Boss Loops Glutes & Corr A+++

BlakKat

Cathlete
I was so excited to start with this DVD & I was not disappointed!!! I enjoyed this workout so much from start to end!!! I loved everything about it; the music, the backdrop, the outfits, the crew, the exercises & most of all...the new bands!!! They don't roll, slide up or down, or twist - they stay where I put them. The only time I had a tiny curl up on the edge was for a deep lunge, but it went right back to position each time-I never needed to re-adjust or fix anything through the whole workout. My favorite part of workout is the standing floor work. Second exercise in & my glutes were already fried. I used the same color loops Cathe used throughout & it was perfect. I can totally see how different positioning of loop and/or moving up to the blue loop will affect the resistance/workout. They also fit perfectly in the mesh bag and travel pouch to keep it all together (I think mine will be kept out since I plan on using these as much as possible). Just a tip, if you're going to use same color as Cathe, have green loop ready. I had to pause for a few seconds after warm up to get green on & pause quickly to change to orange for floor work. I am so in love with these bands and this workout!!! I know there's a few of us that have been wanting Glute Presses/Hip lifts incorporated more w/weight; I'm really happy Cathe has this move w/the band. I could really feel the difference getting in there good and can't wait to try the 100 Rep hip thrusts w/weight & these bands!!! Thank you so very much Cathe for continuing to give us all top quality workouts & equipment to keep us in shape & motivated with new energy!!! I can't wait to do this workout again & the other workout! You are da Boss Bomb!!!

I'm waiting for my DVD's and bands to arrive Wednesday. I got the downloads and since I have the Arena bands, I did this workout yesterday along with the total body. I loved both of them. I agree with everything you said. I love the orange and green color bands - that is why I ordered them. Can't wait to use them.

I so wanted Cathe to do workouts using these bands and I'm thrilled she did.

I did this one this morning and really liked it. My butt, thighs and hips were on fire! I will feel this tomorrow. This workout moves quickly and there's constant thigh work. Love the cardio portion. I will do this often. It's a nice change from weight work. The core sectio was perfect for me. I had to pause and figure out the right bands, but next time I will have it figured out. Body Bands will be later this week. Can't wait!

I have been doing a lot of low impact cardio, body weight, walking and band work this year, since weights, and impact moves were not an option. Surprisingly, I leaned out and toned my body like I never thought I could. My legs are a little more shapely and stronger. My pants and shorts definitely fit more loosely. Who knew! Never underestimate the bands!

I did a leg workout but wanted just a little more so did the first few chapters for the standing portion. ending with the lunge sequence. My hips/butt/thutt area was feeling it. I also had my bands right above the knees instead of higher on the thigh like Cathe had them. I am planning on doing a few chapters a day just to add something extra.

Love band work and like the colors of the bands and also that they say light/medium/heavy. I have the arena bands and can never remember which color is heavy/light.

Did this one today. I have to say, when I previewed it, I had a feeling of dread because the floorwork looked like the floorwork from Butts and Guts.

I hate floorwork. For me it's like eating your vegetables, so I do it, but grudgingly so.

That said, the floorwork for me seemed to go by pretty fast. And I loved the standing cardio part. It was fun! The metal-like soundtrack made it even more fun and motivating. I was originally going to save this and Boss Bands only for travel, but I think Boss Loops will find its way into my normal routine. It hits the glutes in a way that Butts and Guts and Great Glutes never did, And it's fun! (well, except for the floorwork, but I can tolerate that segment)

Both DVDs are sure winners for me. And I'm glad I broke down and bought Cathe's bands, even though I already have all sorts of bands already.

I just did the Boss loops glutes and core. I love this workout. I don't know if it's the pretty studio, bright loops, or Cathe's relaxed demeanor but it's such an enjoyable workout to me. I used every band she used. Just when the number of reps is enough for me she stops to stretch or moves on to the next segment. The warmup was just right for the workout and the stretch was great. I loved the use of the loop with the cardio and the core work stopped just before the fun factor wore off. (Who knew mountain climbers can be so much harder with a light band?)

I can easily see adding the floor work section and the cardio with other workouts.

Something I noticed in both the loop and band workouts is how great the rotational movements feel with these particular bands. As we age, it's important to preserve rotational range of motion and I really like what she includes in both workouts.

I'm waiting for my DVD's and bands to arrive Wednesday. I got the downloads and since I have the Arena bands, I did this workout yesterday along with the total body. I loved both of them. I agree with everything you said. I love the orange and green color bands - that is why I ordered them. Can't wait to use them.

