Boot Camp Body Blast

Watched this - looks good. She has Jenn (from the Fit Tower workout) with her. They use 12lb. Body Bars and green tubing. Includes jumps onto the step and burpees along with familiar moves using the bar. Picture is clear (wasn't sure how this would look). Only problem I've noticed is that I have to turn the volume WAY up and there's rustling noise from her microphone but I'm not sorry I purchased. Looks like a good workout overall.

I got mine too! I just previewed it really quick-looks like all of her signature moves that we love. The main difference is the use of the body bar (which I don't have, but I'll just use a BB or db's). Since this is a DVD of a "master class", Cathe is teaching to a lot who have not worked out with her before so she makes sure to give a lot of instruction and form advice. It is boot camp style (rounds of intense cardio intervals, lower, upper, core). There are 9 chapters (w/u, 7 rounds & c/d). Looks like it is about 60 min. As usual Cathe looks awesome-what a lucky group that was to learn from the best! Can't wait to try it out!

Thanks ladies! I was waiting for a review before I purchased one. I am ordering from IDEA's website mrsctoo. That is the only place I have seen it so far. If you are a member, you get a significant discount.

i just did this work out this morning and I really enjoyed it. It is not production wise up to Cathe's standards, it is a taped live class. It is a very good class. I modified a bit and I was very sweaty by the end. It is 7 rounds of cardio, legs, UB, and then core. some of the moves are metabolic in nature. I really liked the core work as there were many types of plank moves. Cathe did show or tell quickly some modifications on the cardio. If you enjoy Cathe live I think anyone would enjoy this one. You can easily make this harder or easier simply by upping your step or body bar. It was nice that she used the body bar. I have one that I haven't used for years and got it back out! you could use a barbell too and of course weights if need be. This is a keeper! Of course anything by Cathe is great!
Jen

Is it worth $34? Cathe has so many Live classes that I'm not sure I want to spend that much on a single DVD (I probably am wrong about everything but I did go to the site and that was the price quoted?)? Whatever the case I do appreciate the review and thank you! :)

Is it worth $34? Cathe has so many Live classes that I'm not sure I want to spend that much on a single DVD (I probably am wrong about everything but I did go to the site and that was the price quoted?)? Whatever the case I do appreciate the review and thank you! :)

That's kinda' how I am feeling too....I do appreciate that it is somewhat chaptered apparently, but $34.00 is kinda steep....hmmm........
don't know......

I was really excited when it came & I previewed it right away. It looks similar to a lot of her other workouts (aside from the body bar) and I have been enjoying all the Cathe Live's so much that I haven't chose to try this one yet. I have a serious addiction - I can never have enough Cathe so even though the price was steep, I ordered it because I chose to not get the new tower since I have the original and just ordered the new tower dvd's (still haven't received them though) and the preorder for the new series. As beemerjen1 stated above, it is not her usual Production quality since it is a taped live instructional class. Still looks like an awesome workout that you would expect from Cathe but I'm more excited to catch up on the Live classes I have missed because they have been so incredibly awesome! I still look forward to trying this one, just not as much as when I receive a new series. I don't regret buying it at all and I probably will come back after I do it and say that I absolutely love it because I love them all. If you are on the fence because of the price there are similar workouts on live using a Barbell and we don't know what's in store for us with the new Bootcamp dvd from the new series. If you are cRaZy like me and not being able to do every Cathe workout at least once then you should probably order. Hope this helps.

Thank you kathydaffy...she said exactly what I was thinking. Also, the total body Live's I've been doing lately seem a lot more advanced than this looked when I viewed it quickly. Now I know to be ready with some heavier weights nearby just in case.

Thank you kathydaffy...she said exactly what I was thinking. Also, the total body Live's I've been doing lately seem a lot more advanced than this looked when I viewed it quickly. Now I know to be ready with some heavier weights nearby just in case.

You're welcome! :)

Thank you kathydaffy for posting the breakdown of Cathe's boot camp. I am waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. The link you posted has other interesting information as well! Thanks for sharing.

Thank you kathydaffy for posting the breakdown of Cathe's boot camp. I am waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. The link you posted has other interesting information as well! Thanks for sharing.

You're more than welcome! I LOVE 2lazy4gym's web site because she breaks down all of Cathe's DVDs and Live workouts (well, just the ones she's done). :)

Watched this - looks good. She has Jenn (from the Fit Tower workout) with her. They use 12lb. Body Bars and green tubing. Includes jumps onto the step and burpees along with familiar moves using the bar. Picture is clear (wasn't sure how this would look). Only problem I've noticed is that I have to turn the volume WAY up and there's rustling noise from her microphone but I'm not sorry I purchased. Looks like a good workout overall.

You will be breathing so hard that hopefully that drowns out the rustling noise, wink!

I got mine too! I just previewed it really quick-looks like all of her signature moves that we love. The main difference is the use of the body bar (which I don't have, but I'll just use a BB or db's). Since this is a DVD of a "master class", Cathe is teaching to a lot who have not worked out with her before so she makes sure to give a lot of instruction and form advice. It is boot camp style (rounds of intense cardio intervals, lower, upper, core). There are 9 chapters (w/u, 7 rounds & c/d). Looks like it is about 60 min. As usual Cathe looks awesome-what a lucky group that was to learn from the best! Can't wait to try it out!

Hi BlakKat! You can use a barbell. No problem. I rehearsed with a barbell at home when I didn't have my bodybar with me. It was fine! Happy huff and puff, lol!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.