Bringing up the Rear Check-In

I did Get Glutes last night. I was having a strong day and set some new personal records. I have finally hit the 100 pound bench press for 6 reps last night! So excited. That has been my goal for a while now so I guess it is time to make a new goal.

Carolyn So glad you are enjoying your vacation. I completely understand about the moving making you happy. When I go on vacation, I typically bring some no equipment workout DVDs with me and do a few over the week because exercise makes me happy. I did preorder. I am excited to see what Cathe brings this time.

Amanda I would say you definitely found your zone. I am loving my GG workouts. I do think though that I am going to start adding in some more cardio. I have been trying to do a tabata after my workouts twice a week but might bump it up to 3 times starting next week.

Have a great day!

Julie that's awesome!!!! 100 bench way to go!
Yesterday I jogged and did my fastest mile ever, I've not really ever jogged regularly before but since my shoulder injury I have been, anyways I did 8:23 which I was super excited about. Then I did biceps a little abs and yoga.
Tonight I'm doing Zuzka, triceps and glutes.
Have a good weekend.
Hope you had a good trip Carolyn!

Ugh! I ended up getting a bad cold starting Wednesday night lasting through the weekend. I was so exhausted Thursday from not being able to sleep the night before that I had to skip my last Get Glutes workout from Month 10. I was feeling somewhat better Saturday so I started month 11 but I went very light on the weights. After that I did some cleaning and running errands. Sunday I did another Get Glutes but again very light weights. Then it was lazy day the rest of the day. I am still a little congested this morning but hopefully at the end of the cold by now.

Amanda Awesome job on your super fast mile! That is incredible to me. I think a 10 minute mile is fast for me you are blowing my mind. Plus I love you are calling it jogging and I would so totally consider that a run not a jog!

Carolyn I hope you had a fantastic vacation and that you get in touch with your PT to find out some news soon.

Have a great day!

Hello! Tuesday I did Get Glutes and will do another round tonight. I have still been keeping up with adding on a tabata at the end of my Get Glutes workouts. I think that is making me happier!

Carolyn So glad you had a great time! I love that you took your dogs with you. I am glad you finally got some answers as to what is wrong. I wouldn’t want a cortisone shot in my spin either. I think I would rather try to just work it out with PT.

Have a great day!

Hello!
Carolyn I'm glad you had a good vacation! And hopefully you'll start to feel better with some PT.

This week I've jogged, done the trampoline, shoulders, biceps and legs and glutes. Tomorrow I'm planning on jogging and triceps and this weekend jogging, Zuzka and yoga.

Have a great weekend!

Hello ladies! Over the weekend I did Get Glutes on Saturday and again on Sunday. Saturday my sister and I went to my mom’s and did some cleaning for her birthday present. I think she loves that more than any store bought gift we could give her.

Have a great day!

Can't believe it has almost been a week since my last post. :eek: Work has just been crazy with no signs of letting up and if I don't post first thing when I get to work, it doesn't get done. Anyway, I have been doing Get Glutes Tuesday, Thursday, Sat., and Sun. I am still loving the workouts but think I might switch things up when I finish Month 11 in another two weeks. I'm going to try to peruse Cathe's rotations and see if anything strikes my fancy.

Carolyn I hope your visit to the ortho goes well. Hopefully they can get you the MRI soon.

Have a great day!

Hello!
It's been so crazy at work I've been putting in extra time and tired by the end of the day that I haven't logged on to post....

I've been doing my usual, Zuzka, jogging, and weights. I downloaded a running app and according to that my "mile" wasn't actually a mile lol. I run this path that I swore was marked that two times around was a mile but not so according to the app...I knew 8:30-8:40 was too good to be true...booo add a little over a minute :eek: lol anyways I'm signing up to do a 5K. Never done anything like that before so my goal is just to complete it running the whole time in under 30 minutes. Right now I'm jogging just over 2 miles and will keep adding a little more slowly over the next few weeks so I'll be ready.

I hope everyone is doing well. Carolyn I hope that belt helps and that your appointment went okay.

Julie you've been doing awesome with GG.

Anyone hear anything about the new Cathe's I wonder when she's going to start filming?

Have a great day!

Last night I did the cardio only from Cardio & Weights. I wanted to start out light since I haven’t done much cardio in a few months. Man, am I out of shape. I made it through the whole workout without stopping but was spent when it was over and that was only a 30 minute workout. I definitely need to start doing more cardio. Tonight and one more week of month 11 on Get Glutes and then I am going to start doing more cardio.

Amanda I am sorry about work getting crazy. I hope there is some relief in sight for you. Sounds like you have been doing awesome with your workouts. I have been wondering when Cathe is going to announce she is filming. I am starting to think that if she doesn’t start filming soon, there is no way these are getting to us by the end of the year.

Have a great day!

Last night was supposed to be workout 4 from Get Glutes but I decided to do Bootcamp-Everything But the Core premix. It was tough but I made it through with only a few breaks. Decided to take today off from work to have a nice 4day weekend. Hope everyone has a fantastic holiday weekend!

Carolyn I hope your dr calls you back soon. The lift sounds like it might be helping. Is that something you wear all the time even when working out? I have CSS coming up that I want to do in another week. I hope I can make it through it.

