Bodybuilding/Sculpting check-in;-)

Yesterday, I did RWH Upper body circuit no blast premix. I was not at my best. This workout made me feel like puking. I've been feeling stressed lately. I should probably devote 3 or 4 days to the ultimate yogi. Last winter I did 21 straight days of it and really felt calmer. The only problem is my basement where I workout is not heated. At 3 degrees outside I need to use a space heater, but I still freeze during Savasana ( corpse pose).

Yesterday, I did RWH Upper body circuit no blast premix. I was not at my best. This workout made me feel like puking. I've been feeling stressed lately. I should probably devote 3 or 4 days to the ultimate yogi. Last winter I did 21 straight days of it and really felt calmer. The only problem is my basement where I workout is not heated. At 3 degrees outside I need to use a space heater, but I still freeze during Savasana ( corpse pose).

My workout room is in the basement as well. And it isnt heated. I use a space heater as well, but it certainly impacts my workouts. Looking forward to warmer days.

Here are my workouts from this week.

Day 1 Athletic Training (Leg Cardio Express)
Day 2 Low Impact Series Cardio SuperSets and Step
Day 3 Low Impact Series Athletic Training (Leg Cardio Express)
Day 4 RWH Lift It Hit It Chest/Shoulders/ Triceps
Day 5 Low Impact Series Cycle Max Express

I absolutely love the Low Impact Series. I truly believe these are some of Cathe's best. I can really appreciate the break from
the pounding my joints. The cold weather impacted my workouts, my cold basement impacts my motivation. Ive been working
out upstairs but not as enjoyable with hubby walking around. He's supportive and likes that I take care of myself. He even jokes
and says that Cathe is my best friend. LOL!!! But nothing like my workout room in my basement. Next week should be warmer and I
can comfortably go back to my woman cave!!!!!

Hello Ladies,

Hope you are having a good week end. I had deprived myself decent sleep and needed to rest.
Could not workout properly. Too much stress due to busy time at work.
Anyway I am back to normal now. I need to kick my fitness mojo up the notch.

So I went ahead and treated myself with the original club step, the grey one.
The similar to cathe's one. I believe it is the same without cathe's stamp. I hope it is cause it softens
the jumping shock which others do not. I had a small step in the past and thought it was time to have
a proper professional step. I love plyo very much, so it makes sense to have one. The post man tried to
deliver yesterday while I was not in. Grrr Need to wait till Monday. I need it badly as I have CLB lined up!;);)

Elaine: Your line up look great. Sure you will have fun with athletic training. I am going to do that one
in near future now that I am having my large step. LIS low impact series is cathe's unique gems
we can not compare to anything on the market IMHO. I have not come accross any low impact
package.

To Jen: I do wear the HR monitor for cardios to check I am working hard enough. I make sure the average
meet the purpose of the cardio workout. I do not wear it all the time.I like to hear the bleep during blast.
85% heart is not an issue as long as you are not feeling dizzy. If you are feeling fine IMHO it is ok.

To SarBear: What versa grip did you buy? I am considering getting one.

That is all I have to share so far. Hope you get some warmth soon. Weather is dry here in europe.
In fact it is Sunny day! Oddd I know it is supposed to be winter :oops::oops:

Will report tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yesterday I did Asylum's Back to Core + Overtime + STS Extended Stretch. Today is a much needed rest day! My back muscles have been sore for days!

I hope you are feeling better Elaine!

Glad to see things are normalizing for you Nathalie! Enjoy your step! I was happy when I replaced my old TransFirmer step with my club step. I didn't get it off Cathe's site, but it looks exactly like the ones she uses and I like it so much better than my TransFirmer. Except the TransFirmer inclines really well--I've thought of bringing it back into the workout room and using it just for incline work, but I also have a workout bench that inclines, so I figure if I don't like the step I should use the bench. The problem is, I don't like the way the bench inclines either!

