Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Today was PFXXX Metabolic Conditioning 1 & 2 and a segment of Stretch Max. More tough workouts! Each one is structured the same...8 exercises for 45 seconds each, done in 3 sets with a minute rest in between each set. For #1, for 6 of 8 exercises you are in some kind of plank position. My arms were like spaghetti when done! For #2, you're on your feet more as it's more lower body focused with some upper body. Now some cons for the workouts...you have to do your own warm-up and cool down. Stretch Max was my cool down, and I warmed up with some light cardio as she previewed the 8 exercises so not a deal breaker. Also, once she is done previewing, you don't hear another peep our of her. Nothing! For #2, it's not a big deal since you can see her and see the clock, but for #1, you are in plank most of the time. You have no idea when 45 seconds are up! Since I had previewed the workout, I fixed that by setting my interval timer on my iPad. Wasn't perfect, but it helped. Overall, I liked them, and again, they are tough!

I am dying. For some reason I could not not sleep last night and I am exhausted. It is going to be a long day. This morning was Pump Revolution and I loved it. Finally, this is what I was looking for from Les Mills Pump--a total body endurance workout. My body is burning--mostly upper body, but feeling it in lower body, too. Planned doubles is Mark Lauren's Body Weight Training workout #3.

Jodi- that is odd that the trainer gets quiet. Mark Lauren actually does that in his Body Weight Training workouts. I think this is his first DVD and he has long moments of total silence as you work out which is kind of weird. However, he does cue. Is there music? Sometimes the music in Bodyweight Training is super corny, sometimes it works, and sometimes I don't even notice it. The music to Pump Revolution this morning was AWESOME and so motivating.

Yesterday was a much needed rest day, I was sore and achey all over. This morning I took it easy with Suzanne Bowen & Leah Sarago's Ruah Release.

Jen, sorry you had such a bad night last night. It's miserable! That happens to me every once in a while. I hope you sleep well tonight to make up for it.

Elaine, I'm only 5 feet tall too. It's kind of rare to find someone else so petite. :)

Nathalie, no, the need for knee surgery has not been confirmed. I did not have an MRI done right away, since the physician's assistant said a sprained MCL will heal in 4-6 weeks. I'm at 6 weeks and it doesn't feel close to being healed. The surrounding muscles feel healed though. I'm pretty sure he'll order an MRI. He did say that there was the possibility of a torn meniscus cartilage and, worst case, also torn ACL. I took the more conservative option of waiting to see if it would heal on it's own instead of having an MRI because our insurance doesn't cover anything until after a $5000 or $6000 deductible (somewhere around that range) and my preference is to avoid all unnecessary procedures such as MRI, x-ray, surgery, etc. I'm sure not happy about how long this is going to take (and cost). I went through this sort of thing last summer.

Hi Ladies,

To catwoman: I would like to have more information about the program you are on at the moment.
Would you mind posting a link here? You sound having fun ;-)

To Mary: Hope your knee heal promptly. I also hope you manage to get some satisfying accomplishment
in your workout. We all know how frustrating we can get being grounded in some degree.

Has posted yesterday I did supercut. I forgot how fun it is.
I felt the Rear delt/Back/Core combo big time:p In a very good way.
Felt a little bit on my glute.

Today workout was CLB75'...I wanted to go extreme :D
I am feeling DOMS fully on my legs as I am typing this post.
I know I will feel it more tomorrow:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jen, there is music, but it is nothing special and more like background noise. That doesn't really bother me, though. I really only need motivating music when I'm on the treadmill because I don't enjoy it otherwise. I should call it the dreadmill!

Nathalie, you can see the original program at www.momsintofitness.com/lean-out/. I wish I knew how to post it as a link!

Today was all about the core. I did PFX Core Cardio and PFXXX Core Conditioning. Both good workouts. In Core Cardio, you do 5 rounds of 3 minutes of standing core-related cardio and then 2 minutes of floor core work. Worked up a good sweat! Core Conditioning was set up like yesterday's workouts...3 sets of 8 core exercises for 30 seconds each with a minute rest in between each set. Again, she says nothing so without my own timer, I had to keep trying to look at the screen the best I could. Still a nice workout though.

This morning was Les Mills Combat 60 and planned doubles is Asylum Relief. Somehow kickboxing felt like exactly what I needed this morning.

I don't generally care about the music in workout DVDs either--it doesn't deter me at all if it is forgettable or unnoticeable, but I do love it when it the music is really motivating. Les Mills does that, TurboFire, even Cathe sometimes has some really motivating music. JM had some really good music in some of her BR workouts.

Sorry I haven't been checking in the last few days. Having a really rough week at work. Haven't really felt like working out, but I am trying my best not to let the work stuff that's getting me down be the reason to skip a workout. It's just not fair to myself. So on Tuesday I did this week's STS legs workout, yesterday I did STS M2 W3 Back and Biceps, and then today was my regularly scheduled rest day.

