afternoon BB's,

I was in early to work this morning, and have been attending EHS training all morning. Managed to get in my Plyometric Cardio Circuit, and I don't know if I have ever dripped that much sweat during a workout. :eek: Had to take off my glasses, because I wasn't able to see anything anyway. :D This workout is all simple exercises, but the only time your HR goes down is during the stretch portion about 10 min. into the workout. Tough, but since you can go at your own pace, it is a goal setting DVD. I had to stop to rest toward the end, because I was spent. ;) Tell the truth I almost felt that I wasn't as fit as I should be, until I focused on the TV and saw many other people in the class on their knees trying to catch their breath, JUST LIKE ME! :eek: It will be interesting to go through this rotation to see improvement. ;) Still would like to get CTX Back and MIS Back done after work/grocery shopping, will see how it goes.

Karen, DH gave me the tower for Christmas, and it was nice to just lift the weight off and onto the bar instead of hoisting it. Not that I had that great of weight on the bar (35#), but it could still cause an injury. Can't say that I will miss the running, but after this rotation I'm planning on starting again. Would like to start running in warmer weather for a change. :)

Sue, The workout I did is like Jillian turbo charged. :D It reminded me a little of BFBM, but faster and take out the circuits that make your HR go down. :D I'm planning on following the Nutrition Plan, all the meal combos are very inexpensive and doable.

Lala, Totally happy with the tower, it is easy to adjust. I'm looking forward to another round of STS, so that I can use it more. ;) We have been watching some of the Olympics, but I just can't stand how most of the events are judged. :( Figure Skating is the worst! :mad: The race was actually pretty good despite that red flag.

Cheryl, Should be a busy day for you today. I wouldn't have Insanity if my in-laws hadn't given me money for my Chistmas. :) I might have to show my MIL my abs after this is over with, so she can see what I purchased with her gift. :eek:

Have a great day!

Karen - Yes, I am seeing results with Jillian. My middle has tightened up front and back and when my eating is under control, I've lost weight. I'm at a standstill right now so I have to get serious about my diet again. Way to take advantage of a day off and get an extra long workout in. You can get a lot done in 40 minutes as far as working out.

Cheryl - How did Voting Day go?

Laurie - When I did BFBM the other day I was thinking how grateful I was for those easier circuits. :D I used to workout with my glasses on in the early morning when I first got back into working out 10 years ago but I had the same problem where the glasses were steamed up and sliding down my nose. I remember doing pushups and having my glasses literally slide off my head! Now I wear my contacts. :D It is encouraging to hear that people are gassing out on the Insanity dvds. I'll bet they kept those people in there on purpose cuz they could have edited them out, right? Sounds pretty clever to me. LOL about sending your MIL a picture of your abs!

Rest day today so slept in. Didn't even get up early to shovel the 1/2" of snow in the driveway. I did walk at lunch though. Tomorrow is Shred #2 + Shred #1.

Hi all! Today was STS 15...am doing these a bit out of order due to some time constraints...good thing too, because I can't find disk 13:( Have looked high and low, in other DVD cases...and nowhere....am hoping to find it by Sat when I have it scheduled!

Karen, looked at that BB Brazilian Booty or whatever it's called...does he do different exercises than I can find with Cathe? Actually, right now I have so many DVDs that I probably won't get any more for a while, but curious.

Cheryl, did you have many people voting today? We only had one primary relating to district court.

Sue, gotta love those rest days...well I do!!

Laurie, sounds like some fun workouts...keep the reports coming!

Good Morning,

Today I did Max. Interval Plyometrics and when I get home I will do 4DS back/chest.

Lala, hope you can find your disk. I don't know what it is about BBL, but I have seen a difference in my thighs and butt. It seems like things found in all my Cathe workouts. Haven't quite figured out what the difference is yet. When I do I will let you know. Nice job on your rotation.

Sue, have fun with Shred. Glad you are still getting your walks in. You are right you can get a lot done in 40 min.

Laurie, Plyo cardio circuit is a hard workout. That is the one with all the burpees, pushups and jumps in plank position? I keep forgetting. When I do Cathe, I feel like I have to keep up, with Insanity I just do my own thing. Maybe that's why I think Cathe is just hard. Hope you got your back work in.

Cheryl, how did the turnout for election go? I like the Drillmax premix you did.

Hi Susan, hope you are doing well. Did you enjoy your day off.

Take care.