Have a great day!

Friday was a nice relaxing day but I did do some yard work (yuck!). I have a pear tree that I planted about 5 years ago and it is producing fruit now. I had a ton that I picked a few weeks ago but a ton more that fell to the ground and needed to be picked up and pitched. It was yucky work given the pears were bug eaten, stinky, and it was hot out. Saturday I did a Get Glutes workout with a tabata added on then spent time with my family for the holiday. Sunday was another GG plus tabata and then a niece’s birthday party. Monday was a complete rest day. Now it is back to work.

Have a great day!

I was going to post on Wednesday but when I tried the site was down and then I got so busy at work I forgot. I also forgot to post yesterday too. I did do my last workout from month 11 of Get Glutes on Tuesday. Wednesday I did the step only premix from Insanity … I mean Intensity but it felt like insanity. I had to take a break in the middle. I really need to work on my cardio and endurance so that is what my focus is going to be in September. Last night I did High Step Challenge and only had to take a few breaks. This weekend I have to stay at my parents and watch their dog while they are out of town. I’ll have to take low impact/low equipment workouts with me.

Carolyn They are called Honeysweet pears and they are so sweet! My husband who does not like pears was picking them right off the tree and eating them. What a bummer about your insurance not covering the MRI. Did they even give a reason? Not that there is a good one. I hope you get somewhere with them on it.

Have a great day!

Hello!
This week I've been running, upper body weights, and yoga. Today I'm going to do Zuzka, triceps and yoga.

Carolyn I'm glad you get to do the MRI hopefully you can get in soon and they can figure out what's going on.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend! :)

The weekend flew by again. Friday night, went to my mom’s to dogsit for her over the weekend. Her do likes to attack my older dog Maggie so most of the weekend involved keeping them apart and/or blocking my dog from my mom’s dog’s view. I think Maggie is so relieved to be home now. Saturday I was able to get Cardio Supersets in and Sunday I did Travel Fit.

Carolyn So glad you are getting the MRI. Hopefully that sheds light on the problem and can lead you down the path of healing.

Amanda What kind of yoga are you doing? Still searching for one that lights my fire.

Have a great day!

Julie-I'm pretty picky about my yoga too; it's been hard for me to stick with it in the past or find a video/instructor I liked.

I've been using Kino Macgregor's videos; she's on YouTube and has a beginner DVD I have too. She has a ton of videos on YouTube, several different beginner series all the way to advanced. She's pretty amazing what all she can do .... I like her a lot.

Today is a rest day, tomorrow is running...I really like running :) never thought I would say that. Saturday I did just over 3 miles. First time I ever ran a full 3 miles.

I'm excited to see the Cathe filming updates that will start soon!

Have a good night.

Darn work getting in the way of me posting these last few days. Tuesday night I did a Get Glutes inspired strength workout, just 2 sets of deadlift, bench press, squat, back row, and hip thrust. Wednesday I did the cardio only from 4DS Kickbox. That has to be one of my favorites. It flew by and I was done before I knew it.

Amanda That is so great that you are enjoying running! I think it is so important to love what you do or else you won’t stick with it. Thanks for the yoga. I am going to look it up this weekend. I have been wondering about the new series. I wonder if Cathe will post that filming is already done in her 9/30 update. If not, I am not sure how she will still make it this year.

Have a great day!

Last night I did plyo legs disc 26. Ugh 1/2 turn jumps! I made it through but I think the 30 seconds of rest in between exercises helps. :) My butt is so sore today. I don't know if it was doing exercises differently or all the plyo moves but wow! Kind of excited about it! :D

Have a great day!

Ugh my legs were soooo sore all the time during STS, every time they started feeling better it would be leg day again!

This past week I did running on Tuesday, Thursday and today-today I did 4 miles woot woot.

I also did my shoulder, bicep, tricep, chest and back workouts and KB swings a couple of times. Didn't get any yoga or Zuzka this week :(

Tomorrow my plan is Zuzka and yoga....or maybe a rest :)

Have a good night.

Friday I decided to do Cycle Max Express premix. I haven’t done spinning in so long I missed it. Friday morning was Super Cuts followed by running errands and doing chores. Sunday I did a strength workout and then was lazy the rest of the day. Hate to be a complainer but Monday is here again already.

Amanda It was weird feeling DOMS in my glutes since I haven’t in so long. I am thinking about sticking with plyo legs for another couple weeks and seeing if I get that same feeling again. I am a glutton for punishment.

Carolyn Hope all is well with you. Any news on the MRI?

Have a great day!

Last night I did a strength workout with heavy squats, rows, hip thrusts, back extensions, and dips. Then DH and I took the dogs for a very short walk. My poor Maggie is getting so old she just can’t go far anymore.

Carolyn Oh no! That sounds crazy what they are doing to you. I would be very angry too if I thought I was covered and then found out that my insurance was not going to pay. PT is not cheap. I hope you are able to get that and the MRI situation resolved to your satisfaction. Health is important and insurance premiums are meant to cover your health so this is just nuts. I am glad you have been able to keep active without further injury. Even if you have lost some muscle you are still doing something which is important.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.