Biggers breasts anyone??

Take it from someone who is a D cup, Jeanne Marie is right! Even my beloved designer Eileen Fisher started making camis with little spaghetti straps!! I CANNOT wear anything that has spaghetti straps. Can't wear cute little tops. Can't wear backless dresses. Always have to have thick straps to hide the bra straps on everything. And you know what else? My DH is not even a breast man! Sigh. Enjoy what you have. The grass always appears to be greener, but hey, guess what? It's not.

-Nancy

Yep, I'll admit it. I would love to be bigger! I'm not even an "almost A"...more like an "almost AA"! Just want enough to put SOME shape on top...even being an A would make me happy!

lisa

I am an A give or take( mostly take!) and love it! I told my hubby even if we won the lottery I would not get any breast augmentation done. I like being smaller chested, it suits me!

I wore one of those nice, expensive bras that make you go up a size or 2 when we went shopping last summer. I had on a semi tight tank top. Anyway, I did not like the looks I get from other men! It made me very uncomfortable and I haven't worn the bra since!

Susan

Lisa-
Wow! You look like your waist is about 14" around. Color me green with envy. (That's why my little coffee slurper is green :) )

-Nancy

I'm a barely B.

When I was in High School, by best (I almost spelled that "brest"!) friend and I order some contraption (basically a suction cup device) that is supposed to help you increase breast size. It didn't work (and I didn't use it much).

I would like to be naturally a bit bigger (a full B would be nice!), but I would never go to the extent of implants. I find it disturbing that so many people seem to be getting them these days. Yes, it is a personal decision, but the more people do it, the more it becomes the norm. And when people say "do whatever makes you happy," I always wonder WHY do larger breasts make you happy? DO they really? Why were you unhappy with the size you had (unless they were uneven or deformed).

I've gotten to the point where I value my intelligence, sense of humor, creativity, and my work more than having bigger breasts. I also have other physical traits that I really like (nice, squared shoulders, a nice back, etc.) and I know how to dress to make the most of what I have (most of the time!).

We are more than our breasts, and are all different and unique individuals. Some of us are A's, some B's, some C's, some D's.

>Oh yeah. I have been there. I don't struggle anymore. I
>actually like having smaller breast. I took breast enhancing
>pills several years ago and the only thing I noticed was an
>increase in nipple size, not breast size as much. My hubby
>prefers my breast just the way they are anyhow and I have
>learned to love myself just the way I am. Always trying to
>make improvements, but you got to learn to love what God gave
>you. I am not saying there is anything wrong with breast
>augmentation, etc. I am just saying that it isn't for me. To
>each their own.
>
>Charlotte~~

I agree. I am an A cup and I would love to be just a B cup, but I am ok with what I got. My husband likes bigger boobs, but he wouldn't want me to get augmented. I'm almost 42. I guess I figure at this point in my life, what's the point. The rest of me is fit and healthy.

I'm normally a B, which I like. Now that I am breastfeeding, I'm a D and I hate it. I feel like the "charwoman" from Monty Python. I can't wait for my boobs to shrink (along with the rest of me:p).

I vote for working on accepting yourself and going without the implants.

Maggie:)

I'm a D--would kill to be an A or even a B. But even when I was seriously underweight, I only went to a C. D's are no fun, as a couple of other people have already said.

Hey Nancy: Victoria's Secret makes a bra with straps that adjust to a halter configuration. You're a little bouncy in it (VS does not make great bras for the well-endowed)--but I was actually able to wear halter dress with an open back for the first time in years last summer--I was so excited!!

I wear all my spaghetti strap camis under sweaters and jackets. :(

Kathryn-
I am totally with you on that. It disturbs me too, even more than I want to admit to myself. Confession: I find myself to be prejudiced against people who do it. If I like someone and I'm thinking about wanting to be friends with her, then find out she had the surgery, I lose interest. Am I being too harsh? I just figure that our core values are so different, we'll never really be good friends, so why make the effort. Some people are homophobic, I'm augmentationphobic. Do you feel that way too? I'm kind of ashamed of it. I like to think of myself as open-minded.
-Nancy

Dml, thanks so much for adding your perspective here. It is very meaningful. I know I would feel the same way in your position. So glad that you're well now! :)

-Nancy

I'm also an A and love it. I'm 5 2 112 so it's completely proportionate. I love it I can wear pretty any top and never have to worry about looking "sleazy". I can wear xs turtlenecks that fit snuggly :) Little or no problem of sagging. No pain with running.

Yes I'm totally happy with my size.