Glad to see things are normalizing for you Nathalie! Enjoy your step! I was happy when I replaced my old TransFirmer step with my club step. I didn't get it off Cathe's site, but it looks exactly like the ones she uses and I like it so much better than my TransFirmer. Except the TransFirmer inclines really well--I've thought of bringing it back into the workout room and using it just for incline work, but I also have a workout bench that inclines, so I figure if I don't like the step I should use the bench. The problem is, I don't like the way the bench inclines either!

I can't wait to get my club step tomorrow. I do have cathe's high step. There is no cathe's stamp but it cames
with High step circuit.:):):) Talking about normalizing, I am still in the process for the nutrition part. I need
to get myself better in food planning. I still need to found places to get wholefoods from. Since I like ordering
stuff online, I will still get some of my stuff from Britain. It does take time settling back here in Belgium.

Jen How is your mother? Is her health any better?

Last edited:
Elaine and Nathalie, I hope your stress eases. I've just had a load of stress lifted, my 27 yo son just moved out, finally! :D

He even jokes and says that Cathe is my best friend. LOL!!! But nothing like my workout room in my basement. Next week should be warmer and I can comfortably go back to my woman cave!!!!!

LOL I love this! I don't know what I'd do without my workout space! or Cathe!!

I am soooo sore from that push-up/pull-up (chest & back) workout yesterday. Today I did Essentrics Class of 2012, a nice long fluid stretch with a bit of a strength burn. After this next week I'm going to start Body Beast upper body only (again!) plus other lower body workouts. I don't think my knee is healing and I'll probably need surgery. At times this really bothers me mentally. I want to have this rotation in place and started so I have the focus and motivation to keep going with the workouts, even if I do have to take a week or so off. My next doctor appt is in 2 weeks. I'm not hopeful. On the other hand, my leg workouts have been progressing nicely. I just don't want to be set back to ground zero again.

Today was PFLO Total Body Endurance and PFLO Core Strength. You know those workouts you have which you know are really effective but there is a bit of a dread factor to do them? That is TBE. It alternates between circuits of body weight exercises and medicine ball exercises and speed is the main focus. I was wiped out at the end!

We're finely getting some warmer weather this week, but it will be raining every day. It will seem like Seattle, not the South!

Jodi--I know about workouts with dread-factor. I'll be honest, I feel that way about a lot of Shaun T's workouts--dread. It's one of the reasons I kept putting Asylum on the back burner for so long. Now I regret that because it is not like his other Insanity workouts at all (at least not so far). Not much dread. Well, there is dread before I do them, but then after, I'm thinking--not so bad! I have some dread about Michelle Dozois Peak 10 Cardio Strength workouts, too, sometimes. Especially when I really challenge myself and go heavy. Not much dread to any Cathe workout tho--except maybe her new Plyo HIIT. There is some dread there. PFLO sounds tough. Those medicine ball combos are tougher than they seem. Tapout XT 2 used a medicine ball a lot and it was killer.

Nathalie, thanks for asking. My mom is all better. They removed all the cancer, she is finished with radiation and the last time they checked (around Christmas) her MRI came back clean. So fingers crossed it stays away. Now if only I could get her to take actually care of herself. Her and my dad!

Mary, I would say you are far from ground zero. Even if you have to take all of the impact off your knees you are still getting excellent workouts--both upper and lower body. Impact isn't essential. And you have learned all kinds of ways to modify, so if you have to get the surgery, you can still workout and come back stronger than ever. I am in better physical shape now than I was pre-accident, even if there are things I can't do as well because of my feet.

Today's workout was Les Mills Pump Pump & Shred + Hardcore Abs. Planned doubles is Mark Lauren's Body Weight Training workout #1.

This morning I decided to do STS Meso 3 squat rack legs. I do not own a squat rack but I got a weighted vest for Christmas and thought I would put it to use, plus I've owned this workout since it was first produced. I've always done the plyo leg workouts. I really enjoyed it. I need advice on the front squats. I have a hard time holding the barbell loaded in front of me. Any advice on how to hold it. The weight is heavy and my wrists give out and it kills the front of my shoulders to hold it like Cathe does. Hmm...just thought maybe I could put a barbell pad on it to protect the front of my shoulders. has anyone done it this way?

