Bowflex Treadclimber Does anyone have one?

ElaineP

Cathlete
I've been looking at the Bowflex Treadclimber and wondering if anyone here has one and if they do how do they like it?

I have looked into these also but would like to hear from someone who has one - hope someone chimes in.
Bumping....

I've been interested in it too, but saw this review in ShopSmart, a magazine from Consumer Reports geared towards women. The paragraph is as written in the magazine.

Bowflex TreadClimber TC5000, $2,500
It's a combination stepper and treadmill, but its maximum speed is just 4 mph, so you can't run on it. And a 2-inch gap between the belts could cause you to trip and fall off if you don't step straight on the belts. Although a workout on this gizmo can be a good low-impact option to running, our testers thought it was too much of a pain to use.

At that price, I would just get a treadmill and raise the incline occasionally.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/food_coach&id=6589790

Yeah, I saw some not so good reviews as well. Just thought I 'd like to hear from someone who actually has one.

Maybe I'll stick to my original idea and test some ellipticals.

I've had one for about 3 years now. I use at least 2x a week, usually more to supplement my workouts. I love it, but I do know some who don't care for it. It does only go up to 4 mph, but you can adjust the tension/intensity from 1-12. I wear a HRM on it, and when I'm using it as a climber, I can get to my upper zone at about 3.3 mph. You can lock the treadles and use it as a treadmill with an incline of 10 (I think--it's pretty steep), and then I usually go to about 3.5-3.6 mph. I would advise you trying to find one to try out first. It is true about tripping if you don't keep your feet straight on the treadles, but I've mastered that and usually don't hang on either.

I had one for about a year. I loved the workout I got on it - but I live in a condo and my crabby neighbor next door kept complaining about the noise. It IS much noisier than a treadmill (at least mine was and the two women I work for have one and they said theirs are too) ... but I did love the workout I got.... I sold mine on craigslist and bought a treadmill instead. FYI - it is a PAIN IN THE BUTT to put together.

Sounds like I'd kill myself on that! I never walk straight on a treadmill - or anywhere! :eek: I like the Incline Trainer (I think that's what it's called). It's a treadmill designed to go to 40 degree incline! It's got mountain trails for training and you can walk or run on it! I can't wait to get a bigger house so I can get one!

I just saw a commercial on the nordictrack incline trainer. I'm thinking this would be more versitile than the treadclimber since it is a TM.
Anyone have one of these? They have it on Amazon, but no reviews yet so I'm thinking it must be brand spankin' new.
I'm in the market for a TM and this one looks sooooo tempting.

http://www.inclinetrainer.com/details_x3.html

holy cow!! that's like walking up a steep hill. Not sure my piriformis muscle would like that.:confused:

I have an incline trainer by nordictrack. It goes up to a 50% incline and up to 12 mph and I love it. It has preset programs or you can do whatever you want or you can hook it up to ifit programs - which I've never done. I've seen Jillian Michaels advertising a new one on tv, and now of course I want that one. After having this one and a regular treadmill, I would definitely recommend the incline trainer just because of the variety of what you can do - walk, run, walk uphill. My first incline trainer (the Teton) you were also able to walk downhill. When I first saw the treadclimber, I always pictured myself somehow mis-stepping and getting hurt - but that could just be me being clutzy. I know this didn't answer your question about the Bowflex treadclimber but I do love my incline trainer.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack this thread, but I wanted to add some information to my previous post. I found out that they sell these (Incline Trainer) at Sears and they do have some reviews posted there. Apparently they don't work all that well for taller people because the track is somewhat short. That is the biggest complaint I have seen so far. I plan on stopping at Sears on my next trip to town and hopefully I can try one out before purchasing since I am 5'7 and one poster said if you are over 5'5 the track might be too short for comfort.:confused: There was also a complaint about the customer service at nordictrack, but since I would be purchasing from Sears, hopefully that won't be as much of an issue.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.