Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today. Already a member? Simply log in above.

Best Cathe workouts for runners?

Discussion in 'Ask Cathe' started by sunsdaughter, Apr 15, 2018.

1. sunsdaughter Cathlete

Hi Cathe & Forum!
    Any suggestions on the best Cathe workouts for long distance runners? I'm an intermediate level runner, have run consistently for the past few years, and am trying to up my game to shave time off of my half and full marathon times. I haven't focused on strength training lately, and I suspect this is why I've dealt with injuries and just haven't run as well as I could have. Time to get back into Cathe mode!
    Would love to hear your thoughts!
    Thanks!!
    sunsdaughter

2. ginny mahaney Active Member

The biggest things that have impacted my running speed are HIIT and plyo. If you'd like to incorporate strength, I would look at doing contrast training for legs. The plyo leg workouts in STS and XTrain cardio leg blast to name a few. You might also try doing Shaun T's Insanity, that level of intensity for plyo HIIT definitely impacted my running speed.
    After many many years of doing Cathe's workouts, my favorite is still Body Max because it covers everything - cardio, contrast training for legs, upper body, endurance, and total body strength. I try to do either Body Max 1 or 2 as my Saturday workout at least 2 times a month. The first one is my favorite though.

Jane Power-Grimm likes this.