Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Yesterday I did KCM Your Best Body #1 & #2 + yoga stretch. This morning I did Lower Body Blast + bonus barre.

Svetlana--like Jodi, I'm no help. I pre-ordered ICE even tho I have misgivings. My thought process is--it's Cathe, so it has to be good, right? At the very least I need it for my Cathe collection since I own everything else she has available on DVD. I love Tabatacise; probably one of my favorite Cathe workouts and one I return to the most. I love all of my Cathe workouts and try to do them (so hard when I own so many) but of all of my Cathe workouts, I would have to say Tabatacise is the one I return to more than any of the others.

Jodi--tell me about this desk/chair workout! I am interested. Particularly on my overtime weeks when I am stuck in a cubicle forever it seems w/ no doubles in sight.

Healling11--ChaLean Extreme was my first venture outside of The Firm and Jari Love many years ago. I loved ChaLean Extreme and I got great results, too, the first time I did it. I followed the diet and of course, it was taking my fitness to a new level at the time. I followed up with P90X and then I discovered Cathe. I've always wanted to return to ChaLean again (P90X, too) but I haven't yet.

Hello, my fellow fitness addicts!

Jody - Congrats on holding the Crow position! I can't do this even for a few seconds with both legs off the floor. Yesterday I watched Cathe and crew do the "levitation holds" in STS Ab Circuits yoga segment; and did a "half crow" instead.
Jen - thanks for replying , you know I value your opinions for fitness DVDs
Tom -sorry if the question was goofy. It's cool we have guys here
Healing-enjoy you CLX rotation . I love Chalene too:)

Today I decided to give my legs a DOMS. So my workouts were:
Cathe - Afterburn
Cathe Low Impact Circuit - cardio only (I wish I could follow the choreography better. But this workout is so fun!)
Cathe Body Blast - Legs & Glutes
STS stretch bonus.

Today was Squeeze Stronger by Tracy Effinger, another new-to-me barre-type workout. Really enjoyed it, definitely some tough moves. The whole workout is long, 80 minutes, but it does have two shorter premixes which will come in handy.

Jen, here is the link to that desk workout: http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/2015/06/the-ultimate-10-minute-office-workout
I work in a cubicle, not an office with a door, so normally I couldn't do something like this, but Friday was incredibly quiet. I was able to do the whole thing without anyone walking by and wondering what the heck I was doing.

Svetlana, I was thinking about doing Afterburn on my cardio day this week, but that workout has such a dread factor for me. I don't know if I can bring myself to do it! Funny thing is, I think it's similar to Cardio Supersets, yet I love that one, no dread at all. Maybe I just need to bite the bullet and give it another try...maybe it won't be so bad this time.

This morning I did Pyramid Upper and planned doubles is KCM's TLC "Kelly's Mix" premix.

Thanks for the link Jodi! I'm going to try to do some of those exercises when I work overtime. I work in a cubicle, too, but they made an effort to give us privacy--we have high walls and doors on our cubes. I can still hear everyone around me but I can't see them. They also give us desks that raise so we can stand while working and I am horrible about doing that anymore. I used to stand all the time. Then my feet get cranky in the winter and I have to stop and then I have to motivated myself to start up again once the weather warms up. In fact, I should raise my desk right now. (yes, I am writing this at work.) I also personally think Cardio Supersets is much easier than Afterburn. I love Afterburn but it is hard--so I understand the dread factor! Cardio Supersets is an excellent workout, but nowhere near (for me at least) as challenging as Afterburn. I never regret doing Afterburn tho!

Today I celebrated 66 years on this planet by;what else;....BACK DAY!!! chin-ups 13x8x5 lat pulldowns 10x10x10 pullovers 12x10x10 dumbbell rows 10x10x10. I skipped deadlifts due to a sore lower back, and did 2 sets of superman instead, I finished with a set of 40 pushups and 100 crunches. Not sure, but I may be TOO OLD for this stuff!!!! O well, gonna do it anyway just to slow down the inevitable!! Jodi and Jen, I spent 40 years sitting on the job. I recently retired from a general dentistry practice, and finding a way to exercise at the office would have been great!! I put up a pullup bar when I was 55, and did do some of those periodically, but sit down jobs are not great for maintaining fitness. I work a couple of days a week as a prison dentist now and they have a gym on site so I max out on chin-ups 1/week, just to check my progress.Have a GREAT DAY ladies!! Hey Svetlana..It wasn't a goofy question at all..you couldn't tell from my avatar!!!!lol!

Hi Everyone,

Could not check in weekend. There was no workout as I was away. This weekend I celebrated my god son
high school celebration.

WOD today was 80 minutes of cycle max.

Mary: Seems like your summer will be very busy. I think your enthusiasm will sky rock once your workout
room is be re-done. :):):)

Tom: Happy birthday. 66 is just a number and birthday is just a looking forward to day to remember number adding up!
;);) what is 10x10x10.

