Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

This morning I did RwH Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I know I saw this EVERY TIME, but boy what a workout! I love the pump I feel right after I finish this workout. By this afternoon, the DOMs was setting in big time. I loving incorporating the RwH workouts with STS. Although as sore as I am feeling right now, next week's recovery week is sounding really really good! :)

SarBear, I can't believe you got both! Since getting back to PFLO, I've been thinking about getting PFWL. Since it's geared towards weight loss, it's more cardio-focused which I think would be great mixed with PFLO. You may have just pushed me over the edge!

Today was PFLO Aerobic Capacity and PFX Pure Glutes. AC is a warm up followed by a cardio segment about 8 minutes long and she gives you choices on how many times you repeat that same segment. The cardio is not HiiT level. She treats it more like steady state, comparing it to an endurance run. Today I did the warm up and just one segment since I was really using it as a warm up for PG.

I really love PG! I'm thinking I need to look into other barre workouts. Does anyone have any favorites besides Cathe's?

Haha...well some women like to buy shoes, I like to buy workout DVD's! I think you ladies can sympathize! I bought them off of babysteals.com which seemed like a decent deal (http://baby.steals.com/daily/deal/id/3004264/moms-into-fitness-pretty-fierce-am). Since I was buying both it was a few bucks cheaper than amazon. From the previews I've seen of both series it look like they will be fun workouts. I can't wait for them to get here!

Last edited:
OMG! I want! I want! I want! I am buy them both, too. I swear I am NEVER going to get through all my new workouts! Never! But I cannot stop hoarding! Next month is definitely P90X2/Bodyshred, but now I am thinking I might have to redo my rotation calendar to do PFWL/PRLO after that!!!

This morning was Burnsets Biceps and KB/KB Joint Mobility, Flexibility & Recovery. Actually not a bad workout. Not very relaxing but similar to Mark Lauren's Mobility Rx. Not nearly as good as Mobility Rx, but still, different but same concept. Planned doubles is Buddy Workout. I previewed it and a buddy isn't necessary. I didn't watch the whole thing--I skimmed, but it looks like a pretty good workout even w/out the buddy. We'll see. Only one more workout to go and I'll be finished with KB/KB. I am split! I really liked 3 of the workouts, 2 were decent, 4 I hated--were way too easy and Dasha's nonstop chattering made them unbearable. She was irritating in all of them but the better the workout the less she bothered me. One more to go this afternoon but at this point just half being workouts I will return to keeps me from having buyers remorse. Early on tho... the ones I hate were actually the first few I did and man was I regretting the puchase then! But not anymore.

I also did a Burnset each day this week and the muscle groups I worked with Burnsets were sore every day this week! Yesterday was chest and my chest is so sore this morning! KB/KB has burned out my lower body. My hamstrings were sore all week, my glutes and calves part of the week and this morning my inner thighs. I feel like overall I got a lot of good muscle work this week!

Next week I have a lot of different workouts mapped out. Dasha's KB/KB Scorcher series, Iron Core KB workouts, JM's KB workouts, and Amy Dixon's new workouts (I'm doing one of those tomorrow).

Today is my rest day.

Jen, can't wait to hear about Amy Dixon's new ones. I LOVED her first Tabata one, but the second one, not so much. I never got the third one because of that. I think she's up to #4 now?

I've been missing some heavy weight work so next week I plan to do the strength workouts from PFLO. From what I remember, the pace is slower than her endurance workouts, and she really wants you to focus on lifting heavy. Again, I did them before I did all the great workouts Elaine just mentioned so I'm hoping I'll be able to go heavier this time around.

Jodi--yes, tomorrow I'm doing Amy's Breathless Body #4.

And I did it--I can't believe it. I bought PFWL and PFLO. I was waiting tho. I won PFWL on ebay for $10 today--then I went to the link you posted Sarbear and bought PFLO. I'm pretty excited, but I honestly cannot believe I bought TWO more programs. Now I have to redo my rotations when they arrive.

Even tho I love trying and discovering new workouts, I am missing Cathe. I really liked doing Burnsets this week. And every time someone here mentions RwH strength workouts I miss them! They are the best heavy strength workouts I've ever done and I really feel like I need to be doing them more often. Maybe I need to alternate new workout weeks with Cathe weeks.

Wow--$10!!! That's awesome!!! Normally I check ebay but I didn't think of it this time. I keep obsessively checking my tracking info to see if they have posted an estimated delivery date. LOL!

SarBear mine hasn't shipped from BabySteals yet. But the ebay one has!

This morning was Amy Dixon's Breathless Body 4. I loved it! It is my favorite of all of her Breathless Body workouts, now. Lots of fun. (I linked to my review btw, in case anyone is interested).

