BFL for Monday Feb-25-08

Hey ladies:

Way to go Belinda!!

Okay, I think I did it. I pulled my back out. urrgg!! I just noted yesterday to someone how since I started this my back has never felt better. I was doing PLB -- doing those deadlifts -- I was trying to "feel it" more in my legs and leaned out a little with the bar. I felt it "pull".

Okay, I'm going to go ice it. I'm going to think POSITIVE thoughts. Now that I'm in good shape maybe it won't be so bad. :)

Michelle
P.S. I was re-reading BFFM last night -- it really made me think about some of the my food choices!!

Good morning!

Belinda, I think I'm going to copy you today. Abs first too! I find that doing the abs first guarantees it will get done! }(

Sherry, so sorry about your back! :-( I have lower back problems and really need to modify some exercises. I go to the chiropractor 2x a month which helps a great deal. Healing vibes are being sent your way! I look forward to reading your next post where you inform us that you are better!

bbl

Rhonda-did you end up doing abs at all yesterday???

Sherry-CONGRATS on finishing out the full 12 weeks!

Sherry-CONGRATS on finishing out the full 12 weeks! You know what needs to be fixed, right? Tweek it and LET’S HIT 12 MORE AWESOME WEEKS IN THE REAR!

Lainie-WELCOME ABOARD Motivation Station! Glad you joined us! I’d say, use Low Max for HIIT….how about LIC cardio??? I LOVE that cardio-only premix and it’s low-impact as well! It kicks butt! As for lower body, simply do what you can! It’s all about what works for you, just be careful!

Melissa-sounds like a busy week for you! What book did you end up getting (I LOVE to read)! I hope all goes well with DH today….keep us posted! And you’re doing FANTASTIC with this challenge! WOO HOO!

Belinda-don’t feel bad about your rest day (today is mine)! Glad you enjoyed it with your family!

Heidi-how did your run with DD go???

Michelle-Oh MAN! Take it easy, and feel better FAST! Keep the eating in focus (as you HAVE BEEN), and take it easy with the workouts and you'll be fine! BE CAREFUL! AWESOME menu for Free Day! Kick it out, girl! As for Betagen….I don’t take a single ounce of any kind of supplement…just my personal preference!

This is my tentative plan of workouts for this week (of course this is subject to change, but I’m trying to fit in all my training runs around my schedule, AND include the 3 weight workouts for the week).
Monday: Rest
Tuesday: Upper body, abs , 6-7 easy miles and Free Day
Wednesday: Lower Body, 4-7 easy miles
Thursday: 8 miles with hill repeats
Friday: Upper body, abs
Saturday: long run of 8-20 miles (both kids have sleepovers Fri night, so I can get up early for an outdoor run Saturday!)
Sunday: Rest

Here is the recipe for the meatloaf that uses cabbage instead of breadcrumbs. I put it into SparkPeople and got the nutritional info for us!

Meatloaf (no breadcrumbs)
1 lb. 93% lean ground beef or ground turkey
2 C shredded cabbage
1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp celery seed
1 T dried minced onion (I use 1/2 cup chopped fresh onion)
1 egg, beaten

In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.

The original recipe puts this meatloaf into a crockpot with these directions:
Make foil handles by folding a 30" long piece of foin in half lengthwise. Place in the bottom of a slow cooker with both ends hanging over the top edge of the cooker. The foil strip will make it much easier to remove the meatloaf when it's done.

I've baked this in a loaf pan, at 350 for about 30-40 minutes and it turned out fine!

Original Source: www.about.com (southern food)

For 4 servings Calories: 203.2, Total fat: 8.5g, Carbs: 5.7g, Protein: 26.6g, Fiber: 1.5g
For 6 servings Calories: 135.5, Total fat: 5.6g, Carbs: 3.8g, Protein: 17.7g, Fiber: 1g

Gayle

MMMM, you are making me hungry Gayle!!

Well, since I had to cut my workout short - I have a second before heading off to work. I iced my back for 15 minutes, now I'm taking a couple Aleve. I have to tell ya -- being in better shape REALLY does make a difference. It feels "pulled" -- but I'm not doubled over!! That's a plus.

Okay, I have to tell you - I did "amend" my meals yesterday. After eating so perfectly for a "free" day - the kids really wanted pizza. So, we made our own. My DH really likes sausage pizza -- so I used turkey, ground it up, added an onion and a red pepper, fennel seeds and sage. Seriously, he said he could NOT tell the difference. Then I made a side salad -- and all in all it ended up being a pretty good meal.

Okay off to drink my shake and get to work. Thanks for all the healing vibes -- I can feel them working!! I only have 4 more weeks -- and I DO NOT want to miss a workout!!!

Michelle

Morning everyone,

This morning I did BFL leg workout. It felt good to concentrate only on a couple exercises, so unlike a Cathe workout :)

I also added on KS Standing Abs from Tummy Trimmers. Yes I bought this DVD this weekend. Figured it has 5 short (10 minute) routines so I could do a different one each day.