I so wanted Cathe to do workouts using these bands and I'm thrilled she did.
I would love to know the difference between Cathe's bands and the Arena ones. I only have the Arena and I found that there is a big difference between the light and medium one for the booty bands. I have not tried the long bands yet. I just did the glutes and core workout, but did the floor and core premix and switching bands made a huge difference. With the medium one, I had a harder time with leg move, esp. when I need to keep my leg straighter, but I don't have my band as high as Cathe. Anyway, I would love to know what you think if you have time to try both in the future.

Thanks
Kim

Did this one yesterday. I have EnriQ loops that I purchased a couple of years ago. I found the medium loop was about right for me where Cathe used the medium. The light loop was a bit too light but I had it higher up on my thigh about where Cathe had hers. Next time I do the workout I will use the light loop lower down on my thighs. I like how simply adjusting the position of the band can make a significant difference. I really felt the burn on the standing work.

I did this one yesterday and really liked it. I generally don't like to do floor work but the bands somehow made it more enjoyable. I really am glad I bought the Cathe bands. They are so nice and soft and don't roll once you put them on. I think I could have used a higher resistance on some of the floor exercises so will try that next time. A definite thumbs up for me on this one.

I would love to know the difference between Cathe's bands and the Arena ones. I only have the Arena and I found that there is a big difference between the light and medium one for the booty bands. I have not tried the long bands yet. I just did the glutes and core workout, but did the floor and core premix and switching bands made a huge difference. With the medium one, I had a harder time with leg move, esp. when I need to keep my leg straighter, but I don't have my band as high as Cathe. Anyway, I would love to know what you think if you have time to try both in the future.

Thanks
Kim

The pictures I took are too large to show comparison in size with Cathe's bands and Arena bands. Cathe's body bands are about 1.5 inches shorter than the Arena bands. Cathe's booty bands are about 2 inches longer than Arena bands.

I'm 5'5" - Doing a quick comparison with the strength, I am unable to get Cathe's blue (heavy) body band over my head for shoulder presses and tricep extensions. I don't have any issues with the Arena black band.

Having use both Cathe and Arena, the tricep extensions was hard for me to complete all reps using the medium strength - had to switch to the light one. I could still feel the burn.

Working the biceps, I used only the blue band yesterday. I did not double up. Last week with the Arena bands, I used both the pink and black and had to switch only to black.

The Cathe's booty bands feel easier since they are about 2 inches longer - I think these will be better for me since I have knee issues. I had be careful with the Arena bands since some exercises cause my knees hurt - not while doing the exercises, but later.

I used the loops closer to my knees yesterday doing the cardio segment only from Glutes and Core - not as high as Cathe had hers. I started with the green and then changed to the orange one. This was after doing the Total Body workout.

Last week doing the complete Glutes and Core workout, I used Arena's pink but switch ed to the grey. I had mine higher up, like Cathe and crew. This was after doing the Total Body workout.

In a couple days, I will do the complete Glutes and Core workout first using the Boss Loops for a better comparison.

I'm happy I got the bands...

Christina

Thanks for that comparison. I'm like you, 5'6", so I'm glad I have the Arena Bands. I may buy Cathe's Loops later if I find that these Arena ones are hurting me. I did notice a big difference between the light and medium loops. I was trying to figure out why Cathe was able to move her legs easier with the medium tension than me, but now that I know they are longer, that would explain the burn and tension the next day in my butt. I don't wear mine as high up as Cathe. But I'm very happy with the workouts so far, I'm waiting to do the total body tomorrow. Thanks for answering.

I did this workout today & liked it for a different kind of workout. In the Standing section I was reminded of Cathe saying in Gym Style Legs when she was explaining & setting up for using the band for leg presses, (paraphrasing) "It's like electric in there!" --- that's what it felt like - Electric! I dropped down to the orange band for that last few standing exercises cuz I was afraid of the DOMS tomorrow... o_O

This one also moves right along, tough but no dread, I found myself switching to the lighter band, by the floor section I was dripping wet with sweat. Thought it was solid workout and challenging, I'll do these for sure over the next few weeks, they're perfect, even if I was a little less than. Really cool how just adding the band changes the moves.

I did just the standing & core premix and only used the light band. I have Arena bands and apparently they 2 inches shorter than Cathe's. My medium band is already so heavy that I tried ahead of time to do the deep side lunge and wasn't really able to do it. But with the light band, everything felt great. I also wear my band lower than Cathe. I might look into getting her Loops only later since they are bigger. But I love this workout for lower body and core.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.