Good morning everyone,

Election was very slow yesterday - only 19 voters and I was number 19:eek: We only had the 1 primary for District Court so it really seemed like a waste of time. Oh well, my election officials got caught up on all the neighborhood gossip:rolleyes:

I was able to fit in Gym Style Back, Shoulders & Biceps late last night so I don't feel so guilty about taking a rest day today. Again, too many things going on with delivering ballots, getting DD on the bus, teaching Religious Ed this afternoon, making supper, chores, etc....It's a good day for a rest day.

Lala - hope you find your disk before you need it!

Sue - hope you enjoyed your rest day. I'm looking forward to mine:p

Hello to everyone else. More tomorrow...

Cheryl

Morning BB's,

Cardio Power & Resistance is finished, and this one is my favorite so far. :D The warm up was just a little different in exercises, but still the same format. This time Shaun did the circuits for only two minutes and then followed it up with a triceps exercise. The next circuit rounds he starts with a triceps exercise, and then goes into the cardio rounds. He then finishes up with a push-up/run series. On this workout, at least for me, I was able to finish with only a few rest breaks. Less than the last workout. :D Again I had to take off my glasses, because of the sweat!

Sue, Wish I could wear contacts, but they don't make a script that is stong enough for me. :( And getting that dang sweat in my eyes probably would be worse than having nothing. :D That eating thing is so important! Sad to say. :) This program starts at 40-40-20 and then you increase your carbs for the last round. Workouts get harder and longer. I really enjoyed the Shred 2, followed by Shred 1.

Lala, Hope you find that disc, can't imagaine where you should be looking. :confused: I hear ya on the so many DVD's, and they just keep coming out with more new ones. Guess it is a booming market.

Karen, That is what I like about these workouts too, going at my own pace. Probably a good thing that I can't see the TV that well, then I don't worry about keeping up with those other people. I like how Shaun tells some of them to rest.

Cheryl, Wow only 19 people. Sad that people don't think that a district judge is important, well at least not until they have to face that judge.

Have a great day!

Last edited:
Cheryl - Happy Rest Day! :D

Lala - Hope you find your STS Disc. If you're anything like me it'll end up in a goofy place because you got distracted and started doing something else. Have you checked the refrigerator? I've had things end up in there! LOL

Karen - Good point about going at your own pace vs. trying to keep up with Cathe. I do a mix - sometimes I keep up with Cathe, Jillian, whoever and sometimes I go at my own pace. I think since doing P90X and listening to Tony tell us to go at our own pace or pick someone to follow, I've given myself permission to do so as long as I'm working hard.

Did Shred #2 and Shred #1 this morning. It felt a lot harder doing it in this order which is probably why it's scheduled for the last week. Tomorrow is Quick Trouble Zones. Will probably do it the "extra credit" way and then figure out when to get some extra cardio in. Thursdays are an early day for me so I can only do 30-40 min. DD and I leave the house at 6:15 a.m. so she can make it to Jazz Band. :eek:

I'm Here! I'm Here!! Hi gang!!

Well, I kind of had one of those weekends where I did what I wanted (not much) and ate what I felt like (too much) and now am back in action!
Monday was P90X Chest/Back and Ab Ripper. Tuesday was supposed to be Plyometrics but because my calf is still a bit weak I chose to do Cardio Intervals which was a bonus workout from the original P90 program. It was fun and my calf wasn't too upset with me today! Tonight is Shoulders/Arms and Abs. I am really liking P90X and It's fun to see the improvments I make every week on the sheets I got!

Laurie, I am glad to hear you are liking Insanity. I saw the end of the infomercial this morning. I am a big Earnhardt fan so I was happy to see him finish 2nd Sunday!

Karen, you are getting great workouts in! How is the job going?

Sue, glad you are enjoying your Jillian rotation! Having a tighter tummy is always a plus!:)

Hi Lala!
Hi Cheryl!

Got to go workout!! :eek:

Susan

Today was my second time at cardio core circuits...wow! I think that this is the hardest. I thought that there were 6 intervals and was so happy when at interval 5 Cathe said "this is the last one" :D:D

DH thinks my disk 13 might be stuck in the player, although I haven't checked the fridge yet :D We had to get a new TV and with the switch, it may have fallen out of the disk holder. I'll let him take it apart and look!

Susan, you are getting right in there! Glad you calf is so much better...that was a pretty quick recovery:)

Laurie, when you talk about 2 minute circuits is that like a High Intensity? I got sweaty just reading your review! It sounds fun ;) and really tempting for me!

Karen, are you doing other cardio and weights and using BBL for a leg day? How many days a week do you do BBL?

Cheryl, sounds like an "active" rest day!!

Hi,

Today I did Maximum Cardio Conditioning( Insanity).

