Breast augmentation

I have never heard of implants increasing your risk for cancer, but yes, the implants make mammograms trickier which is why they are more in depth during a mammo with an implanted breast then with one that is not. HTH a bit.

I'm just happy that I finally found some adult bras to fit my A's. I used to get bras in the junior dept. at Kohls. (Actually, the junior bras are cheaper.):eek:

I'm just happy that I finally found some adult bras to fit my A's. I used to get bras in the junior dept. at Kohls. (Actually, the junior bras are cheaper.):eek:

I will give the junior department a try!! I'm also a -AA and its so fustrating not to find bras that fill up my boobs. I love my small boobies I've never been a big boob girl. I've had 6 children and during my pregnancies and nursing I always felt odd with my boobs being bigger than I was use too. I have never felt like I was unatractive or lack attention from the male department because my lack of breast size. I'm not against anyone getting breast augmention if that's what makes you happy than go for it!!!

OK, now going wildly off topic, but aveggiegirl, where did you find good size A adult bras? I am barely a 32A, and also struggle to find a good fitting bra. I hate underwires, and found a really comfortable no wire bra at JCPenney by Ambrielle that fits me perfectly, but they don't always have my size. Thanks!

Karen

[OK, now going wildly off topic, but aveggiegirl, where did you find good size A adult bras? I am barely a 32A, and also struggle to find a good fitting bra. I hate underwires, and found a really comfortable no wire bra at JCPenney by Ambrielle that fits me perfectly, but they don't always have my size. Thanks!

Karen ]

Karen,

Here are my favorites: Warners 2003 and Warners 02044.
I got them at Kohl's last summer. They are slightly padded and there is no underwire.

Good Luck!

Hi Karen,

Sorry to barge in, but I second the recommendations for the Warner bras that aveggiegirl recommends. I am an A (or probably a barely A), and these are the only bras I wear. I love them! I also get them at Kohl's (they go on sale periodically).

Hope that helps!

Deborah

So what do you say to your kids when they see the new product? How do you incorporate that into the school district's social skills program of accepting all who they are?

By the way......yeah to the size A girls! I am a C and I wish I was smaller. I am only 5'4. I hate them, especially on my long runs. Chaffing sucks!

Small is good

I can understand getting surgery to make things a bit tighter and not quite so droopy, which is just a drag (ha) and actually can affect quality of life in terms of discomfort. This is a good reason to address this issue. But I really would not want to put any foreign object into my body such as implants...there is just way too much room for trouble in the future. And I personally would be concerned about the risk.
Also, the cost in today's economy could be prohibitive and I would rather spend the money in other ways.
I am all for changing my body, but in ways that are directly related to actual medical necessity, such as present discomfort, Or to change things by exercise and nutrition.

Did you see the article about the little girl whose ears stuck out? The mom made the choice to get them "pinned" to help her daughter out. There is such a sweet concern by the mom to serve her daughter. Sometimes, people just need to feel normal. I am glad that little girl was cared for in that way by her mom.

I can understand getting surgery to make things a bit tighter and not quite so droopy, which is just a drag (ha) and actually can affect quality of life in terms of discomfort. This is a good reason to address this issue. But I really would not want to put any foreign object into my body such as implants...there is just way too much room for trouble in the future. And I personally would be concerned about the risk.
Also, the cost in today's economy could be prohibitive and I would rather spend the money in other ways.
I am all for changing my body, but in ways that are directly related to actual medical necessity, such as present discomfort, Or to change things by exercise and nutrition.

Did you see the article about the little girl whose ears stuck out? The mom made the choice to get them "pinned" to help her daughter out. There is such a sweet concern by the mom to serve her daughter. Sometimes, people just need to feel normal. I am glad that little girl was cared for in that way by her mom.

Doctors used to just take care of that, it didn't used to be only done by plastic surgeons. My uncle's ears were fixed (seriously, he did look like dumbo.) when he was 4 years old. It was no big deal, he wasn't in school yet. Its a surprisingly minor procedure.

Btw, I'm so glad I don't have bigger boobs, I would hate that to be in the way during a run or plyos. Can you imagine a black eye?:p

sorry for hi-jacking the thread.

honestly

Rapid breath- Honestly, I AM glad I don't have larger breasts...what a pain, having to figure out what to do with them all the time. I never wanted them larger, they really did just get in my way. I don't consider myself that large, but I still sometimes wear a double sports bra because I cannot stand a bit of jiggle when I jump.

I simply cannot imagine how unpleasant it would be to have silicon or saline sacs in there to worry about as well!:(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.