Big Butt Wanted!!

soon2bfit

Cathlete
Is there a way to build a bigger, and higher butt? My butt has gotten so flat over the years, I would love to lift it and make it bigger (not wde) muscular like it used to be. I am in decent shape, about 120 pounds , 15% body fat ( I got weighed in a tank). I need some advice.

I'd be glad to give you my big butt, but i'm sure it's not the kind you're looking for! Sorry, couldn't resist. I just wanted to suggest Butts & Guts if you don't already have it. Also the thigh master lbx may help.

Is there a way to build a bigger, and higher butt? My butt has gotten so flat over the years, I would love to lift it and make it bigger (not wde) muscular like it used to be. I am in decent shape, about 120 pounds , 15% body fat ( I got weighed in a tank). I need some advice.

Not Cathe & speaking from personal experience: I know that Legs & Glutes - especially the premix Leg Press Mania & L&G Extreme do WONDERS to lift- firm & round the butt.

HEAVY squats (need rack or go to gym). (Later part of STS should be perfect for this!!)

Here is a quote from Muscle Training Anatomy:
"The squat is one of the best exercises for developing the shape of the buttocks."

(of course it's a great, if not the best, whole body exercise also).

Other exercises which work the area (but won't allow as much weight) are:
  • lunges
  • standing kickbacks (lift up leg straight toward back, with cable resistance, ankle weight, etc)
  • extensions (elbows and knees on floor, extend and straighten leg up and back, add ankle weight for more intensity...) (This is commonly found in the "floor work" section of DVD's, including Cathe's) (there are bent leg-lift variations of this too)

As a fellow member of the flat butt club, I want to second the previous suggestion of heavy squats. You want to make the glute muscle bigger, and - as you probably know - the only way to make a muscle bigger is to lift challenging weight. Make sure you take your squat low enough to really feel it in the glutes.

Netta,

That was funny! But I really want my very own big butt!

Soon2!

Are you sure???? I've hated mine forever. All of the girls in our family (4 girls and 1 boy) have big hips/thighs like our dear mother. She never complains, just buys bigger pants....

You want a big butt, you gotta work it, honey! When I first lost weight, my butt completely disappeared. As did my boobs. When I started doing weight training, all of a sudden, there it was again! The boobs only came back when I put more body fat on, unfortunately.

Kettlebells (or even just heavy swings) can help with 'flat butt syndrome.'

Also, try the Butts and Guts floor work, followed by the "Leg Blast" premix (start with warm-up, do the glute floor work, then continue with the rest of "Leg Blast"). (doing the glute-targeted floor work first preexhausts the glutes somewhat, working them more intensely).

Also, here's a 'butt building rotation" I posted at VF : http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=129605

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions. I am currently doing sts 6 month rotation and about to repeat week 2 (disc 4,5 & 6). I am doing cardio and abs on alternate days. I am going to add Sunday in as a big butt day. I am not yet able to lift weight during squats and lunges but it sounds like from everyone's advice I need to in order to get where I want to be. So here is another question. Should I try to lift as much as possible on my big butt day and work up the reps or should I do 12 reps and work up to the weight? Thanks again!~

Nothing works as well as heavy squats and leg presses done with the feet high and wide on the platform.

You want a big butt, you gotta work it, honey! When I first lost weight, my butt completely disappeared. As did my boobs. When I started doing weight training, all of a sudden, there it was again! The boobs only came back when I put more body fat on, unfortunately.
Ooohh. This thread pulled me out of lurkdom!

I also "lost" my butt when I first lost weight over a year ago. My husband was out of town for a week and a half. When he returned and "saw" me, asked.."Um baby, where did your booty go? What happened??"

Thankfully, it returned. I was including PLB regulary in my routine and I believe those heavy leg presses and squats did the trick.

Hope this helps!

Cheryl

Thanks to everyone for all your suggestions. I am currently doing sts 6 month rotation and about to repeat week 2 (disc 4,5 & 6). I am doing cardio and abs on alternate days. I am going to add Sunday in as a big butt day. I am not yet able to lift weight during squats and lunges but it sounds like from everyone's advice I need to in order to get where I want to be. So here is another question. Should I try to lift as much as possible on my big butt day and work up the reps or should I do 12 reps and work up to the weight? Thanks again!~

3 sets of 10-12 reps at a weight where you can just barely squeak out the last couple of reps. If you can't even manage 8 good reps each set, lighten the weight. If you get to 12 on each set without struggling, you need to go heavier. And keep increasing the weight every couple of weeks or so. Make sure you go down good and deep - shallow squats work mostly the quads.

PLB is Pyramid Lower Body, which is a great workout.

I agree--leg presses improve my butt more than any other move. Squats are great, but leg presses really do the trick for me. I second the recommendation for Pyramid Lower Body.

anne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.