Beginner's Rotation Clean Eating/Weights Check-in

RE: Helpful experience

Hi Ducky & Welcome!
Not FFD but when I had the Body Gem test done it was at Bally's Fitness. Maybe check with any gyms in your area. The other New Leaf test was at another gym and more expensive but I wasn't a member.

It is Saturday and errands this morning then a picnic. So afraid exercise will be just walking the dog. Tomorrow DH is running and I am signed up for the walk but not sure how many miles I will be doing - usually 2 or 3. That will be good for me. Stress headache is finally gone after 3 days. Monday I need to do disciplinary action on an employee and I hate doing that type of stuff. Hope to get through that without the HA returning.

Hope to be back on track with exercising soon! Please chastise me!!!
Marie :)

Marie,

I won't chastise you, but I will say that you'll probably get an unbelievable boost if you do a Cathe video! Is it hard to find the time, or do you have time but just have trouble getting yourself to do a Cathe workout? I've found that on days where the latter is happening, if I plan a time when the days first starting and keep it in my mind throughout the day (otherwise its too easy for other responsibilites to encroach), then when the time comes, get up without thinking too much, put on my exercise clothes, and pop in the video. Once I've gotten this accomplished, I'm in! And if you haven't done one in awhile, sometimes just having the feeling of doing one can make your motivation catch fire!!! And good luck with your employee - what is HA?

I'm trying to decide whether to workout this week. You gals know I went through a period of being exhausted - I pushed through and worked out anyway the past couple of weeks, but I still feel exhausted and the workouts have been lackluster. I'm kind-of taking this as a sign that it wasn't just motivation, but maybe I really need a break. Can't recall the last time I took a week off. I know that when I've done it in the past, its always been the best thing and I see progress again when I start back and feel really energized, and since its been so long, I have no reason to feel lazy. But I always get afraid that it'll be too hard to start back, know what I mean?

Hope

Thanks for the tips and verbal push! Need to get ready soon for the picnic but at least took the dog for a mile walk. Our weekends have been hectic and I will be glad when there are not so many things we have to do. Never feel rested then when the work week starts. Found out tomorrow is a 3K walk. Not sure how far in miles.

HA is abbreviation for headache.

Hope - maybe try a few days off and see if you feel better. Or just get out and do things - even a walk in the fresh air or rollerblading or ........

More later. Take care!
:)

Ok.. I'm starting this rotation today! I'm off to do Basic Step right now. I've done this one a few times without the step to learn the moves, now it's time to kick it into high gear! DH and I went and played tennis yesterday, and my obliques and glutes HURT!! We're going again on Wednesday, weather permitting.

Theresa

exercise back on track, but clean eating - AARRRGGGHHH!

Hello all!

Well, after a brief respite from exercise, I felt the random urge to do MIC yesterday, and although painful, I had a blast (and continue to absolutely adore this video!). Tonight, did Tae-bo advanced which I wasn't expecting to have the energy for, and enjoyed it. Hope to do a Cathe tomorrow morning (going to the beach next week, maybe that's where my motivation is emanating!).

Clean eating continues to be elusive. I just feel like I have so much else taking my energy, and it takes so much energy for me to eat clean! I didn't do just terrible, maybe I'm expecting too much (I know it is actually pathological to COMPLETELY control your eating). The problem is, I'm so confused about how to do it. If I eat at the low end (e.g. 1300) my body feels like its losing weight, but I don't have the energy to workout. If I eat more (1600-1700), I enjoy working out so much more, but don't notice progress. Its so frustrating!!!

Any advice/comments?

RE: exercise back on track, but clean eating - AARRRGGGHHH!

Hi All,
FFD - maybe try about 1500 calories. With doing Cathe and other activities you might be going too low at 1300. Glad you are feeling like the workouts are back on track.

I am getting there. Did Power Half Hour (Beach Body) Arms and Quick Fit Abs this morning. Not quite up to all Cathe workouts. Did you see the new series she will be filming in the Fall? It sounds great. Now I know I need to work to be ready for this and start saving the $$$ to buy it. I was going to order Pure Strength but think I will wait now for the new ones. Would like to order another cardio DVD but not sure which one - classics, cardio hits, MIC plus?

Have a good day!

RE: exercise back on track, but clean eating - AARRRGGGHHH!

Yeah, maybe what I need to do is try something consistently (like 1500) and keep with it long enough to evaluate it. I just tend to fall back into old habits.

Good job on doing a workout this morning! I had the best of intentions but felt too worn out this morning so I slept. I see you're thinking about MIC? Love this video! Its super tough, but the hi/lo is so much fun!!! I still can't get all the way through it, but its my challenge to someday do this. I can't speak to the others as I do not have them, so I'm biased. Its very high impact, so that's something to consider if you have problems with plantar faciitis or falling arches. I just lace my shoes up nice and tight...

Good luck with clean eating today everyone!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.