Gayle - I didn't do any Abs on Sunday. Since I didn't eat great I jumped on my recumbent bike after dinner and rode leisurely for 30 minutes. Not like it did much but I felt better afterwards.

Not sure what the rest of the week will bring with strength exercises. I like following a video, but I also like to do it the BFL way.

Gayle and Kathy - do you see better results with BFL when doing so much cardio? I know you both are in training but was just wondering.

Thanks
Rhonda

Good Morning, Ladies ~ :)

Ok, I think I'm coming back Full Force today! :)
Started off my day w/ a Starbucks, Skinny Latte (of course my son forget to tell them to put the s/f syrup in it for me, but I'm surprised it's still good)... NO MORE WAWA (that place just gets me into trouble... :p)
Breakfast was ... Egg Whites w/ 1-Slice w/w toast (spray butter)...

Going to hit the gym this afternoon for HIIT on the Elliptical. I have been looking into a local gym down the road from my work....looks great and they hold lots of classes, including Body Pump (I so want to start this!)... I currently a member of Planet Fitness, while it's great and all, they don't hold any classes and I feel that this is what I need now to keep me motivated.

The flu has been going through my house. My BF had it almost 2-weeks ago, so here's hoping the germs made it out of the house without affecting the rest of us. I have been feeling lousy, but no fever...so that's a plus!

I am going to apologize early because I don't think there is no way I can keep up with all the personals... :(
Tonight is BBC Arms/Abs :)

BBL~ Better get some work done!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

="http://images.meez.com/user07/3/8/4/4/4/4/8/3844448_bodyshot_300x400.gif

Morning everyone!

Belinda – Great workout! The 4DS LB premix is one of my favorites.

Michelle – Oh no! I hope your back feels better after you ice it. Do you have this happen often?

Steph – I like doing abs after weights or before cardio (because I hate getting down on the floor all sweaty, ugh!

Gayle – Your schedule looks super! Are you going to do 20 miles for your long run already?

Rhonda – I’ve always done lots of cardio (I’ve actually cut back these last 8 weeks!) I train for endurance events so I need to keep the cardio at a certain level. As far as results, I’m seeing some nice changes body wise….I’m not sure if the cardio is involved as much as the heavy weights. I think lifting heavier is better for my body type.

Jennifer – Welcome back! Wawa….ugh, it’s evil sometimes, lol. I bought several BodyPump DVDs (the Les Mills instructional) off ebay. I LOVE them! The music is great and the presenters are all so motivating.

I got up this morning and did a BFL Upper Body workout (I’m ready to up the weights in a couple of exercises again, yay!) + 30 minutes spinning (using an interval DVD) + an Ab Hits segment.

Hello to all that follow, have a great day!

Kathy

Kathy** that was my first time doing the premix! I really like it! What other premix on that DVD is good? Fantastic job on your workout and your nice results!

Jennifer** glad you are back! I need to check out BodyPump by Les Mill! Have a great workout and day!

Hallo to all that follow.
Belinda
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid16930497

Hi all,
On tap: Kickbox from 4DS and weight workout with new personal trainer at gym. I’ll let you know how it goes. I think he’ll be surprised how much weight I can lift!

Got back from my weekend vacation with DH – ate out quite a bit, and I definitely notice that I have less energy this morning than usual. I am so ready to get back on the clean eating wagon. Tried an iSCUPLT Ballet when I was at the B&B (no gym) – I really liked it. It reminded me of ballet class from years ago – lots of little movements that really give you an amazing burn in your legs – and stretches that feel wonderful.

Michelle – Sending you so MANY positive thoughts for your back! Those heating pads did wonders for me last time mine went out. Remember – better to skip a workout than to have a long term injury – be good to yourself!

BBL – Have a great day everyone - welcome to Lainie and welcome back to Jennifer!

Christina

Good Monday Morning,

Yesterday was my free day and I stayed on track with my eating. I'm still stuck at a plateau with the weight/fat loss. I will change things up a bit this week to see how it works for me.

I have been practicing pull-ups. My 2 DS showed my how to do them on our smith machine. I can do about 8 of them ASSISTED, meaning I have one foot resting on the bench behind me. They are still quite hard. I tried one unassisted and couldn't pull myself up. My goal is to be able to do at least 5 unassisted by the time STS comes out. Can anyone else do Pull-ups??

Belinda- I am going to do the 4DS leg premix. Never done it before but I'm sure its a good one.

Michelle - Hope your back heals soon. My DH is having back problems as well. He thinks it is kidney stones, I say it's sciatic nerve.

Kathy - Glad your work schedule has slowed down. Way to go on upper body. ?? for you, do you do cardio and weights together each day?

HI Lanie and Welcome

Jennifer - Glad you're back!

Rhonda - Great leg workout:)

Gayle - Your meatloaf sounds delicious. I prepared a turkey meatloaf yesterday to cook for tonight. I use oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs.
I askesd Kathy the same questions, do you regularly do weights and cardio in the same day? I so am confused b/c I thought BFL wants them on different days.