This morning was cardio coach pres play. I did challenge 1 and stay state, on my bike. At the very end I did the relaxation section. A pretty good workout considering I wasn't going to workout today. :)

Today was the treadmill. Joining me again was Kelly Clarkson, this time a mix of old and new songs.

Jen, congrats on the great deal for PFWL! I really hope you and SarBear like the workouts. Mine has already shipped from babysteals, it could be here at the beginning of the week!

I'm headed to your Amy Dixon review right now!

Hi Ladies,

Yesterday workout was RWH Low impact #2 plus abs
Today was Tabata#5 plus 100 intermediate push up tempo.

I have thinking about my next round of STS. Planning to do it as soon as winter starts.
In meantime I will be doing total body, Hiit/Metabolic when I complete this RWH,xtrain TTM&XFfire.
I should be done with this rotation in two weeks.

Is anyone starting STS in near future?

Today was PFLO Total Body Strength. Yikes! I vaguely remembered this workout as being pretty hard, and that was confirmed again today. I had forgotten the style of it...it has circuits of strength and circuits of cardio with active recovery abs mixed in. The strength is a mix of body weight, compound, and isolation exercises. The cardio circuits are tabatas. Tough stuff! My only complaint is that there is not a lot of bicep work, but everything else gets hit decently for a 55-minute workout.

Yesterday I did RwH Back and Biceps. Today was the start of my active recovery week so I decided to jump on my treadmill. I've been really "craving" running lately. I even dreamt about going for a good run one night last week. Back in the day running used to be my favorite form of exercise. Over the years, however, I have found myself running less and less as I've gotten more into weight training along with over forms of cardio. It felt good to be back on my treadmill today though. I did 3 miles of run intervals and then 2 miles of walking. I think going forward I am going to try to incorporate more running into my workout schedule, at least on the cardio days.

This week is supposed to be my active recovery week from STS, but I will probably throw in at least 1-2 weight workouts--even if they are just endurance workouts like High Reps. We are going out of town for a long weekend trip with some friends so it's doubtful I will be working out Friday-Sunday. I always bring my ipad with me on trips like this with a few travel friendly workouts locked and loaded just in case I am able to fit in a quick workout or two. Often times it's a no, but it's nice to be prepared regardless.

Oh and yesterday I finally replaced my broken HR monitor. Decided to forgo the bluetooth style that connects to your mobile phone for a longer lasting and more reliable (at least from the reviews I read) polar HR monitor watch and strap. Used it for the first time this morning for my run and I love it! It was nice to be able to use it and not run down my phone battery at the same time. It's also so easy to just quickly glance at your wrist to see where you are at instead of having to have your phone sitting in a visible spot. Hopefully, this monitor will last much longer than my last one!

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend!

Today Monday the 23rd of March 10:28 Paris/Brussels time

I am typing ladies to report on what I have been up to ;-)
100 triceps extension, 100 hip thrust 40# and Supercuts.

• When I got to chest fly with tubing, in a glimpse of a thought i was prayer:D:D
"Please do not make this a 16 reps set:eek::eek:..." Thanks Goodness it was 12 reps.
My arms are quivering as I am typing.
  • I loved Rear Delt/Back/Core combo and Prone total body complex
I wish cathe could re-visit Rear/Delt/Back/Core combo in future filming.

Have a good day ladies,

Sounds like a tough workout Nathalie! Lots of 100 rep challenges. I need to revisit those! I do want to do STS again but it is not on my schedule to July at the soonest.

Yesterday I did Iron Core Bootcamp (kettlebells) and this morning was the KB/KB Scorcher Strength + STS Extended Stretch. Planned doubles is Iron Core Warrior 1 (again--KBs). These workouts have definitely gotten better! I have been suffering some severe DOMS from these workouts. Iron Core Bootcamp was awesome and tough and at least this first KB/KB Scorcher was exactly what I was hoping for with the series. I loved it! Challenging and an awesome workout. Even tho Dasha talked a lot in this workout, her persona is different. Definitely more likeable. And oddly, she led the workout much better in Scorcher than she did in The Body Series. I'm sure Scorcher came first, so you'd think that would be the rough one. Not at all. Her cuing and teaching were perfect.

SarBear--you sound like my daughter. She is a runner and loves it. She runs her first 1/2 marathon next month. Me, on the other hand have always hated running. And I did a lot of it back when I was in the military. I never got a runners high. Just runners hate. (o; But I definitely get a high from working out.

Jodi--how does PF workouts compare to Cathe workouts? What about other trainers? I already bought them so I guess these are questions I should have asked first, but now that I am thinking about how I will be redoing my May rotation, I am curious!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.