Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Last Week's Rotation

Day 1 LIS Cycle Max Express
Day 2 RWH Upper Body Circuit (love this workout)
Day 3 RWH Low Impact Hiit 2 (really enjoyed this workout, great sweat)
Day 4 RWH Back/Biceps/Shoulders
Day 5 Rest
Day 6 Chest/Triceps/Shoulders
Day 7 Xtrain Ride Premix 3

I think my body really liked this type of rotation, not too jarring on my joints. And Im noticing I can add muscle definition
pretty quickly in my upper body. According to my scale my body fat is down but i have to pay more attention and start keeping
a log of that to make sure it wasn't just a fluke.Good workout week overall. Im also using myfitnesspal app and it is very helpful.

SarBear, PFLO stands for Pretty Fierce Lean Out which is a program by Lindsay Brin. Scroll back a bit and you'll see where I put a link to the program. PFX, PFXX, and PFXXX are additional workouts she made to do after PFLO or to mix with the program. It's definitely an interesting and tough program!

Ths morning was Kettlebell Kickboxing/The Body Series: Limitless Legs + Burnsets Back. Planned doubles is Kettlebell Kickboxing/The Body Series: Cardio Lean. I'm not sure what I think of this Kettlebell Kickboxing series so far. Not advanced at all and the trainer Dasha Libin definitely thinks exercisers will find it harder than it actually is (you can tell by her ongoing commentary). Maybe it is geared for beginners. I don't know. I never actually saw anywhere that this was beginner program. Maybe I need to go look again. I used a 20 and 25# kettlebell and got a decent workout, but nothing to get excited about. I am a little disappointed. I'm going to stick with it and do all of the workouts (there are 11 in the program--but it will only take me a week to do them all) but I was hoping for something more intense/challenging. I might have to go even heavier with my kettlebells to get a decent workout. I am still not sure what I think of the trainer Dasha. She is very chatty and seems to think her program is the best thing out there. Since I am not agreeing so far, I'm just not feeling her.

EDIT--I just went to Dasha's webiste and for The Body Series she writes: "Program is ideal for beginners, those looking to come back to training, or those looking to enhance their current routine." So I guess this is for beginners. Dang it. I wish I read about it more carefully before I purchased it. I also have her Scorcher KB Kickboxing series which has beginner/intermediate/advanced options, so hopefully I will get a better workout with those. Those are slated for next week. I guess I can look at this as a recovery week. And I will go HEAVY with my kettlebells!

Last edited:
Ths morning was Kettlebell Kickboxing/The Body Series: Limitless Legs + Burnsets Back. Planned doubles is Kettlebell Kickboxing/The Body Series: Cardio Lean. I'm not sure what I think of this Kettlebell Kickboxing series so far. Not advanced at all and the trainer Dasha Libin definitely thinks exercisers will find it harder than it actually is (you can tell by her ongoing commentary). Maybe it is geared for beginners. I don't know. I never actually saw anywhere that this was beginner program. Maybe I need to go look again. I used a 20 and 25# kettlebell and got a decent workout, but nothing to get excited about. I am a little disappointed. I'm going to stick with it and do all of the workouts (there are 11 in the program--but it will only take me a week to do them all) but I was hoping for something more intense/challenging. I might have to go even heavier with my kettlebells to get a decent workout. I am still not sure what I think of the trainer Dasha. She is very chatty and seems to think her program is the best thing out there. Since I am not agreeing so far, I'm just not feeling her.

EDIT--I just went to Dasha's webiste and for The Body Series she writes: "Program is ideal for beginners, those looking to come back to training, or those looking to enhance their current routine." So I guess this is for beginners. Dang it. I wish I read about it more carefully before I purchased it. I also have her Scorcher KB Kickboxing series which has beginner/intermediate/advanced options, so hopefully I will get a better workout with those. Those are slated for next week. I guess I can look at this as a recovery week. And I will go HEAVY with my kettlebells!