Jen: Sorry I have not completed my STS Rotation which i promised to share. I will post here as soon as it is done.
I do feel afterburn is harder than supercuts too. LBB, Another favourite of mine I need to revisit.

Svetlana: So glad to see you have settled quickly interacting with us here. Working out without rotation is something
i found hard to do. I am not following a rotation right now but by the end of this week I will get back
to a my rotation and stick to it. Each person is different. I personnally prefer rotation cause it is easier to
keep consistency and track progress.

Healing 11: Well done on your chalean circuits...

What is the weather like where you are ladies and gent? I find it hard to do cardio when it is hot and humide
it is really warm in southern Belgium these day. Not complaining though.

That is all I have to share today.

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
Hi Everyone,

Could not check in weekend. There was no workout as I was away. This weekend I celebrated my god son
high school celebration.

WOD today was 80 minutes of cycle max.

Mary: Seems like your summer will be very busy. I think your enthusiasm will sky rock once your workout
room will be done. :):):)

Tom: Happy birthday. 66 is just a number and birthday is just a looking forward to day to remember number adding up!
;);) what is 10x10x10.

Jen: Sorry I have not completed my STS Rotation which i promised to share. I will post here as soon as it is done.
I do feel afterburn is harder than supercuts too. LBB, Another favourite of mine I need to revisit.

Svetlana: So glad to see you have settled quickly interacting with us here. Working out without rotation is something
i found hard to do. I am not following a rotation right now but by the end of this week I will get back
to a my rotation and stick to it. Each person is different. I personnally prefer rotation cause it is easier to
keep consistency and track progress.

Healing 11: Well done on your chalean circuits...

What is the weather like where you are ladies and gent? I find it hard to do cardio when it is hot and humide
it is really warm in southern Belgium these day. Not complaining though.

That is all I have to share today.

Kind Regards,
Nathalie..3 sets of 10...kind of confusing..sorry

Happy Birthday, Tom, aka "T Slop"! :D Age is just a number, and as long as you can work those weights, keep doing it. Prison dentist...funny, I'm in the business of sending you new 'customers'. Haha!

Today's workout was the Push Pull upper body premix with 3 sets again. Love it!

Speaking of DOMS, I woke up this morning feeling sore in the oddest area...my lower lats and mid back area. The only thing I can think of is yesterday's workout had a section which was for working the waist. It was a lot of side bends and twisting with a bar on your shoulders and your arms extended out on the bar. They were new moves for my body so I guess I worked areas I normally don't. Always a plus!

This morning was Pyramid Lower and planned doubles is Xtrain AOLIH. My glutes and hammies are still smarting from this morning's workout.

Happy birthday tslop49! I hope I am still going as strong as you are at 66!

Nathalie--the weather is hot here. We had a lot of rain for a few weeks now it is just hot--mostly in the 90s. I don't workout outside so it doesn't really affect me. I have the first month of my STS rotation completely mapped out but after that only a skeleton of the second two months. And I haven't created my Body Beast rotation yet either (BB follows STS for me).

On the topic of DOMS, I usually love it, but last week my calf DOMS was crippling and lasted a week. A week! I've never had DOMS last that long! So glad it is gone now. Though this morning I worked calves again. :eek:Hope that Gym Style Legs (which is what gave me severe calf DOMS last week) broke the calves back in and no more calf DOMS.

Jodi--really intense boxing/kickboxing workouts frequently give me lat DOMS. I really like it when that happens. I always wear weighted gloves so I love it when cardio doubles as conditioning, too. Which is why I love kickboxing and plyometric workouts so much.

Nice workouts everyone!

Tom, happy belated birthday! I love your workouts and your enthusiasm.

Svetlana, welcome!

Jodi, I have Tracy's Squeeze Stronger and Squeeze Lower Body. These are among those that I haven't tried yet. :oops:

Nathalie, we've been having some nice temperatures lately, 70's. But the mosquitos are really really bad this year! So my gardens are not being cared for right now. That's ok, I spend most of my time in the basement now. ;)

No workouts this week. But I am sore -- sore back!, neck/shoulders, and my legs are tired and stressed. Our basement ceiling has been cleaned of cobwebs (not painting them, waaaay too much work!), the walls were cleaned and waterproofed a nice bright white (just finished yesterday), the floor has been cleared. I'm taking a day off while crack sealer dries on the floor. What a job! Can't wail til its done and finished. I haven't seen my basement empty since we moved in 25 years ago and it hasn't been cleaned so thoroughly since then either.