Hmmmm....I have fairly substantial breasts for my size (36B) and I wear tanks and pretty little tops all the time and am not worried that I look sleazy. There are enough camis/tanks out there with built in bras that it's not a problem. I am also not having much problem with sag. But then I have always been ridiculously perky, in breast, if not in attitude, so maybe that makes a difference too. :D At any rate I have no issue with my size.
I think it's great that there is such a variety in shape, size, fullness, and yes even sag out there. With all the focus on surgery these days, I fear our society is getting to the point where we are all going to look like Stepford women, with the same exact noses, lips, eye shape, breasts, you name it. How boring will that be!

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Bigger boobs...naa....now, if you said bigger butt I would say, "oh yeah without a giving it a second thought!"

Robin:)

>>Some people are homophobic, I'm augmentationphobic. Do you
>feel that way too? I'm kind of ashamed of it. I like to
>think of myself as open-minded.
>-Nancy

I've never met anyone personally with a breast augmentation, but I definitely do think somewhat less of them. It's just so foreign a concept to me (to "feel better" about yourself, you get fake breasts. Why does it make you feel better? If it doesn't make you feel better, then why do it? Why does a woman feel she needs larger breasts (like the original poster, who, with "full B" breasts is not "small breasted")? Of course, reconstructive surgery is a whole other situation. )

Do people get surgery to get smarter? Or funnier? Or be more creative? Because quite a few more people are lacking in those areas than in breast size, IMO.

The closest 'personal' relationship I have with an 'augmentee' is with some fitness instructors. I have quite a few Firm workouts, and those instructors are infamous for getting boob jobs. I've seen them "before" and "after," and quite frankly, I think they look much better before: proportionate, natural (not like--in particular with one of them--they have basketballs hidden under their shirts).

It's like they have a little clique where you almost have to have a BA to work at the Firm. I never knew North Carolina (or is it south?) was such a hot-bed of plastic surgery--or maybe the Firm has its own doctor on call? I can almost understand it, because the creator of the Firm used to talk a lot about being something like appearance-dominated athletes (she had a special term for it).

What I DON'T understand is Karen Voight. Who went from an "A" cup to a "D'cup. The first workout I got from her after her surgery, I couldn't even stand to use it, so I got rid of it. I was actually somewhat angry at her: someone who promotes health and fitness and, one would hope, a healthy lifestyle, getting a breast augmentation. What kind of a role model is that? Now, I can workout with her again, but I admit that with both her and the Firm bazoomba babes, I make snide little comments in my head from time to time (like when they say "keep your chest high" I think "yeah, easy for you to say, yours is fake!" or when they do push=ups and say to go low enough so your chest is about an inch from the floor, I think "that's quite a bit lower for me than for you!").

Does being open-minded mean you have to accept everything? I think if your mind is too open, your brains might fall out.

On another site, someone posted a picture of a t-shirt:

Front: Who needs bigger t....s
Back: When you've got an @$$ like this

Modelled by a woman with A-cup breast and a fine booty.

>Do people get surgery to get smarter? Or funnier? Or be more
>creative? Because quite a few more people are lacking in those
>areas than in breast size, IMO.

>Does being open-minded mean you have to accept everything? I
>think if your mind is too open, your brains might fall out.

Kathryn,

I couldn't have said it any better, although, I'm thinking I might need a brain augmentation:eek: ;(

Michele:)

Another thought, Tina:

Maybe change role models.

With "full B/smaller C" breasts, you are by no means "small breasted" (except compared to Pamela Anderson, who looks freakish).
Look at all the beautiful, talented, desired women who are small breaseted: Nicole Kidman, Charleze Therone, Chili (from TLC). You'll see beauty comes in all shapes and sizes, and we are all made differently.

Also, find clothes (including bras) that you feel beautiful and sexy in. One of the women of "What not to Wear"( I think, Nancy would know better than I) is very flat, but she knows how to dress to flatter her figure.

Just a thought, but perhaps there is something else going on in your life that you feel will be helped with larger breasts. Is there a man in the picture who seems dissatisfied? Maybe he's not the man for you.

One of my collegues, normally a "small B" like me, was about a "D" when she was pregnant, and she said she hated it. I told her to take advantage of it and get some sexy bras to push those babies out, but she said she felt sloppy and disproportionate. And when she was nursing, they were hanging pretty low. That makes one look dowdier and older, IMO.

>On another site, someone posted a picture of a t-shirt:
>
>Front: Who needs bigger t....s
>Back: When you've got an @$$ like this
>
>Modelled by a woman with A-cup breast and a fine booty.

This is great! Love it!

Another one I have seen:

Anybody can have big breasts,
but it takes lots of hard work to get a fine a$$!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.