Hi ladies, crashing in, like I do, it's embarrassing I know, don't blame me blame DH, he says the interweb's a time sucker (i.e. translates to "don't but any anything else you have enough stuff ")

Jengollf you mean you're not doing Bodyshred? Chop, chop girl. I did two parts of Killer Body so far, likey, it's kind of in-between JMBR & Bodyshred, the formats more like JMBR which you're familiar with, but I think the intensity and super setting is more like Bodyshred. I really have to do it a few more times & I'm only into phase two of JMBR, which for some reason is proving to be challenging in it's own way. I never feel like I'm really going all out, like Bodyshred but I'm getting really good workouts from it. It is definitely progressive too. I twerked myself about two weeks ago and did light cardio for a while but it appears I did not completely twerk myself so I believe I'm back in business. Ha. I will have to pick up Tracy A.'s Method Express as she's my go to sculptress (no telling...) Still debating on Dasha's 7 Day Lean, its on the radar.

I wondered about the white background in some of Dasha's workouts, if she might be doing something for XBOX, maybe that's not what that is for IDK. It just occurred to me Tracy did something like that in Continuity. In a simultaneous upgrade/downsize move I could get a lot out of Xbox (oh, dear...)

I do try to keep up with what y'all are doing Jodi, Nathalie, Mary, Elaine, SarBear, healing11, even if I'm not around as much. Keep it up! Thanks for the KBKB tips, Jen, & the Asylum review. Likey, that too.

Thanks Jen for letting us know about Dasha program. Sorry for your disappointment.

This morning workout was Cardio leg blast, main program and 100 intermediate push on tempo:):)

112to Guru--We ae always happy to have you crash in on us! And I am doing Bodyshred in April. Actually, I start it March 30 but April is my P90X2/Bodyshred rotation. I am very much looking forward to that. So maybe it's a good thing I am taking it a little easier this week in preparation. That is interesting about the similarities with Killer Body. I actually liked Killer Body a lot.

Since I am doing one Burnset segment a day this week, I was really surprised that Burnset Back wasn't as hard as I remembered it. Of course, it has been over a year since I've done Burnsets. So I guess I have come a long way! I am looking forward to seeing how the rest of them feel as the week progresses.

I didn't realize I hadn't checked-in since last Wednesday! This is what I've done:

Thursday: KCM Muscle Up - everything except Legs
Friday: Suzanne Bowen, Barre Amped - Thigh and Seat sections
Saturday: Tracie Long, Longevity Defining Shape (I loved this one! Challenging functional fitness but not overly intense.)
Sunday: rest

Monday: Today I started Body Beast with Build Chest and Tri's. Loved it!!!

Last Thursday I started to do some walking since the snow has all melted. I figured it might help strengthen my calf. I think it is starting to make a little difference. I started with 22 min and went up to 50 min. Now I'm wondering just how long I should walk for. An hour seems like a long enough time, but how effective is that going to be in a few weeks? I don't want it to take up my whole day! I ordered some Vivobarefoot shoes for walking and walked in them today only 24 min. They seemed fine. They are supposed to make your legs work more, I guess, and strengthen them. It's supposed to get cold again, so I may or may not go out depending on the wind.

Jen - I bought KBKB - Body Series too. I didn't remember seeing they were good for beginners until after I got them. I, too, was really disappointed when I saw that. Late Dec I did two of them for a workout Cardio Lean 2.0 + Abs and Core. I remember thinking they were just okay. I haven't done any others. I'm hoping we can make them more intense by using heavier bells. I will be very interested in hearing what you think of the rest of the Body Series and also the Scorcher Series. Scorcher seems to be the most preferred series of the 3, but I really couldn't see much difference between the 2 series from the clips. So I'm hoping to find that out from you. :D

Nice workouts everyone!

Today was PFXX Upper Body Endurance 2. I didn't sleep well last night so this just seemed extra hard today. I also tacked on what she calls an Upper Superset...you do 10 pushups/10 tricep dips, 9/9, 8/8, etc. down to 1/1 and then back the other way to 10/10. That is not on the DVD, you do it on your own. This was also tough after that workout. Not gonna lie, I had to drop to my knees often while doing the pushups!

This morning was XTrain chest, back, and shoulders. I really like how this one is done.

I've looked at clips of Dasha's workouts and I don't think I could handle all the chatter, even if the workout was great.