Happy Monday Ladies-

Yesterday my husband and I woke up at the crack of the dawn and road tripped up to the Arnold Fitness Expo in Columbus, Ohio. Because we were getting up so early and were "springing forward" clock-wise, I decided to make it a cardio day rather than starting Week 3 of STS Meso 2. I did the cardio only section of Hard Strikes. There was no way I was going to walk around a fitness expo with out at least doing some sort of workout, even if it was only 30 minutes of cardio! haha! The Expo was packed, but we had a great time walking around getting samples and swag from the various vendors. We saw so many amazingly fit people (of all shapes/sizes). It was very motivating to say the least!

Today I started Week 3 of STS Meso 2 with Chest, Shoulders and Triceps. After yesterday's motivation, I really challenged myself to go up in weights from last week and got a great workout. I can't believe I'm halfway through STS. I can't make up my mind what my next rotation will be. Part of me would like to add more bodyweight training because that's something I'm not doing a lot of currently. Oh, decisions...decisions.

Nathalie-I got the pro versa grips. I purchased them on Amazon and they were the same price as the other two versions so I figured why not! It sounded like they may be made from a slightly stronger material than the "fit" version. I love them-especially for back/bicep workouts where you are doing a lot of pulling motions. I seem to use them less for pushing exercises.

I was so tired this morning, but I did get a workout in this afternoon - Jillian's Killer Buns and Thighs, workout 1.

Jen, you are right, probably not ground zero. I really haven't had a serious surgery since having a cesarean section in 1987. My ruptured Achilles last summer was healed without surgery, instead it was 3 months in a cast & boot which really atrophied my calf. I'm probably imagining the worst for my knee with a long recovery. It's kind of frustrating not being "whole." It's so good to hear that your mom is doing well!

Elaine, I don't have any advice, but I will say that front squats is one of the hardest and most uncomfortable exercises I've ever done. It kills my lower back and is painful on the shoulders. I don't think a barbell pad would work because of how you hold the bar. I'm open to advice on that one too.

Hi Ladies,

To Elaine: Front squat is one of the exercise which seem to be hardest to most of us. I would say first opt for the
variation recommended by Cathe. Practice first with no weight to master your technique in front of
the mirror. Visualise yourself holding a BB and travel up and down.You will get better.

To Jen: I am so happy for you with regards to your mother health. Stay positive.

To Mary: Hope you get your knee healed promptly. Is it definetely confirmed you need surgery?

This morning workout was RwH Hiit low impact one+abs1 and KCM lift workout.
Funnily Elaine I had to do front squat while doing KCM lift. I did much better than
last time holding the barbell on shoulders keeping elbows forward.

I felt accomplised and enjoyed the combination:):):)
In the end I had so much fun that I thought I should do it again in near future.
I loved the abs1 very much.

Will report tomorrow.;)

Last edited:
Good morning Ladies! This morning I did Asylum's Vertical Plyo + STS Extended Stretch. Planned doubles is Mark Lauren's Body Weight Training workout #2.

Front squats are uncomfortable on my wrists as well. I generally hold the bar wider than Cathe does and let it partially rest on my upper arms--probably the same thing Nathalie did. It doesn't make it wonderfully comfortable or anything but it does feel better than when I try to do them like Cathe does them.

Thank you Jen and Nathalie for the ideas. I've looked up different grip ideas on YouTube. I'm going to try using my push pull tower to take my barbell off with the same grip the men do on the dvd. I'll practice with a light weight first. I'm only 5 feet so the tower is at a good height for me. I would never use it like a squat rack, but I figure with front squats I'll be facing it.

Today's workout was RWH chest shoulders and triceps. Two sets plus finishers and core 1.

I needed a shorter workout this morning.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.