Best weight video to lose fat and gain muscle?

Road2ANewMe

Cathlete
I'm wondering what weight DVD you all would recommend for me while I am losing weight? I know that I can't build a lot of muscle while trying to shed a lot of weight...but I know I need to be doing some strength training.

Thanks!
jessica

I love Muscle Endurance. I started out with Push Pull/Supersets, which are both great, too (I love PP for being short yet effective). ME comes with Boot Camp, so you would have a circuit, too. Sometimes I find it easier to work my way into using more weights by adding in circuits for a while. I also have high step circuit, which is pretty fun for me.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions from everyone!

I agree - Muscle Endurance and Boot Camp would be great choices. Drill Max is also a good one - it's more of a ciurcuit workout, but you can go as heavy or as light as you need to on the weight segments. I love Muscle Max for straight weight training also.

Another vote for Muscle Endurance and Boot Camp. I also would recommend The Terminator - I love all three of the workouts on it.

hmm...i'll have to check out my cathe library and see if I have that! I usually do the pyramids, which I love, I just thought I needed a change!

Jessica

In my opinion to really change things up you should try some different workouts other thenCathe - like p90x.

I love Cathe but also agree with the above poster that a change of pace might do wonders for you. I had been doing Cathe, and ONLY Cathe, for years (because she was the only instructor I felt challenged with and truly liked) but decided to give in on the P90X buzz. I lost about 25 pounds and gained amazing muscle. I went from a size 16 to a 12 in my first round of the X and have been able to maintain it. Although, I would like to drop a few more pounds....maybe STS will do the trick......or maybe some duct tape over the mouth?:confused: - Ha

I guess I would suggest that you don't be afraid to try something new. If in doubt, you can always post here and get opinions too.....never a shortage of those.....there's plenty of enablers on the board for sure.;) Since P90X, I now also love Cardio Coach workouts on the EXT, Barrys Bootcamp, and also do some running (when the weather permits) - yes, all thanks to the enablers on this board. *lol* Mix it up and have some fun!:cool:

HTH

Angie

well, my original posts probly implies i've been doing cathe the entire time...well, that's not true exactly. I've done been consistent in working out since my 2nd child was born...in 2006!

So, it's not like my body is used to it all!

Thanks, though!!

I think you'd be fine with ANY of Cathe's weight training workouts! I love ME and Power Hour -- both are great (PH is a sentimental favorite because that was my first Cathe purchase :)). I love the pyramid workouts, too. I think it's good to mix it up, so I'd go with any of her full body endurance workouts, but I'd also use some splits like Slow and Heavy and the Gym Style workouts. You could try to simulate STS, or heck, just get STS!! Honestly, you won't regret it one bit! :D

Last edited:
For me, heavy weight workouts increase my appetite in general. Maybe that's not a bad thing, but if you prize weight loss over all else, then I would suggest weight workouts that have a bit of a cardio feel to them. Jari Love's workouts are like this. Power Hour works well for me.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.