This morning was KB/KB Amazing Arms + Burnsets Triceps. Planned doubles is KB/KB 40/20 Cardio. And Elaine, she never shuts up. Nonstop chatter. It is annoying--and she doesn't even given you a great workout to make up for it like Mike does in Tapout XT. I'm not sure how this morning's workout is supposed to give me Amazing Arms, but she sure did tell me enough times she was going to give me amazing arms! I kept waiting for that to happen, but few of the exercises would make that happen. The ones that would were done for one minute then never revisited. You don't come close to burning a single muscle group out.

Mary--I am hoping the Scorcher Series delivers more than The Body Series has so far because I really want some good kettlebell workouts. I still have Iron Core scheduled for next week, too. And I would think walking consistently for 30 minutes to an hour is all you need--you don't have to keep adding to it. If anything, change the terrain--more hills, more uneven ground.

Jodi--I am seriously wanting the Pretty Fierce series now. I think I need an intervention.

Today was PFXX Lower Body Endurance 2. I looked at my notes for this one from the first time I did it and thought this probably won't be as tough as I thought this second go round. Wrong. Dripping sweat and gasping! Plus, my glutes and hams were still just a bit sore from Sunday's workout so now they are screaming at me.

I'm with Elaine, I can't stand a lot of chatter from a trainer. I've tried a couple of workouts from Denise Austin but she was so chatty and so gung ho, I couldn't stomach it. Dead silence may be weird, but I would prefer that over chatter.

This morning I did Barre Amped Boot Camp - Thigh, Seat, and Core sections, basically everything except Arms.

Dasha's chatter didn't seem to bother me the "ONE" time I did her workouts, but for some reason Paul Katami's jabbering really bugs me every time I go to view a clip. IMO he talks too much. I have his Build and Burn workout.

This morning was KB/KB Absolute Abs & Core and I actually liked this one. The first KB/KB workout I've liked so far! Not advanced but more intermediate than the others. Dasha was still chatty but it didn't bother me as much since I liked the workout. I also did Burnsets Shoulders. Planned doubles is KB/KB Double KB Cardio. I HATED 40/20 Burn btw--that was yesterday's doubles workout. Not intense at all, her nonstop chatter was worse than ever and the production value of this particular workout was horrendous.

And I love Paul Katami workouts! I don't recall a lack of music. Build & Burn is awesome and I swear it had music tho it has been a while since I've done it. It was definitely a super tough workout--for me at least.

Hey, Jen your right there is music in Build and Burn. I had to go take a look.
I don't know what it was about it. I just didn't click with Paul katami.

This morning I did RWH Low Impact Hiit first half of one and second half of two. This premix was seamless. I never noticed when it switched to low impact 2 , until I looked up and realized their outfits where different.

This morning was Body Beast Build Back & Bi's. Last time I did BB I didn't set up a pull-up bar. This time around I'm using it and I believe it will make a big difference! That's one tough back workout. :D

Today was PFX Core Plyometrics and PFLO Yoga. I'm not really sure why she calls the workout Core Plyometrics since there's not a whole lot of jumping involved. A better name might have been Core Burpees since you do about a gazillion of them. Ok, it's not that bad, but you do a lot in all different kinds of way. Other than that and some tuck jumps, you're not really jumping around. That being said, it is a good core workout and I worked up a good sweat.

Mary, I love the back workouts from BB! I wish I had somewhere to hang a pull up bar to try the workouts that way.

It's been another busy week so I haven't been able to check in regularly. Monday was STS M2 W4 Leg, Tuesday was STS M2 W4 Back and Biceps, and then today was a well deserved rest day!

Jodi-I checked out the Pretty Fierce series on Lindsay's website and it has definitely peaked my interest! I read somewhere that she has a rotation for it that incorporates running. That might be right up my alley! I used to run a lot before I discovered my love for weights. Would love to get back into it, at least a little bit. Sigh...so little time and yet so many fitness programs I want to do! :)

This morning was KB/KB Perfect Butt + Burnsets Chest. Planned Doubles is KB/KB Train Anywhere. I have to revise my opinion about this series. Yesterday's doubles workout Double Kettlebell Cardio Challenge was AWESOME! I loved it! And this morning's Perfect Butt was another a great one. So that is 3 out of the 7 I have done that I will return to. 3 more to go. My butt is burning right now from this morning's workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.