Boxing Gloves

mfv3

Cathlete
I'm planning on starting the 90 day XTrain rotation very soon and I need to get boxing gloves for Hard Strikes. For those who have them where can I get the best deal? And what weight does Cathe and crew use? TIA!

Cathe uses 12oz gloves. I bought mine on amazon but only used them for the heavy bag workout. I actually just increased to 14oz and may even go a little heavier. When I do the hardstrikes workout I use 1lb hand gloves and like this weight.

Sounds like Amazon or Sears would be a good choice. I got mine at Walmart.com when STS Cardio came out, but they've gone up in price. I don't do pink, so I got the 12 oz blue ones.

I only use the boxing gloves for the heavy bag work. I tried Hard Strikes with the boxing gloves, but they weren't heavy enough and my hands sweat like crazy! I like to use my 2# ironwear gloves. I use them for all my kickboxing. I love how the weight is distributed around the hand. They also have 1# gloves.
Hand Irons™ Champion Series 2lb each, 4lb pair

Edited to add: Wow! These are cool: http://ironwearfitness.com/hwio7.html

Last edited:
Marie,

I ordered mine from Amazon (still waiting for them to arrive :mad:). They are the same as Cathe's: 12oz, Everlast, Pink.

I 2nd the Ross suggestion. Found a red pair and a pink pair for $12.99. I bought the red bc hubby loved Hard Strikes too. I wouldn't expect him to wear pink. I love these gloves!

The boxing gloves look so big and bulky that they just don't appeal to me. I'm used to using 1 lb wrist weights for Turbo Jam/Fire that I started using them for Hard Strikes and I love it! I have the Nike version that wrap around your wrist attached by a thumb hole. Your hand has a lot of freedom that way.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.