Hello to Stephanie, Christine, Melissa and everyone who follows

Carolyn

Welcome Back Jennifer!!! We've been missing you!! Okay girl, we are here for you -- glad you are coming back with such an AWESOME attitude!!!

Okay, can you see, since the back injury -- I'm now going to be your cheerleading for the day!!

Belinda - Okay, I have GOT to try to those premixes!!

Rhonda - I'm right with ya - love buying new DVDs! :) Don't tempt me, I may have to run to Ross over my lunch hour! har har!

Kathy - Ready to up your weights?!! You go!!! Yup, I "pull" my back every now and then. It was becoming pretty routine -- until I started on BFL. I haven't had ANY problems since Dec. 31. Now, with four weeks left - bam, I felt it pull. Okay, noooo downer here, I'm going to use ice/heating pad/whatever - and hopefully will be able to do some sort of cardio tomorrow. I'm so in a zone!!

Christina - Yes, the heating pad will be my best friend tonight! Let us know what you think of your personal trainer.

I spent yesterday watching fittv - and really got motivated. Fit Brides was on -- amazing results in just 12-16 weeks -- hey, that's just like us!! :)

Later ladies!
Michelle

Michelle-even the ‘amended’ menu sounds GREAT! Great job, really!

Belinda-NOPE! Next week, I’ll start with the 4DS upper body, UNLESS SOMEBODY CONVINCES ME OTHERWISE! LOL

Rhonda-good leg workout???? Will you be feeling DOMS tomorrow? LOL As for BFL and all the running….we’ll see! LOL I’ve never done a BFL rotation while training for an event. We’ll see, but SO FAR, SO GOOD! Running does WONDERS for my body!

Jennifer!!!!!!!!!! I was wondering how you’ve been lately! Great idea to simply avoid WaWa!

Lainie-great job on UB! Care to share your routine? Just out of curiosity!

Kathy-LOL! That’s a typo! It’s supposed to be 8-10…NOT 20!!!!!!! LOL

Christina-take today to ‘detox’! Glad you guys had a nice weekend together!

Carolyn-no.....I'm trying to combine my training for my half marathon AND BFL, and since yesterday I did my 10 mile long run, and my last rest day was LAST Monday, taking today as a rest day just fit best. But then that means I have to double up tomorrow for UB and a run. It just works out that way. I'm still feeling out what kind of results I'll get by doing this, but I really don't have much join, if I really want to do well for my Half Marathon! OH! ANd I can do ONE (maybe) 2 un-assisted pull-ups!

I just got back from the grocery store, where I picked up just a few things that I needed. My Free Day is tomorrow, but I COMPLETELY avoided the processed cookie and cracker aisle. I don’t need that, not even on free day, right? Instead, I’ve decided for tomorrow’s dinner, I’m going to make the Cajon Shrimp Stir Fry recipe that came in this Winter’s issue of Clean Eating (collector’s edition). It’s BFL friendly and looks SOOOOOOOOO yummy! I also picked up a f/f s/f vanilla yogurt for tomorrow’s breakfast. I also have to say that I feel INCREDIBLE for having a complete weekend on BFL!!! As you all know, Sunday is usually my Free Day, but just something about NOT taking it on Sunday left me with a feeling of COMPLETE CONTROL! I LOVE IT!

I'm headed out, decided to wak to work on my rest day! LOL (I'll go slowly!)

Gayle

Carolyn - Way to go on the pull ups!!! Nope, no kidney stones here -- just being stupid and leaned too far over while lifting 40 lbs. Ugh!! Hope your DH figures out what is wrong with his. Back problems are such a bummer. I'm stuck on a plateau too -- let me know if you find something that works!!

Michelle

Belinda - Great idea doing abs first. I always save them till the end or for before bed if I'm time crunched and most of the time end up not doing them.

Michelle - I hope your back feels better soon.

Today I'm starting week three - I haven't missed a workout yet and my eating has cleaned up tremendously. I ran on the treadmill this morning. I think I'm going to try and swap running for Low Max or another Low intensity interval step routine on Wednesday just to add some variety. I've only done 2 or 3 step workouts since DD was born. It might be a fun change.

Rest of the week workouts:
Tue: PUB
Wed: LowMax?
Thr: PLB
Fri: Treadmill run
Sat: PUB

So far I'm down 5 lbs and I think my pants are getting a little more loose.

Gayle - Okay, all you had to say was, "running does wonders for my body" -- I have heard that from so many people. I'm done with the excuses. I've been following the BFL and doing my 20 minutes three times a week on the elliptical -- now that the weather is warming up it is TIME for me take it on the road!

I'm so excited about this. Yesterday I noticed in the Open forum someone asked how to carry your keys, cell phone, etc -- and the response was a "Neoprene hip pouch" from flote.net

Okay, I'm such a sucker. I need something for my mace/ipod/whatever I may need while running. Funny, how I won't be THAT FAR from the house -- since I'll only be running for 20 minutes. However, when I get up to those 10 milers like you and Kathy - I'll be ready!!! har har.

Oh yeah, I even bought 2 - a pink one and a blue one. :)

Michelle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.