Lala, I am doing Insanity for most of my cardio and adding in extra upper body weight work when I get time off for early release etc. I try to add on at least two BBL workouts a week. Sometimes I replace a weight day with Sculpt from BBL and then add a Insanity workout. The workouts are pretty short both Insanity and BBL. I haven't done weighted leg work in a while. I think Insanity, some split upper body from Cathe and BBL are a great combination for me. Cardio Core is a tough workout. I do like it though. Hope you find your disk and it is in the player.

Susan, glad you are liking P90X. I am glad your calf is feeling better. The job is fine. Just found out a couple of weeks ago the school is taking over the afternoon preschool in their school and taking it out of the daycare so I will be down to only morning preschool next year. Kind of bummed about that. 3 more hours gone.

Sue, have fun with your extra credit. Hope you got your workout in before you had to get DD to practice.

Laurie, I appreciate it when Shaun tells people to rest too. It doesn't make me feel so bad. I sometimes think I give up to soon, just because I can. It does make the workouts appeal to me because if I don't think I can give my all I just do what I can. Can't do that with Cathe. I won't let her beat me.;)

Have a good day.

Morning BB's,

Got Cardio Recovery finished, CTX Shoulders and MIS Shoulders. Cardio Recovery is really not cardio, but is a yoga/body weight leg/stretch. I think a good thing to have with all the intense work that these DVD's have. :D Felt pretty good on the body.

Sue, My Thursdays are always early, because of getting the dog to her daycare. :eek: She sits by her leash until I start getting ready to go. :D I'm sure you can find a good 30-40 min cardio workout.

Susan, The sheets are a great idea to see how you improve. I really liked that this was the one program that helped me go from push-ups on my knees to going onto my toes. ;)

Lala, Shaun takes a hand full of exercises, and you do each of these exercises once for around 30 sec each and it totals the 2-3 min. Then he gives you a 30 sec break. You do the second circuit with the same exercises, but you go at a faster pace. Another 30 sec. rest, and then you do a third circuit, as fast as you can go. The warm-up is the same way, so you do the warm-up, stretch, and then two rounds of these circuits. Toward the end of the rounds, I'm going as fast as my body can (and to me it isn't that fast :D).

Karen, LOL about not letting Cathe beat you! When I'm doing CTX and MIS, I'm lifting heavier than Cathe is. :eek: I never would have thought I would be at that point when I first started working out with her.

Have a great day!

Laurie - That Insanity workout sounds TOUGH! So exactly how many buckets of sweat are you leaving behind? ;)

Karen - Your rotation sounds like a good one. Nice variety.

Susan - Glad you're enjoying P90X and your calf is better.

Lala - I wouldn't be brave enough to take apart my cd player either. Hopefully that's where it is.

Did 1st 4 circuits of NMTZ this morning and made it out of the house on time. :) Hope to do cardio tonight but probably won't have time. :-( Tomorrow is BFBM.

Morning BB's,

Pure Cardio is a really tough workout, but I absolutely LOVED it! :eek: Shaun started out the workout saying he was scared, then asked us if we where! I said OF COURSE! :D The warm up again was the three rounds each round increasing in speed. When I was stretching Cami came over to lick the sweat off my face. :eek: The next 15 min. of this workout has to be called killer. 15 exercises, each exercise done for 1 min. No breaks, unless you need to, and I can say that I needed to. After that I decided to push CTX Biceps/MIS Biceps to tomorrow. ;) Oh and one thing that Shaun said caught my ear. He said why do you think I work so hard. His answer was that he wanted to look good. And I have to say that I might want to believe that I mostly exercise for my health, but I am going to admit that I really want to look good too. ;)

Tomorrow is Plyo Cardio Circuits and then CTX/MIS Biceps & Triceps. Sunday is my rest day, and I only plan on walking the dog and doing a stretch.

Sue, I think I can fill at least one bucket. Not many workouts can make the sweat run down my legs. Usually in the basement, in the winter, my upper body is the only thing that is wet. :eek:

Have a great weekend.

Hello all,

Super quick post this morning. DD's teacher is coming over this afternoon and I must get things picked up:eek: I wrenched my back Tuesday evening carrying the voting machine down the steps to the basement of our Town Hall. Wednesday was a good day to rest since my musles were reminding me not to carry such a heavy machine AND the ballot box down steps all at the same time!!! It felt better yesterday and I was able to do MMA Fusion with modifications. Feels much better today so I will be doing Gym Style Legs.

OK, gotta jump into the shower and then straighten up this place....

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.