Hello!
Nathalie - I love the message in your signature about achieving our personal best through fitness. Surely I'm not going to become Cindy Crawford if I do her Shape Your Body DVD :) But it helped me feel better about myself. It was the first fitness tape I ever did (as a schoolgirl).
I know many people prefer following rotations, and rotations give the best results. For each their own! I'm all about variety and fun in my fitness journey.
Mary - Congrats on your pre-order and thank you.
Jodi - I think the music is the problem with Afterburn. Afterburn is varied and effective but the music doesn't motivate. For me X10 and Tabatacise are harder but the music pushes me to go and want to add just another segment.
Jen - the 3 Gym Style DVDs never fail to give me DOMS! I know that after doing Chest & Triceps, I won't be able to raise my hand next day. Same goes for Legs (sitting is tough) and Back, Shoulders Biceps.
My workouts yesterday were from various 10 Minute Solutions DVDs (stretch band exercises for upper body, pilates for core and stretching). In the evening I did Turbo Fire 45 .

Today I did Tabatacise #4 & #5 plus KCM Circuit Burn workout 2. Abs: Xtrain Core #2.
For tonight I plan to do an X10 segment + KCM Bootcamp workout 1.
Have a nice evening, everyone!

I always feel like shoulders are an area that need work on me,, so today I did 23 sets of shoulder stuff. I started with military press. I used to do them later in the workout, but decided to "bust things up " and do multiple sets instead of leading with dumbbell shoulder press I started with these. I picked a weight I could do 5-8 reps and did 3 sets, dropped 10 pounds and did 3 sets, dropped another 10# and did 3 more sets. Then did 2 sets of shoulder press, dropped 10# and did a long finishing set. Then 3 sets of side laterals, 3 sets of barbell front raises, 2 sets of rear delt flys and 2 long sets of heavy shrugs. As a finisher, I did 3 sets of dumbbell curls to hit another body part. I'm hoping to see good results, because my workout time is definitely longer!! I used to brag about getting out in 40-50 min, but today was closer to 80 min.Hopefully this pays off!

Well, I put my big girl panties on and did Afterburn. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but it still wasn't as fun as other even harder Cathe workouts. Svetlana, I think the music does play a part. I love the music in Tabatacise. There's a point when you're doing ricochets on the step, and Cathe remarks how well the song goes with the move. I totally agree and it pumps me up. Afterburn, not so much. Also, some of the intervals seem so long. I'll be ready to quit and Cathe will say "two more sets of 8!". Ugh!

Jen, I still remember the first time I did GS Legs. I could barely bend my feet at the ankles because my calves were so sore. My co-workers thought I had hurt myself since I was walking so strangely!

Tom, your shoulders must be fried! Holy cow, what a workout!!

Hi Mary, good to hear from you!

Oh, and the owner of Ballet Physique e-mailed me and said the company was sending me a new DVD and no need to send the damaged one back. Yay!

This morning was Total Body Trisets Upper--WOW! It has been a long time since I've done that workout and I totally forgot how challenging it is. What an excellent upper body workout! I fully remember how challenging the lower body portion is, but somehow the upper body workout slipped my mind completely. Every time I do one of Cathe's Low Impact Series workouts I always wonder why the heck I am not doing them more often because they are such excellent workouts! But I know the answer to that. I have too many %$^&* workouts to try to fit in and only a limited amount of time. On a similar note, I felt the same way about Xtrain AOLIH yesterday (my doubles workout). I had forgotten how challenging and fun and awesome that workout is. Perfect doubles workout. Planned doubles for today KCM Shape Up--cardio only premix.

Mary! So glad you dropped by! And I was happy to help with the shirt. I love my Cathlete shirt! Hard labor is a pretty good workout IMHO--definitely "functional fitness!"

Svetlana--your post made me laugh. My first ever workout VHS was Buns of Steel! Even then I was a hoarder because I collected all of Tammi Lee Webb's Buns of Steel workouts at the time! They helped me lose my baby weight after my first daughter was born--a million years ago it seems! (1992)

I'm a rotation junkie. I think it is some kind of OCD thing--needing to have my workouts mapped out in advance, but it is also due to the enormous amount of workouts I own and love. I want to do them all and the only way to be able plan and visualize my workouts is to create rotations (to try to give them all equal play)--it's also the reason why awesome workouts don't get as much play as I think they should. I want to do them more, but there are 50+ others I want to do more, too. I have workout cards for all of my strength workouts and I date them every time I do the workout. It appears I do most of my strength workouts 1-2 times a year. Some, like RwH, Gym Styles and my favorite cardios (X10, Tabatacise, CF, TTM) I do more often than that.

tslop49--sounds like a super tough shoulder day! Can you lift your arms today?

Jodi--I was just thinking the same thing today when doing Total Body Trisets--that the music in the Low Impact Series isn't the best. The workouts are awesome! But the music? Not so much. I agree about Afterburn--I do love that workout because it challenges me so much however I also recall some of the exercises seem to go on much longer than I want to do them! Mountian climbers comes to mind! I pretty much hate mountain climbers in general but they seemed to go on ad nauseam in Afterburn. HaHa! That was me, too! I was walking funny for days after Gym Style Legs! Kind of embarrassing.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.