Hope everyone has been having a good week.

Today was PFX Total Body Endurance 2. Whew! Another good one! This is set up just like the original with alternating circuits of body weight exercises and med ball exercises. The speed was not as frantic as in the first one so that made it much more bearable. You could tell she was getting exhausted towards the end! In the last circuit, you do a little run to the side, do a burpee and then a full plank jack. You do 10 reps in 3 different rounds. By the third round, she slumped a bit and had a look like, crap, I gotta do this again. Haha! Nice to know she was working hard, too!

This morning was Les Mills Pump Extreme. I sure do love Les Mills Pump workouts--Revolution and Extreme in particular hit every single muscle in the body. Excellent total body workouts. No doubles today.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time at work SarBear. I hope things improve. And it's good you're keeping up with your workouts; exercises helps the body and the mind.

I'm really interested in this system Jodi. In fact, I have put it on my wishlist. Unfortunately I have to stop buying systems/programs for a while. But it is definitely on my To Buy list. I just cannot believe I cannot ever look at what I have now and say--Jen, you have enough! More than enough! I am trying tho. No more new programs for a while. I really need to stop buying individual workouts, too. However, I have recently purchased Amy Bento's Slo Mo, Michelle Dozois two new Peak 10 workouts and Amy Dixon's two new workouts. I MUST STOP tho.

Today is a wonderful rest day.

Jen, I am in the same boat as you with buying new workouts when I still have ones untouched at home. I say that, yet I want JM's new one, the Amy Dixon ones, more Mark Lauren...the list goes on and on. But, hey, I guess there are worse things to be addicted to!

I don't think I've checked in sense Tuesday. Here's what I've been up to:

Wed. Cardio Coach vol. 2 on my bike
Thurs. Rest day
Today: RWH back,shoulders,biceps 2 sets and finishers. Then I did the lower body circuit premix without blasts.

Today was treadmill day. Inspiration came from Kelly Clarkson's new CD, Piece by Piece. Great stuff, just love her voice. She's not as angry this time around...I guess that's what a new marriage and baby will do for you!

Checking in quickly before I head to bed for some much needed zzzzz's. Yesterday, I did the upper body premix from High Reps. Today was supposed to be cardio, but I didn't sleep that great last night so I decided to test out a couple of the workouts from Zcut Kettlebell Start series. Each workout is roughly 15 min (give or take). I purchased this series recently with the thought that I could use them as doubles that I could do in the evenings since they are so short. Plus I really would like to try out working out with kettlebells more. I did workouts 1 and 2 (so roughly 30 min) since I was sort of dragging today. Not the most intense workout today, but it was better than skipping altogether. Afterwards, I jumped on my computer and bought Lauren Brooks Kettlebell Body. Zcut's workouts will be good for doubles, but I didn't find them intense enough to be used alone like I did today.

Thanks for the kind words Jen. Work was really rough this past week, but thankfully time heals all and I know it'll eventually get better.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. Yesterday I did Asylum Game Day, finishing off my Asylum/Les Mills Pump rotation. For the next two weeks I am doing primarily kettlebell workouts. This morning I did Kettlebell Kickboxing/The Body Series: Kettlebell 101. I debated whether to bother with it since I've been doing kettlebell workouts for a long time and this tutorial is an hour long but in her literature she says even advanced exercisers and people who have been doing kettlebells for a long time should go through it so I did. It didn't really give me a lot of new info or a good workout (you do some reps of all the moves she breaks down, but she spends so long talking between each exercise you never really break a sweat), but it did give me a few good form pointers. I'm not sure what I think of Dasha Libin yet but I guess I will form an opinion this week!

I glad you mentioned that SarBear. I also have the Zcut kettlebell series and toyed with using it for my doubles workouts the next two weeks, then decided not to. Mostly because it has beginner in the title. Not sure why I bought them to be honest. But since I have, I will have to try them at some point.

Last edited:
Today was PFX Pure Glutes, PFLO Core Endurance, and Yoga Hybrid. Pure Glutes is a barre workout and was such a nice surprise after all the fast-paced workouts in the series. The only barre experience I have is from Cathe, and I really do love the burn you get without having to use weights. And this workout definitely gave a good burn! There were many barre moves I hadn't seen before, and my whole backside is reminding me of that fact every time I move around. :)

Today, I started week 4 of STS M2 with Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. I can't believe this is the last week of this Mesocycle. I feel like time is flying this round STS.

Jen--excited to hear that you will be focusing on kettlebells over the next couple of weeks. I'm looking for ideas for more KB DVD's to get so I can't wait to see which ones you have built into your current workout rotation.

Jodi--what series are you doing again? I can't remember what the PFX and PFLO stand for. I keep getting more and more intrigued reading your check-in's.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.