Boss Loops Positioning

ashaw

Cathlete
Hi! I just did the Boss Loops Glutes and Core DVD for the first time this morning and I was thinking is something wrong with the way I have the loops positioned around my upper legs because I wasn't feeling near of the same burn as doing the old school firewalkers with the large resistance band tied around the ankles, like in the Butts and Guts workout. I was wearing shorts but tried to put the band in the same area that Cathe and the crew had their's. It looks like it sits just below the glutes. When the workout was over, I actually did a few of the exercises from the standing portion again, but with the band a little lower on the thighs and it seemed to make a difference. I didn't want to jump to the blue band right out of the gate before giving the entire workout a try with the same colors that Cathe and the crew used. Has anybody else been a little unsure where to actually place the loop? I really, really, really miss the thick textured firewalker loops that were released around the time of Cross fire and To the Max. They were great and also doubled as a quick way to open a jar!

The lower down the loop sits on your thigh the greater the resistance. I don't have Cathe's fabric loops so the resistance of my loops are different. With my loops I usually use the lightest resistance loop around my mid-thighs.

The higher the band on the thigh the less tension, the lower more tension. I usually wear mine right above the knee so I can feel it. I don't recall what thread it was in but Cathe did answer me when I asked about this. I would say where the band where it feels right for you.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.