Bodyfat Measurement

Thanks for the tune Pam!

Pam,
Man, if I only knew the melody...I could sing that song with such conviction! I'll keep my eyes open for the cd. Maybe we should start a recipe thread?
sometimes I get tired of all the same ol stuff, especially challenging when you trying to keep food, lean and clean, AND feed a family.

Deb D- Recipe thread

Good Morning Deb,
Got up early this morning and did my aerojump workout (jump rope workout) it's truly awesome.
I think a recipe thread would be great, even if a recipe is posted once a week I would be happy.

Ange

Hey girl!

Gosh,I was just reading a old thread and learned that you like to run! How often and how long do you run as a compliment to the Cathe tapes and BFL challenge? I find that I am an endorphin junkie and will run 6,8,10mi. sometimes when I'm training for 1/2 marathons. But, I worry that this is too much for the benefits of good muscle gain. Plus, I really need to watch my nutrition when I run this much. Okay, enough of that.

Yes, lets start a new thread. Now, uh, how do we do that? I'm kinda new here.

Here's a link...

http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1016369166/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=SPACE GHOST'S MUSICAL BAR-B-QU/itemid=420170

Unfortunately, "I Love Beans" isn't one of the songs they have a sound clip of, but if you listen to "I Love You, Baby" you can get an idea of what the illustrious Brak sounds like. He's second from the right on the album cover. This is basically a children's album (older children), but one of those where adults probably find it even funnier because of all the "between the lines" stuff.

And I can't think of a single way to make this on-topic other than the beans thing, so I promise this will be my last Brak post.
happy.gif

Hey DebD from DebH!!

I think the recipe idea is a great idea, but you may want to do it in the OPEN DISCUSSION Forum. Maybe you could each post a fav recipe once a week (maybe midweek since check-in is the beginning of the week??). HB, you out there?? This looks like something you may be interested in. Just thought I'd jump in here for you Deb since you are new!! WELCOME!!!

DebbieH

Deb D thread for recipe board

Deb,
Im new here also but Im willing to bet there is some great person on the forum who knows how to get it started. I run a total of 20 miles a week. I don't want to run anymore than that. There is a marathon coming up here in october a 26k and I have been thinking about it but Im in the middle of my 3rd challenge and I don't want to lose my muscle tone and of course I would have to change my eating patterns.

Let's see what we can do to get a recipe tread started.

Ange

Okay! Okay! Okay!

Debbie,
Hey! Kinda like your name. My mom had a thing for Debbie Reynolds...what Debbie you named after? I haven't noticed any "younger" Debbie's Under 30, have you? Oh No! Our name is becoming antiquated!! Oh well, we be fit antiques.
Thanks for the motion toward a recipe thread. Lets give it a go, Lord knows I love to eat!
Deb

clarification Deb D

That's one can of beans right? Garbanzos are great & the traditional hummus choice. But I think that any bean in the pantry would work. With your seasonings, I bet black beans would be great too! And for us gringas, a pestil is a mortar & pestle isn't it?
Debra

I was also wondering what BFL was

MicheleS thanks for asking the question about BFL. I was also wondering what the challenge was. If beans are the main focus of the diet, unfortunately it wouldn't work for me. I guess I'll check it out though.

Thanks,
Lynn

Pam!

Oh my gosh!
Hysterical! thought I was gonna bust a gut. My kids ran into my office to find me raoring and bobbing around to all those insane tunes. Yep, could hear him singing the praises of the bean. Thank you, you made my stinkin day ( been eating me some beans you know.) Deb

Let me work on this...

Ange,
I'm only doing about 20mi a week right now too. In conjunction with a kickboxing class, spinning and either Imax, bodymax, Gin's Intense moves, or Mic I have managed to keep my miles at bay. I manage to run two 4mi runs and then gradually up my long run to 12mi ( while training for the 1/2 marathon) to keep my distance at 20 miles. Of course, while I'm training for the 1/2 I continue to do the PS series once a week ( heavy) w/ only one of the above mentioned workouts. I have done this before and have gained plenty of muscle. When I don't do the long runs I do more x-training. It will be interesting to see how I intergrate the new tapes into my program. What a nice problem to have huh?

I am gonna poke around and try to open a recipe thread on the Open Forum. See you there. Debd

I like the way you think!

Yes girl! Any bean would probably do...ooooh, you are a wild one in the kitchen aren't you? Like that! Whens dinner? yeah, yeah, yeah do it and tell me how it went. I just posted a new thread on the Open Forum. See you there. DD

Thanks!

Hi,

But...You mentioned food! The mention of food is fair game to change a thread as far as I'm concerned! ;O)

Helen Z

LynnW- BLF has nothing to do with beans

Lynn,
BLF has nothing to do with beans. We were chatting about recipes and beans came up and the next thing you know we are trying to start a recipe board (not just for beans I promise) but for all kinds of healthy foods. The BLF website's I suggested in a earlier post are actually very good.

Ange

To Lynn from the "Beaner"

Just had to chuckle cuz someone could think that beans had something to do with the BFL challenge. NOT. However, Ange is right, the Hussman website is facinating! I copied all 20 pages of it and was up past my bedtime reading it...WOW. That Hussman is one grateful dude. Check it out you wont be dissapointed @ www.hussman.com/eas .DD

Thanks Deb! from Lynn

Thanks for the info and website for BFL. I figured it wasn't all about beans either but look forward to some ideasand recipes for healthy eating. My family loves it when I get on a healthy eating kick,(JK ie just kidding). It never seems to last long enough because I have such "picky" eaters. I guess I just keep trying.

I plan to visit the site right after this.

Lynn

Actually....

...my Mom just liked the name! I also have a twin sister named Susan. Go figure. My grandmother liked that name & insisted!! My grandfather always said I looked like Debbie Reynold's~~NOT!! Never did, never will! You're right, you never hear anyone under the age of 30ish named Debbie. I take that back, I do know a gal around 19-20 who's name is Debra and she goes by that. It's also my given name but I go by Deb or Debbie. See you over at the FOOD thread. It must be a "Deb-thing", cause I LOVE to eat too!Thank goodness for Cathe!
happy.gif

DebbieH

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.